memelord420
Byond Username: Xxx_epicgamer_xxX

Vekter-XxX_Epicgamer_XxX-Perma ban

Post by memelord420 » #671437

b]BYOND account:[/b] XxX_Epicgamer_XxX
Character name: Oberfurher Otto Weber
Ban type: PERMA
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Named myself Oberfurher Otto weber (ss officer) and made a annocement on the station radio saying "one station one people"
Time ban was placed: 00:48:58
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 202194
Your side of the story: Explain what happened in your own words. Well I wanted to make a German character who was like a war vet and seen some stuff like a Army type and I wanted him to be High up. So I got on a name generator picked the top name which was Otto and picked a random second name Webber. Then it came down to the rank and I was thinking about it So it was between Oberst which is the werhmarcht rank or the one I chose. I chose the one I did because it sounded cooler in my opinion not because I like nazi stuff because I dont like it in that way. sounded like a cool character to play. plan was to be like a old German war vet who just come to the wrong station and indends to build it up and unite the station works.thats where the "one station one people" is always taken out of proportion I was not meaning anything racist or anything just to bring the small station that we had together.

Again I would really like to see what references the admin had for my character because the only 2 nazi things I found was from a tv show or movie and the other was a party member and did not have anything to do with the SS or there was one kriegsmarine. thats all I could find for real I have no idea what you found but I wanna see it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Well I do think it was abit rushed to perma ban me and not even sending me any reference so I could explain because im still clueless at what they saw. again all I can say is about the situation is im not a Nazi and It was bad luck that the name was the same as there thing they looked up but yeah. why should I come back..if not for this I do good at rp and things like that I can tell some stories but not want to fill the whole thing up with it. Im not sure how long I have spent on this server but if I play ss13 this is where I go. I do have a bit of a shady record with things well some welder bombing mouths ago that was when I first started playing I think(I may be wrong). Only things that got me we bans I think was job bans with the cap when I first unlocked it but I learnt to not ruin peoples fun like that now and play command staff better. thing with this I never got a chance to play my dude he died early. but there was not bad intentions and no racist ones either.I have spoke German before on the server which from my memory was just saying things like unite and stuff like that and sign up for the army. but either way I stopped that to. Point is Im a good RP player and all this was taken to far I think the name was just bad luck was not meaning for it to be a real person just what i said above. If im not wrong inst it a rule not to have real people anyway or am i getting my games mixed up.

References of good conduct:Well like 95% of the time I'm a good dude. just had slip ups. I mean dont really know what to put here I'm not a constant trouble causer or racist. I try to main clown so I cant really say im doing good always :). But If need be if someone comes to me with a roleplay thing I always play along. other day I was hop and a fly man came to the desk with a note it said something like "meet me in nirvana" or something so I dropped everything to try and help him find his wife but he did not want to see her as a fly so I made the ultimate sacrifice and swapped brains. Dont know what happened alter that he went SSD. So really I could tell stories all day but I dont know what good it would do here.

Anything else we should know:

cheers for reading
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Vekter-XxX_Epicgamer_XxX-Perma ban

Post by Vekter » #671444

For context, Kubisopplay started this ticket out after having noticed two major issues with your conduct: The first being that you'd named yourself after Oberfurher Otto Weber, a character in a 1968 film called La Grande Vadrouille who was a member of the SS. The only mistake either of us made here was that Otto Weber wasn't a real person, but still a Nazi character and still not permitted under our naming rules. The second was that you made an announcement over the radio saying "One station, one people", which is a smidge too close to the old Nazi slogan of "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer" (One people, one realm, one leader). I took over the ticket after discussing the matter with him and us both deciding it'd be better for me to take the appeal if you decided to do so.

Either of these things in a vacuum would have been questionable. I can believe that a random name generator would've given you the name Otto and you just picked up Weber from somewhere, and I can also (to a degree) believe that you looked for a random German military rank and just picked something you thought sounded neat.

Except, when I google "German military ranks", that rank doesn't come up anywhere. Go ahead, try it. Hell, even try adding "ww2" to the end of it. It's nowhere without digging very specifically for it.

