Byond Username: Challade

[DISCORD] Huebone#0001

Post by Huebone » #685165

Discord Username:
Huebone#0001
Time Ban Was Placed:
few years back
Your Side of the Story:
Someone had asked me about my political affiliation, conservative or liberal, I answered socially conservative, economically liberal and I got banned. When I asked what the reason was, one of the mods said the reason listed was for the underage rule. Though I personally think they meant whatever rule was beside it, which I don't know which one it could be.
Why You Think You Should Be Unbanned:
If I was banned for being underage, I think I was 22 at the time of my banning. Otherwise, I think I got baited into something? Anyways, the ban was a few years back and I didn't bother to appeal because I thought it was funny to have been banned for the underage rule. Now, however, some servers have noted my banning and it's working against me in certain case and I need it addressed. As for why WHY I should be unbanned? I don't really talk politics much anymore, plus my behavior's been pretty well on other servers, I've been doing well on the CM discord, for example. No warnings, there nor from Fulp, the other big one. You can ask there. Plus, I'm working on code for a server and I do need to ask some questions regarding TG code to the coderbus.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [DISCORD] Huebone#0001

Post by Timberpoes » #687047

God, fuck. Sorry for not getting to this for so long. I'm 99.9% sure I checked in on this and posted. Obviouisly I did not. Let me quickly rehash the details as I'm aware:

The banning admin was Armhulen. He's not technically able to do any Discord mod stuff anymore since we redid Discord permissions and removed some stuff from Game Masters, but I'll happily endorse whatever outcome he's happy with as both a headmin and a Discord mod.

Your ban reason is "rule 11" but there's some nuance to it. You're correct in that Arm put the incorrect rule. At the time you were banned, Rule 12 was the anti-bigotry rule and Arm mixed it up with in-game where Rule 11 is anti-bigotry.

However, since people kept fucking this up, we changed it to Rule 11 on the Discord too by reshuffling them around. So your ban reason is accidentally accurate - the best kind of accurate.

https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 3564186655

Code: Select all

[armhulenn#9821] — 26/01/2021 10:51
i put rule 11 but i meant rule 12 since it's rule 11 in game
i play ss13 too much
It appears the reason for your ban was the following brief exchange:
https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 9027049482

FloranOtten — 26/01/2021 10:49
we can presume trans rights are human rights then
glad you agree

Huebone — 26/01/2021 10:49
No
Which promptly saw you banned.

[armhulenn#9821] — 26/01/2021 10:49
And so
there's the end of encino

Huebone — 26/01/2021 10:49
I am progressive
Progressively sick of your shit

[armhulenn#9821] — 26/01/2021 10:50
You are progressive in the sense that you progressed into a ban
I've given Arm a poke and he'll swing by at some point to take this. Again, sorry for the delay. I did all this investigation when you posted your appeal and then prompty forgot to post and poke Arm.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #687052

Hi, thanks for appealing, and sorry for the mistake back then. The stupid difference in rules between server and discord and forums was something I malded into the sun about back then because I was working with all three. Anyways, it's been a long time and a lot of things about the discord have changed, I'll lift it if you just give me a little confidence boost in expected good behavior simply by saying you'll be careful when dredging through the swamps of dangerous ban-possible territory.
Huebone
Byond Username: Challade

Post by Huebone » #687755

Yeah, I'll be careful.

You can look over CM, my behavior's been welcomed there, and they've been more on my case before I was in TG. So I have changed, if that's what you expect.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #688053

Cool cool, okay your ban is lifted! And I'm not actually that worried, there's some folk who miss you and said some nice stuff about you.