Post by Space Panda » #575869

BYOND account:
Character name:
Admin in question: terranaut
When did it take place: Wed Sep 09, 2020 09:50 pm
Round ID:
Evidence:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread [Goof's complaint]
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 40#p575740 [the post Goof was complaining about]
General Admin Guidelines wrote:2. Maintain professional conduct both in game and outside of the game in public places. It is expected that you take the position seriously. This doesn't mean you can't talk casually to the playerbase or with your friends or shitpost in appropriate channels, but remain professional on the forums, as well as on other Space Station 13 communities when speaking publicly and representing our community.
While I do agree that Goof's complaint was quite exaggerated, he had a legitimate reason for his complaint. But instead of trying to reason with him, Terranaut just mocked him and closed the thread, while ignoring all the peanut posting being done.

Yes, Goof was unnecessarily hostile with his answer in a harmless policy discussion.
iamgoofball wrote:
carshalash wrote:
Timberpoes wrote:snip
Make shells for the AI, have a posibrain or two on the floor, have fucking back up robot endoskeletons ready in case some shit goes down.

Don't just fucking aug yourself, get a gygax and decide your job is done. People turning robotics into fucking xenobio 2.0 is dumb
I don't owe you shit. What if I don't like the AI? Why would I make more AI slaves or give the AI a shell?

We have a fully functional medbay you can use to revive people with, and if that isn't available, you can go to Botany, and if that isn't available, Secret Monkey Technique. if I wanna build gigantic stompy mecha robots, that's my job and I can do that.

But directly insulting him certainly isn't the right thing to do, specially when Saprasam is an admin. Professonial conduct is expected in and out of the game. Goof should've been given a warning for his poor behaviour instead.
saprasam wrote:
iamgoofball wrote: I don't owe you shit. What if I don't like the AI? Why would I make more AI slaves or give the AI a shell?

We have a fully functional medbay you can use to revive people with, and if that isn't available, you can go to Botany, and if that isn't available, Secret Monkey Technique. if I wanna build gigantic stompy mecha robots, that's my job and I can do that.
take your meds schizo
Goof overreacted and said quite a few goofy things in his complaint, but he had a reason to complain. Mocking him and dismissing his complaint is unhelpful and serves only to further anger him. He will not change his behaviour because of that response, and situations like this are likely to keep occurring.

I am not saying that you should be asking Goof for forgiveness, but I believe you should be handling complaints with more care. Sometimes you'll come across complainers that are oversensitive and act irrational, and being dismissive towards them will at best change nothing, and in the worst case scenario will make you lose a player. And being unprofessional in a complaint about admin professionalism only makes you look bad.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: [terranaut] Unprofessional conduct when dealing with a complaint

Post by terranaut » #575871

Hi. I'm going to try and keep this short. If it were any other person than goof, I most likely wouldn't have lolposted and closed the thread. Goof however has a years-long personal history with this project doing the exact same things over and over again and quite frankly I don't think he's worth the energy to engage which is why I usually just ignore him. No amount of talking to him will get him to significantly change his behavior as anybody who knows him will attest.
You're right insofar that, regardless of that, I shouldn't have mocked him as that reflects poorly on me/TGMC.
As I can't really take actions on myself I'll refer the thread to AIIA and await their decision.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #575873

eh, complaint resolved.

I didn't really expect to get anything to happen to you by doing this. I should've just sent you a private message about this instead, sorry. And thanks for listening.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #575874

Don't be sorry, this place exists to get listened to and you made me re-think my approach in that. Thanks for reaching out.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

AIIA
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: AIIA

Post by AIIA » #575880

terranaut wrote:Hi. I'm going to try and keep this short. If it were any other person than goof, I most likely wouldn't have lolposted and closed the thread. Goof however has a years-long personal history with this project doing the exact same things over and over again and quite frankly I don't think he's worth the energy to engage which is why I usually just ignore him. No amount of talking to him will get him to significantly change his behavior as anybody who knows him will attest.
You're right insofar that, regardless of that, I shouldn't have mocked him as that reflects poorly on me/TGMC.
As I can't really take actions on myself I'll refer the thread to AIIA and await their decision.
Cool that this was resolved so quickly and before I could offer my input. As mentioned in the bold text above, Goof is a special character in the community, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he was mocked officially by the TGMC staff. Most of what I could say can be surmised in Terranaut's post.

I'll be closing this in the next hour or whenever I remember, in the event you wish to reply above something else pertaining the complaint.
Last edited by AIIA on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: local moth misspells headmin's name