Discord ban appeal

spookydonut
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Spookydonut

Discord ban appeal

Post by spookydonut » #554181

I was told to make a discord ban appeal instead of just being unbanned so I guess here it is?
spookydonut
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Spookydonut

Re: Discord ban appeal

Post by spookydonut » #554183

spookydonut: i got banned for telling roh to fuck off twice when they tried to pick a fight about something not involving them, after that argument was all but over, which is something roh has done like 4-5 times before that
spookydonut: you cant then say oh well the ban was justified for all this other shit you did and werent warned about or stuff you did that was already dealt with
spookydonut: you also cant justify the discord ban with anything that didnt happen on discord
spookydonut: so yeah i'm taking it about as seriously as anyone else is
spookydonut: also of note, roh broke the moderation guidelines by banning me for something directly involving themselves when there were plenty of other admins online
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Discord ban appeal

Post by terranaut » #555419

As this appeal has gone unanswered for a while I'm going to handle it; this is with headmin/project lead approval.

I'm going to cut to the chase here and say that this appeal is denied. I will try to be as transparent as I can without straight leaking as to the why.

The appeal was first discussed amongst the admin team when you spoke to Psy, who brought it up and asked our opinion on it. Initially we were generally in favor of unbanning you, me included, but as nobody warrants special treatment we asked for an appeal.

After your appeal went up the mood changed and with your second post it was a pretty clear-cut no. I'm not sure why you believe that making an essentially empty thread just essentially telling us that we asked for an appeal is sufficient; you were banned for a reason, and that reason didn't go away with Rohesie leaving, but of course that doesn't mean it needs to be a permanent ban.

As it stands, though, your second post is basically just a reiteration of the behavior that got you banned in the first place, so at this point we feel like lifting the ban will just lead to a repeat of the scenario.

I've stated this concern in our internal discussion and I'll bring it to you, aswell: As maintainer, you carry a position with a certain amount of weight, and I'm concerned that your aggressive and hostile behavior will drive contributors away. Unless I feel like this is not the case, I will be against unbanning.

You can appeal again on the 14th of May or at a later date.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]