Byond Username: Dagnabit

Dagnabit ban appeal

Post by Commando » #568203

Discord Username? Commando#6297
BYOND account?Dagnabit5
Character name? Leif Woollard
Ban type? Job banned from queen and all command roles
Ban length?No clue how long I was banned for
Ban reason?I was job banned from all command roles due to dropping as Captain.
Time ban was placed? 7/3/2020 at around 7pm
Your side of the story? I dropped as captain with b18 armor on to help the marines finish off the xenos, thought it would be no big deal as I had seen other captains do it plenty of times and I myself had done it plenty of times. Probably didn't help as I drunkenly shit talked the admin(hathkarr) over OOC for all to see.
Why you think you should be unbanned? Been playing on this server for around 2 years. Dropped as captain many times and didn't see the problem with it. If I get unjobanned I will never do it again or act as immaturely as I did this time. If Not, thanks for your time in reading this appeal and sorry for any problems I caused on the server.
Played on this server for 2 years without any bans, and any notes I got, I never did the same thing I got noted for. Sorry for the poor grammar in this appeal.
JPR
Byond Username: Jroinc1

Re: Dagnabit ban appeal

Post by JPR » #568205

Go try to log in, read the paragraph-long note that I'm gonna copy here so you don't have to, and add one sentence to your appeal. Shit happens, I get it, and you can be angry. But 2 pages of logs shit-talking someone for something is a bit much.

I'll ping Hathkar so he can decide what to do with his jobban.

ADMIN LOG: Jroinc1/(Jroinc1) (?) (JMP) (FLW) has created a temporary 14 days server ban for XXXX.
Reason: So, you fucked up. You\'re banned for TWO WEEKS from command roles due to uncertain reasons, then you got a 2 week server ban because I saw that you shit-talked the banning admin for multiple pages of text. We\'re usually rather reasonable here. Here\'s what I\'d like you to do. Go make an appeal the next time you log on. Apologize to Hathkar for getting pissed off at him and I will 100% lift the server ban the instant I see it. Additionally, if you recognize what you did wrong in the appeal, we don\'t need the 2-week command role. Shit happens, we\'re human, we recognize that. Otherwise, sit out a 2-week ban, or just don\'t come back. You aren\'t required to play here (and if you aren\'t having fun, you should do something more fun with your free time). Anyway, paragraph done, go spend ONE minute writing an apology so I can unban you, and like 5 more minutes writing an appeal so Hathkar can unban you.
Commando

Post by Commando » #568206

i apologized to hathkarr personally over discord if you could tell him to take a look. im real sorry tgmc bros, from the bottom of my heart.
JPR

Post by JPR » #568207

I have received word from Hathkar that you PM'd him an apology (before I posted that, which is a good thing).

I'll be lifting the server ban effective in like 5 minutes

Hathkar will make a judgement on the duration of the 2-week command ban, as that's his. I believe he'll lower it at a minimum.
Commando

Post by Commando » #568208

tell him I said thank you! and thank you too JPR i know I fucked up and probably deserve a perma.
JPR

Post by JPR » #568209

Nah, we're all human.

That's what the appeals section is for. We don't need to hammer people for making a mistake if it's a mistake that they learn from.

Also, we aren't infallible. Shit happens too and admemes can whack you with shit that you think you don't deserve (and you might not). That's also what this section's for. I can't promise you'll always get your way, but as long as you're reasonable about things and show that you learned/won't do it again/didn't do it in the first place, it'll normally get better.

I got like 3 appeals in the last 2 weeks, and the 2 who explained shit got unbanned eventually.
Commando

Post by Commando » #568210

Thanks a lot jpr, and could you please send me a discord link, I promise I wont act like a drunken asshole in there again.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #568996

locking and moving this because bots
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]