Zanlinki
Byond Username: Zanlinki

[BAN] [Grinkgo] Zanlinki

Post by Zanlinki » #689096

BYOND account: Zanlinki
Character name: Flechette-666
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Killing an SO for being SSD. Multiple attempts to justify themselves during the ticket instead of accepting responsibility; kept trying to put blame on the SSD player.
Time ban was placed: 2023-04-24 00:25:48
Round ID in which ban was placed: 20799
Your side of the story: During an intense round on TGMC, I was playing on the marine side and we were losing quite badly. The only command we had were one SSD(afk) SO, who was in charge of manually launching the Alamo ship. Me and another marine shipside decided to find and steal the SO's card in order to launch the Alamo, but I was the one to point-blank shotgun the SO in a fit of anger and frustration.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe the ban is totally justified and I realized that emotions are not a good reason to remove a player from the round. I will remember to Ahelp in such situations and improve my behavior from now on if unbanned.
grinkgo
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Grinkgo

Re: [BAN] [Grinkgo] Zanlinki

Post by grinkgo » #689697

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write an appeal.

You were not banned solely due to your actions but also because of the attitude you displayed during the ticket, in which you attempted multiple times to shirk the blame to others, including an SSD player unable to speak for themselves and the admin team itself. This sort of behavior is completely unacceptable in our community, and as an admin team we expect our players to be able to recognize their faults and hold themselves accountable so that everyone can enjoy the game we love. I understand that emotions can get heated during a round, however that is never an excuse to escalate the situation to the extent that you did.

With that being said, you've been given more than a month to cool off and reconsider and it seems like you understand what is expected of you now, so I'm willing to lift the ban on the condition that for future incidents you own up to your actions straight up and be more cooperative with the admin handling the ticket.