Post by Blase » #688383

BYOND account: bowlofcereal
Character name: Conduct happened over discord and forums
Admin in question: bowlofcereal
When did it take place: Night of May 30th to June 1st
Round ID in which ban was placed: Irrelevant
Evidence:

Your side of the story:

I believe I was unjustly banned on the whims of an admin who had almost zero interaction with me. Bowlofcereal had only spoken directly to me once, which is an insane rarity if he was chastising me for bad behavior. Infact he has never mentioned my name at all in the discord. The word stop has never been said to me by him, or by anyone in an admin enforcement context. The word slur has never been said to me by an admin. Based on all of this, I believe it is completely justified to say that I was NOT "consistently told not to use slurs" and DID NOT "continue to use slurs after". For an admin to lie about this is a grave breach of public trust and is severely insulting to my own personal character. I am deeply insulted, and I demand an apology and a retraction of this claim and the claim about "generally hostile for little reason".

As for "generally being hostile to other people for little reason", I spoke to several staff and players, and they all were bewildered by these claims. Several of them immediately assumed this ban to be a mistake by bowl due to a misclick. I spoke to half a dozen others, repeating the language of the "generally hostile for little reason" claim, and they all denied its veracity. You could ask any number of players in the TGMC discord, and they would all state that I am not "generally hostile to other people for little reason". For him to tell me that the last few posts I made before this ban were displays of consistent hostility is insanity, and I have NOT been informed in the past to chill out on. My last few messages on the discord were not consistently hostile towards other people, they were discussing engineering backpacks and engineers in general with several other engineer mains. For a senior administrator to lie about someone he does not know, and barely interacts with, banning him on a whim with no warning and no opportunity given for a behavioral correction is conduct unbecoming of any admin.

I call upon bowl to provide examples of me being generally hostile to others for little reason.
I call upon bowl to provide examples of me being warned for this, and then continuing it on later.
I call upon bowl to provide examples of me being consistently told not to use slurs, and then continuing to use slurs after being told not to.

If these three things cannot be proven, then I believe this complaint is justified. I believe bowl will not be able to find any single solid bit of evidence of any of these three claims.
Zack24
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Zack24

Re: [COMPLAINT] Bowlofcereal Blase#5853

Post by Zack24 » #688405

Let me preface this by saying that admins cant handle their own complaint outside of giving a bit of context or self-defense but otherwise headmins are the ones who handle this, Now focusing on the ban alone. The ban wording was heavy-handed, and quick to judge. As you weren't warned in the past for this rulebreak at all.

Now as for your requests yourself: We're not your personal investigators, nor do I want every admin doing a ban to do a thorough search on a player for breaking a rule, if you broke a rule you broke a rule. I did a quick search with discord's search function aswell, putting in the keyword "fag" Which I suspect bowl did too, showing that you only said it 7 times, while having a huge year gap inbetween the recent ones and the old ones.

Bowl at this point, should've looked if you actually had history first of warnings or bans, but frankly, I myself don't really care if someone who says slurs gets banned immediately with or without a warning.

Your appeal focusing on the inconsistency of the ban reason is quite fine really, but you make me see red each time you say that if you were warned first you'd stop. Implying this is some sort of three strike rule or "you have to catch me and warn me before x!" Read the rules and follow them, you don't need a warning or someone to tell you to re-read the rules, instead have the basic courtesy to not say slurs. I will tell Bowl to relax on ban wordings in the future to prevent this kind of stuff, but I myself, outside of the heavy-handed ban wording, think your ban for saying a slur is completely justified.
Blase
Byond Username: MacBlaze

Post by Blase » #688412

Zack24 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:56 pm Let me preface this by saying that admins cant handle their own complaint outside of giving a bit of context or self-defense but otherwise headmins are the ones who handle this, Now focusing on the ban alone. The ban wording was heavy-handed, and quick to judge. As you weren't warned in the past for this rulebreak at all.

Now as for your requests yourself: We're not your personal investigators, nor do I want every admin doing a ban to do a thorough search on a player for breaking a rule, if you broke a rule you broke a rule. I did a quick search with discord's search function aswell, putting in the keyword "fag" Which I suspect bowl did too, showing that you only said it 7 times, while having a huge year gap inbetween the recent ones and the old ones.

Bowl at this point, should've looked if you actually had history first of warnings or bans, but frankly, I myself don't really care if someone who says slurs gets banned immediately with or without a warning.

Your appeal focusing on the inconsistency of the ban reason is quite fine really, but you make me see red each time you say that if you were warned first you'd stop. Implying this is some sort of three strike rule or "you have to catch me and warn me before x!" Read the rules and follow them, you don't need a warning or someone to tell you to re-read the rules, instead have the basic courtesy to not say slurs. I will tell Bowl to relax on ban wordings in the future to prevent this kind of stuff, but I myself, outside of the heavy-handed ban wording, think your ban for saying a slur is completely justified.
Thats fine by me then. Thanks Zach.
Zack24
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Zack24

Post by Zack24 » #688413

The admin in question will be told to double check before writing ban reasons to avoid any confusion, this thread will be locked in 2 days. Have a nice day.
Naaanii
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Naaanii

Post by Naaanii » #688744

Locking thread.
Your local TGMC Head Administrator.