Byond Username: Absolucy

[Saegrimr] Darkbitt - "You must be over 18 to play"

Post by aspen » #671452

BYOND account: Darkbitt
Character name: N/A
Ban type: Server / Blacklist
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "You must be over 18 to play"
Time ban was placed: Late 2016 I believe (November/December-ish?)
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: N/A
Your side of the story: Okay, so my side of the story is kinda split up into two parts. What led to the ban itself (which is relatively simple), and what led to the blacklist (which is a bit more complicated).
-- What led to the initial server ban: Basically, I was new to the game. I did not fully understand the concept of ick oock. I ick oocked, I think it was a nukie round and I wanted the admins to play cool music? No clue how I remember that, tbh. Got an temporary OOC ban. Me, being immature, went to the IRC and argued with the banning admin about it, leading to the server "You Must Be Over 18" ban, which was fully justified tbh.
-- What led to my blacklist: So, after being server-banned, I just couldn't accept the fact that I was banned and couldn't return. I was still immature, because of course I was, and chose to ban evade instead of waiting for myself to mature so I could return the normal way. I don't believe I really griefed when ban evading, I think I mostly just tried to play normally, although at one point I accidentally triggered some bug with the stickyban system that caused it to go nuts and start banning a bunch of people (to this day, I still do not know what I did to cause that bug, or if it was just by chance or something).
Why you think you should be unbanned: Meh, it's been 6 years. I've matured, and this time, I have time on another big SS13 server to prove it. I want to kinda try to clear my name, y'know. I really do regret the stupid-ass way I used to act, and tbh I get really embarrassed talking about it. So I've legitimately been trying to, well, I've been trying to better myself, and I'd say I've actually succeeded this time, considering that I've been able to keep myself together enough to rack up many, many hours and remain a good player on a decent server.
References of good conduct: I've been fully unbanned on BeeStation and currently have nearly 200h of living playtime, and it seems that many people that play there seem to see me as a positive presence on the server.
Anything else we should know: I currently play on the ckey "Absolucy", and over the years have lost access to many of my older accounts (including the initially banned account, Darkbitt). If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me, and I'll try to answer, although do note my memories from most things before 2020-2021 are pretty fuzzy nowadays.

Previous Appeals (for reference):
Nov 2021
Apr 2021
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Saegrimr] Darkbitt - "You must be over 18 to play"

Post by oranges » #671471

They also have a reference of good conduct from coderbus, where they have been contributing a reasonable amount for several months and show no signs of past behaviours.

edit: since 09/2020 that is.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #672107

Because your last two appeals had MSO interject he's basically who your appeal is now targetted at, perhaps with his decisions partially informed by current headmin team of the day.

Accordingly, I've let MSO know about this appeal in the headmin channels.

If he doesn't respond and doesn't hand the appeal down to the headmins in the next week, this'll end up being summarily dismissed due to lack of interest from MSO with the same "try again in a year" as last time.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
aspen
Byond Username: Absolucy

Post by aspen » #673384

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:36 am Because your last two appeals had MSO interject he's basically who your appeal is now targetted at, perhaps with his decisions partially informed by current headmin team of the day.

Accordingly, I've let MSO know about this appeal in the headmin channels.

If he doesn't respond and doesn't hand the appeal down to the headmins in the next week, this'll end up being summarily dismissed due to lack of interest from MSO with the same "try again in a year" as last time.
Wait, didn't it take like a month or so for MSO to respond last time? If that's the case again, wouldn't a week be a bit too short of a timespan?
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #674581

The last appeal was viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30352, which was posted on November 27th of 2021. MSO responded on February 2nd of 2022. That's two months, give or take a few days.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #679636

MSO's on stoner lent and I think this has been given long enough to stew.

He's a big boy and if he wants to overturn it anyway he can dig this up from the graveyard and do just that.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin