[Thunder12345] NewJack - Rape

Appeals which have been closed.
NewJack

[Thunder12345] NewJack - Rape

Post by NewJack » #688603

Byond account and character name: NewJack, Eristede Kell(I think?)
Banning admin: Thunder12345
Ban type: Permaban
Ban reason and length: Rape
Time ban was placed: 27.07.2017 9:03 UTC+2
Server you were playing when banned: Sybil, I think
Your side of the story:

What I wrote the first time I appealed, which was a couple weeks after the incident
Your side of the story: As CMO got attacked by an engineer in maint( I thought he was a traitor but he turned out to be a gangster later) , got stunned and dragged into dorms, got released and converted by some other gangsters, took the engineer to dorms and started choking him while writing lewd emotes.Got bwoinked the next game and permabanned, the admin told me to appeal it in a couple weeks.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I regret my actions and wasn't aware of the strict laws against ERP and rape on tg. I have no intent to commit anything similar in the future.
What I wrote the second time I appealed, which was a year after the incident:
Your side of the story: Your side of the story: As CMO got attacked by an engineer in maint( I thought he was a traitor but he turned out to be a gangster later) , got stunned and dragged into dorms, got released and converted by some other gangsters, took the engineer to dorms and started choking him while writing lewd emotes. Got bwoinked the next game and permabanned, the admin told me to appeal it in a couple weeks (viewtopic ... ck#p327345). The appeal got denied and I was told I would get unbanned if I managed to get a reference from another server that I am a quality player.[url].

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been playing on yogs for the past 6 months without any major problems (no bans, only several jobbans).
So what happened was that some ingame events led to me choking this guy and emoting something completely revolting (emote is in spoiler)
► Show Spoiler
Why you think you should be unbanned:
I was 15 at the time, currently am 20, and as I remember what was going through my head was something like "ahaha lmao lizard erp lol". I am not and was not some kind of sexual creep, I did not get off to this or something. I don't think I did anything else similar to this on space station 13 and I definitely have not done anything even adjacent to this in real life (as in being a creep, making someone uncomfortable etc.). I have remembered this from time to time and it makes me cringe every time I do.

References of good conduct:

After this unban request which was posted on june 2018 I played until around April 2019 at which point I started played much less frequently if at all, although as I remember I don't think I got banned at all in that period (I tried to search up my ban logs on the yogstation forums as I think they had that function but I can't find it so if someone who has access to that could post them that would be great).

Apart from that I don't have anything but my word that I'm a normal person now.

Anything else we should know:
In terms of me as a player, I was a total shitlord, I got permabanned on citadel for getting too many non-perma bans, I got permad on hyppie for griefing, on yogstation as I remember it I got permad for metacommunication in the summer of 2017 but then got unbanned some time later, then as mentioned in the ban appeal I "had been playing on yogs for the past 6 months without any major problems (no bans, only several jobbans)", to which an admin posted:
Also, saying you've been playing on another server "without any major problems" and in the same breath saying that you've received several jobbans is a bit of a contradicting statement. Before the yog admins are asked (and bearing in mind they may have a less rosy opinion of your time on their server then you do), could you go over what lead to the jobbans, and why you think they'd be a good reference for you to be unbanned in spite of the jobbans?

Also, if this is possible, I would like to have the record of this ban removed because I do not want to have some dumb thing that I did as a kid almost 6 years ago held over my head for the rest of my life. Even if this is some anonymous account it still makes me uncomfortable that something like that exists on some database on the internet somewhere and could potentially affect my life in the future.

Also, my brother got unfairly banned because of me and I think it was decided to unban him(here is his appeal viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12235&p=321968&hil ... t2#p321968) but he wasn't unbanned and all of this time he thought that he was banned and did not appeal it :) so if what I said is the case I would like to ask for some admin to unban him.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345] NewJack - Rape

Post by Thunder11 » #688611

It’s been the better part of six years, I don’t have any problem giving you another chance. Should be lifted soon.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: [Thunder12345] NewJack - Rape

Post by Fikou » #688613

Ban should be removed now.