[Ban Appeal][Rohesie] mynameajeff - CL jobban

mynameajeff
Byond Username: Mynameajeff

[Ban Appeal][Rohesie] mynameajeff - CL jobban

Post by mynameajeff » #477869

Your Byond ckey: mynameajeff

Your character name: Joel Alvarez (at the time of banning?)

Admin who banned you: Rohesie, but it's listed under "Adminbot" in view admin remarks.

Type of ban (What are you banned from?): Jobban

Ban duration:
Until requested that it is removed by appeal.

Ban reason:
Banned from Corporate Liaison - Did some LRP shennanigans that ended him up in permabrig first and then in a normal sentence. After he was freed by the MP, and warned not to suicide in adminhelps (but to cryo instead if he wanted to leave the game), went to his quarters, promoted someone to CL and suicided anyway.

Your side of the story:
I believe that I have changed in my time away from the server, I have learned more about quality roleplay and story development in general, and I'd like to have a role that's primarily roleplay over combat, and has the most opportunity to create a subplot, or branch inside the rounds that lay ahead for me on TGMC. I believe that I am to blame, not the standards of the server, staff or its host for my actions and that I was completely and utterly wrong in what I did, blinded by a standard of lower roleplay from other games and servers on the Byond platform.

Why would I want to remove my eligibility to contribute to a round now when I could mold a story, of corruption and fiendish control, or the story of a hapless man, slaving away over a desk wanting an escape from the common life of space and ships? Or something boundless within the limits of imagination itself with the round-based nature, the only constraint is TIME.

When these actions were committed, I was very naive to betray the experience of other players in exchange for personal benefit. I feel apologetic to anyone I have and had dismayed when these rounds occurred.

My actions were nothing but my own, a blinded personality which wished to help the individual, rather than the group. An experience I could only keep to myself which is selfish.

Why do you think you should be unbanned:

I have changed since then, my mannerisms and roleplay should fit a higher standard that the server wished me to fill, by my countless notes that are my actions.

I hope that they are not held against me, I wish to show that I have changed and contribute more than I have in the past, to make it up to the people who's time was wasted by my selfish shenanigans, such as the staff who had to deal with me countless times, even outside of notes, on other servers, and other games alike.

It however, lies under your judgement to see if I wait longer, or if I may resume my new endeavors among your server. My actions in the past deserve to be cataloged to ensure that they do not persist in my behavior in the future, and present. Anyhow, I welcome you to judge me and provide logs, against or for my argument.

My closing argument, my ignorance, reactions, activities and anything else flawed with my character, are fault to myself, and only myself. I am accountable here. No-one is responsible for my actions except me personally.

Your judgement, however is the final call if I deserve a discharge, a pardon, or anything in between.
Last edited by mynameajeff on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: [Ban Appeal][Rohesie] mynameajeff - CL jobban

Post by Rohesie » #478459

The logs for the round you were banned are not relevant to the thread, because you are not claiming it was unfair, merely that you've changed.

Your activity since the ban, in the past 3 months, has been almost null. You have a ton of notes acquired from when you actually played here, in October last year, mainly.

There's not enough playtime without gaining notes to be able to back your claims of having changed your play style.

Have you been playing in different servers on the last three months? If so, which?
If they are in host chat and can vouch that you've been active, properly following the rules, then we could take that into account.
mynameajeff
Byond Username: Mynameajeff

Post by mynameajeff » #478546

I don't feel it as unfair, although Corporate Liaison isn't an occupation as vital to a round as leadership roles, that is trivial when my mistakes were caused by my character as shown by those notes.

Around this time my behavior on other servers too was unsavory, I understand this may delay or influence your consideration, but you deserve to know the truth that I have a bad past on other servers as well.

I plan being more active on your server however, I understand your hesitance to unban somebody in any regard when they have such a bad track record on your server.
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #480281

Your honesty is appreciated, and it's points in your favor, but unfortunately we cannot really lift your ban without seeing some sort of improvement in your play style. We need to have a reasonable expectation that you will play the role without forcing an admin to intervene, and that needs to be backed with actions, not just words.

My recommendation is for you to show decent activity without serious notes or incidents for some months, three at least, before you re-appeal.

For now this is denied.