[Admin Complaint] [Hathkar] <Tbanner>

Post by Tbanner » #578838

BYOND account: <Tbanner.>
Character name: <N/A.>
Admin in question: <N/A.>
When did it take place: <10/10/2020 6:30 PM.>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <N/A.>
Evidence: <Logs should be easily retrievable since it just happened.>
Your side of the story: <Hathkar banned me for wanting to play the best game mode (Crash) I called a vote for crash in the previous rounds after they ended, and Hathkar Ended or otherwise changed the game mode to the worst game mode (distress signal) I started a vote in the middle of the round in hopes of the (best) game mode, (crash) would be voted Hathkar then banned me on the spot without warning for "spamming votes" when I only started the completely necessary votes once a round tops, my recommended punishment is that Hathkar be forced to test every new feature added to crash for a month, and the note of the ban removed thank you.>
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Re: [Admin Complaint] [Hathkar] <Tbanner>

Post by Hathkar » #579053

People were spamming game mode votes for a few rounds, you were among one of them. I kicked a few people spamming the votes, you included. When you reconnected and resumed spamming votes, I bumped it up to a temp ban since you weren't getting the message.

[2020-10-10 22:37:47.987] VOTE: Gamemode vote started by Tbanner.
[2020-10-10 22:53:52.860] ADMINPRIVATE: Hathkar/(Lana Kusami) kicked Tbanner[DC]/(William Donkin).
[2020-10-11 01:19:54.997] VOTE: Gamemode vote started by Tbanner.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: [Admin Complaint] [Hathkar] <Tbanner>

Post by terranaut » #579064

Admins can control the game mode at their discretion if they believe it is for the better of the ongoing round(s) or to test a specific feature. With 50+ players (as was the case at the time) it's reasonable to say that Crash is not the fitting game mode - regardless of that holding a vote is fine to see if players want to play it anyway. If that vote fails to pass you shouldn't spam them in hopes of getting it pushed through due to people not paying attention or getting tired of voting or whatever. You were kicked before the temp ban which is a good enough warning in my eyes, so I feel there is nothing to uphold here.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]