[DISCORD] Nixon

Nixon
Byond Username: Crevette

[DISCORD] Nixon

Post by Nixon » #561601

Discord Username: Nixon#2378
Banning Admin: grinkgo
Ban Reason: Anti-LGBT behavior and causing an argument on the #shitposting channel.
Time Ban Was Placed: 2020-05-12 14:00 CST / 2020-05-12 6:00 UTC
Your Side of the Story: I had posted a meme which celebrated the passing of a bill by South Dakota’s Republican-dominated House which would ban physicians from treating transgender children, of age 16 and below, with hormones and sex reassignment surgery. The administrator grinkgo had told me to stop and delete the post. I complied and took a backseat in the conversation. A few other discord users had argued about transgenders and were later banned along with me from the discord server after the argument was resolved 11 hours later with no notification or guide on what to do.
Why You Think You Should Be Unbanned: I am a long-time player of TGMC, and I really liked my time with this community and code base, but that does not excuse this. I may have sparked an argument which had kicked out other users and I apologize to them. I also apologize to the server for somewhat tainting their image. And I apologize to the people I have hurt with my comments, I did not mean to offend anybody and I promise to keep my hand off from such sensitive subjects. About the ban: If I were ever to be banned, I would like to be notified and instructed on what to do afterwards. From first impression it seemed like you didn't want me back, that may be true (I can't really have anything to say about that.)
TheSpecialSnowflake
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: TheSpecialSnowflake

Re: [DISCORD] Nixon

Post by TheSpecialSnowflake » #561630

I'll add my two cents here as this entire event caused a bit of a storm. Earlier before that post, there was warnings about anti-LGBT posts in the channel as it was. As well as while it seemed innocent enough, it wasn't to spark a political debate, it was posted during a time where a lot of anti-LGBT memes were flying about as it was. I'm going to speak with the admin team about this as I'm not taking action without a proper vote.
grinkgo
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Grinkgo

Re: [DISCORD] Nixon

Post by grinkgo » #564437

I have gone ahead and lifted the discord ban. The way the situation was handled was not ideal, however I'd ask you do well to avoid similar circumstances happening in the future.