abdulshakur
Byond Username: JohnSmith1234

Vekter Abdul Shakur - Permaban

Post by abdulshakur » #688435

BYOND account: JohnSmith1234
Character name: Abdul Shakur
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Asked Typhnox in OOC if he "liked anime with children in it", then said "ahahah that's what I thought, you are sickening" when he didn't answer. You've been warned multiple times about harassing other players over long-dead drama.
Time ban was placed: 2022-12-10
Server you were playing on when banned: Unknown
Round ID in which ban was placed: 196025
Your side of the story: I was making fun of someone because of youtube videos.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Its not ok to harass people, I think I should get another chance on tg because I have reread the rules and understand them better now.
Anything else we should know:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Vekter Abdul Shakur - Permaban

Post by Vekter » #688450

Alright, thanks for appealing. Let's see what we can work out.

Both of your accounts (Niceman47 and JohnSmith1234) had multiple notes for harassment. You had to be talked to about the Typhnox issue three times before I finally banned you for it. Even if that was six months ago, you had a note on Niceman47 for calling people slurs. This demonstrates a history of disregard for the rules and consistent harassment of others. Why should I think that you've changed in the last six months?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
abdulshakur

Post by abdulshakur » #688460

I understand fully that it is not ok to harass other players, I just want to experience TG again. I have played on goon on and off and not had any warns in that time. I have reread the rules and understand what will and what will not constitute a rule break. The typhnox thing got to my head, I have moved on.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #688472

I'm going to do some talking to some others, see what we think about the matter. I'll get a decision for you as soon as we can.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

abdulshakur

Post by abdulshakur » #688479

ok sounds good
abdulshakur

Post by abdulshakur » #688489

Did you talk to the other mods yet?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #688490

abdulshakur wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:27 pm Did you talk to the other mods yet?
I'm working right now, I'll let you know as soon as I've come to a decision. Posting here isn't going to make it any faster.
Spoiler:

abdulshakur

Post by abdulshakur » #688521

Any news?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #688523

Thanks for your patience. I wanted to talk to a few people (including Typhnox) before I made a decision here. Most everyone agreed that you should be given a second chance, so I've unbanned you.

Your behavior outside of this specific incident wasn't bad, so I don't anticipate any major issues. Just understand that you'll be held to a slightly higher standard when interacting with other players, especially Typhnox.
Spoiler:

abdulshakur

Post by abdulshakur » #688525

ok thanks