Know where it is, though?

The Wikipedia page for the ranks and insignia of the Waffen-SS.

So, y'know what? Fine. In a vacuum, by itself, I'd give it to you. But then you start with the "One station, one people" bullshit. That, by itself, would also be odd but not really worth looking into. Together, however, they definitely throw a bunch of red flags.

Y'know what's worse, and you don't even note it in this appeal? The thing that actually tipped me off that you were full of shit? You said this:
[2023-03-21 00:23:36] Xxx_epicgamer_xxX/(Oberfuhrer Otto Weber) (Bridge (116,110,2)) (Event #9) "you not from the great riech"
There's two possibilities here. Either you've got a really shitty sense of humor, or you're a Nazi. If you're not a Nazi, I don't want people around here that're going to make light of them. If you are one, well. Like I said, you're not welcome here.

Denied. You are entitled to a headmin review; maybe they'll unban you, but I sure as hell won't.
Spoiler:
A few of the other admins thought I should post some kind of WW2 anti-Nazi propaganda poster here as a pithy little "fuck you", but I don't really think you're worth the effort or attention.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
memelord420

Post by memelord420 » #671446

well yeah I agree the slogan is close and yeah I did use the SS one Honestly I did because it sounds cooler not because of the affiliation I think the werhmact one is Oberst or somthing which sounds shit. and again [2023-03-21 00:23:36] Xxx_epicgamer_xxX/(Oberfuhrer Otto Weber) (Bridge (116,110,2)) (Event #9) "you not from the great riech" that quote is taken out of context here I could not understand what the person was saying. as I said to the other admin I could not understand him and if you read what my character was going to be it made sense its like he was a stranger and like your not from where im from.

and the other quote I did mention it. how else you want me to put it. yes it sounds similar and as I said it was ment for people to work together and unite. not like I said the exact thing and was not ment to be nazi connected. my dude was just ment to be a german army vet who wanted to unite the station . should have mentioned this Ill just delete the char not really a problem. will not do again.

im not trying to hide anything here it was just me playing a character and picked a ss rank which sounded cool for the dude. I know the ranks n stuff yeah because I like ww2 and the quote did sound close yes but had not not 100% and did not mean it to be nazi or racist as I keep saying.
memelord420

Post by memelord420 » #671448

well how do I get a headadmin review
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #671458

I will let them know you're requesting one.

Also:
Round 198968 wrote:[2023-01-26 21:08:02.378] SAY: Xxx_epicgamer_xxX/(RJ Macready) (priority announcement) "Prove your Loyalty to the riech and join the volkssturm!,fight the cult ask the hos for details" (Bridge (152,138,2))
I am not stupid, my dude.
Last edited by Vekter on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
memelord420

Post by memelord420 » #671461

cheers
memelord420

Post by memelord420 » #671468

Vekter wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:20 am I will let them know you're requesting one.

Also:
Round 198968 wrote:[2023-01-26 21:08:02.378] SAY: Xxx_epicgamer_xxX/(RJ Macready) (priority announcement) "Prove your Loyalty to the riech and join the volkssturm!,fight the cult ask the hos for details" (Bridge (152,138,2))
I am not stupid, my dude.

all riech is government mate does not mean anything. does not mean I was screaming racist things I did also say I was saying this stuff before. also I was assembling a milta as a german char so volkstrum made sense. again my point is here im not meaning anything racist or anything by this. as I keep saying if you dont want me to play this type of char I will not simple fix.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #671551

Fuck off with the Nazi-aligned content. Its not socially acceptable or funny at any point and time anywhere.

You clearly knew what you were doing saying things like 'one station one people' and your very coincidental naming choice, alongside your wording choice IC. An old German war vet that's a Nazi is still a Nazi.

We wish you the best of luck on joining the Volkssturm.

Please feel free to appeal this in a years time.

Timberpoes: What they said ^

Kieth4: As you picked the rank that sounded cooler to you, between banning and unbanning you I picked the option that sounded cooler to me
Hugs