Appeals which have been closed.
Likteer
Byond Username: Likteer

[DISCORD] Likteer#4031

Post by Likteer » #671225

Discord username: Likteer#4031
Ban reason: Harrassing serxule
Time ban was placed: Around the 17th of January
Your side of the story: I was rightfully banned from the discord server, for personally messaging serxule his twitter doxx video, followed by some cryptic bullshit.
The motive does not justify me, but hopefully makes it sound a little less derranged:

I was stuck at home because of a leg injury, bitter and terminally online, overall in a nasty mood.
Someone complains about the guy and shares the video in a miscellaneous discord. I go through some forum threads and get a 2nd-hand dislike for the guy.
I decided to send the vid to serxule and entertain myself with the reaction.
In slang, a troll is a person who posts or makes inflammatory, insincere, digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages online (such as in social media, a newsgroup, a forum, a chat room, an online video game), or in real life, with the intent of provoking others into displaying emotional responses,[2] or manipulating others' perception. The behavior is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or purposefully causing confusion or harm to other people.[3]
Bad stuff.

I eat an obvious ban, waste more time and go to sleep.

I wake up the next day, remember the situation and think "The fuck is wrong with me?". Then I see the vid also made it's way onto the forums and the guy deleted his twitter."What THE FUCK is wrong with me?".
First thing, I decide that recovering from the injury aside, it's high time to go outside.
I wrote an apology to serxule that afternoon, through some means other than Discord. I don't think it was ever read, but it helped my conscience a bit.

Why you think you should be unbanned: After about a month the memory of the event stopped coming back to me on the regular, but I noticed having access to the Discord was useful. I mean, I direct all my code questions to 1 person now and i am a very inquisitive man.
It also helped me meet people after an eventful round without the chaos and transience of OOC.

I think that 2 months is a plausible mark to write an appeal for this. If not, so be it. I can wait more, but I'm not gonna feel any more remorseful for my actions that I do already.
And if I were to ever do something similar in the future, I will very well deserve a permanent ban.
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [DISCORD] Likteer#4031

Post by Vekter » #671242

Banning admin is Omega_DarkPotato, ban reason:
Involvement in the doxxing and harassment of a user.
They've been notified.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #671247

Heya! Currently waiting on a response from MSO on whether this is technically blacklist territory or not - doxxing typically is, and if it is in this case as well you're SOL.
If it's not, it'll fall under my purview and I'll give you a more proper response, but right now the ball's in his court.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #671253

Likteer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:08 pm in a miscellaneous discord.
Likteer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:08 pm followed by some cryptic bullshit.
The most concerning quote from the pm was "I hail from a discord dedicated entirely to your downfall".

could you explain what you meant by that?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Likteer

Post by Likteer » #671258

Probably the cringiest part of what I wrote, but at least they found it funny for a forum signature.
The misc server was actually a sybil player hangout (how did I even end up there?) which I've left some time ago. There is no discord server dedicated to serxule's downfall that I'm aware of.
Likteer

Post by Likteer » #671371

^
edit because I was weary yesterday and didnt actually process the question, sorry
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #673743

Putting a notice in here as well that if MSO doesn't respond back in a few days I'll close and lock this appeal - technically the one week period of inactivity's already passed, but I figured I'd give a longer window since it doesn't really cost me anything to do so.

If that comes to pass, you'll have to wait a year until your next appeal, should you choose to do so later on.
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #674147

MSO asked me for my opinion, and I gave it- this appeal's denied.

Doxxing is an offense that gets you on the blacklist for a reason - it's one of the few things that you can do that affects another real person, and unlike anything in game where it's ultimately Just A Game by the end of the day, your actions had real consequences on another person's activities outside the community.
Although I'm glad that you quickly realized that you fucked up bigtime and went out of your way to apologize without being prompted to do so, the agreement in the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower was that 2 months is a bit of a short turnaround time for something like this. Your level of remorse is fine as it is - you've done about as much as you can towards making up for what you did, but it's not a blacklist for no reason.

I think that if you give it a year, you'll probably find a different response, (which is a lot more than can be said for most doxxers) but it's just not time right now to reverse this.
Best of luck with your future endeavors, whether or not you choose to reappeal in a year's time.
Likteer

Post by Likteer » #674467

Understandable, have a good one.