[Admin Complaint][RipGrayson] Tesora - Unfair things

Tesora
Byond Username: Tesora

[Admin Complaint][RipGrayson] Tesora - Unfair things

Post by Tesora » #485923

Your Byond ckey: Tesora
Your character name: Louis Daniels
Admin in question: RipGrayson
When did it take place (or if applicable, the RoundID): 23/03/2019, around 22:20
Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc.): http://prntscr.com/n22ufq could not find anything else.
Your side of the story: After i get shot on CIC, i started a gunfight, ended loosing and got dead the entire round, after it, he asked me what happened, i said and accused the player who shooted me of their grief that you can find on my Player Report, after 20 minutes of no return he sent me a message, saying i was banned because i shooted back to the guy who shooted me, to me review the rules and nothing more than that, i see this as a real bad issue process and a unfair ban that i am not going to appeal while this Complaint is beeing handled.
RipGrayson
TGMC Maintainer
Byond Username: RipGrayson

Re: [Admin Complaint][RipGrayson] Tesora - Unfair things

Post by RipGrayson » #486297

Hello, I was the admin for this case. Let's break this down, statement by statement.
Tesora wrote:
i started a gunfight, ended loosing and got dead the entire round
Tesora wrote:
i was banned because i shooted back to the guy who shooted me
While your reasoning might understandable TGMC policy is very clear, if you are being griefed, do not respond except by ahelping the issue. When you "started a gunfight" and "shooted back to the guy who shooted me" you made things exponentially more complex to deal with, in this case your firefight killed at least one other marine commander in the area, wrecked CIC beyond repair, and cost the marines the entire match due to lack of overwatch. Even without the damage, your actions still violated rule 4,
The game is divided into factions. Cooperation is expected between members of the same faction and those outside of it are considered valid targets.

We do not harm our own faction, shoot at them, or kill them, regardless of circumstances. (Technically escalation exists, but this case is far outside of valid escalation.)
Two wrongs don't make a right, even if somebody is breaking a rule it doesn't give you an excuse to break it yourself.
Tesora wrote:
20 minutes of no return he sent me a message i was banned
Piecing together logs from this kind of incident is a complicated affair, which is why your ahelp took twenty minutes to process. Again, if you had held your fire none of this would have happened and your ticket would have been resolved in less than five minutes versus the twenty or more it actually took.

Additionally, the phrase "i was banned" is disingenuous making it sound like I applied a server ban to you when nothing of the sort occurred. Under the circumstances you just came off of a permanent CL ban for misbehavior literally less than a day earlier. Keeping in mind your notes, the circumstances surrounding the fight, and the collateral damage from the firefight I chose to reapply the CL ban for three days instead of issuing a much harsher ban. I will however adjust your note though, to clarify the damage done to CIC as the main reason for the job ban.
Tesora wrote:
sent me a message () to me review the rules and nothing more than that
http://prntscr.com/n22ufq

I do apologize for the terseness of that last PM, the round end had been delayed for at least 5 minutes and I was trying to finish up a very complicated situation quickly for the sake of player sanity. As previously mentioned, I will edit your note to better reflect the reasoning behind the temporary job ban as soon as I can. The round ended almost immediately after I messaged you, so I wasn't able to follow up or explain things afterwards.
Tesora wrote:
i see this as a real bad issue process and a unfair ban that i am not going to appeal while this Complaint is beeing handled.
This honestly reads like you got dinged for doing something you shouldn't and decided you enjoyed punishing the admin responsible more than appealing your ban.
Tesora wrote:
he asked me what happened, i said and accused the player who shooted me of their grief that you can find on my Player Report
What happened to the other parties involved in the firefight isn't important here.
This is entirely about how I handled your ban.
The situation has been resolved and pinging me over discord to tell you what happened to the other players will get you nowhere. For that matter, creating reports on other players because you couldn't find out how they were punished won't get you anywhere either.

Unless you have evidence that I crossed a line applying this punishment, or behaved in an inappropriate or biased fashion, I don't see this complaint going anywhere. That being said, if at any point a headmin decides I have behaved incorrectly I will take whatever punishment is deemed appropriate.
Kingtrin
Byond Username: Kingtrin

Re: [Admin Complaint][RipGrayson] Tesora - Unfair things

Post by Kingtrin » #486327

For the record it is possible to avoid punishment for return FF under certain circumstances. The best example is someone shooting up multiple other people in a rampage, in which case you can potentially avoid punishment. This really depends on the context and whether you hit someone else in the process. You would, however, be expected to explain yourself in any circumstance and also probably warned not to do that again.

Damaging equipment or hitting other people pretty much makes you in the wrong no matter the initial reasons.