Lewdcifer
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Lewdcifer

[COMPLAINT] [Hathkar] Lewdcifer

Post by Lewdcifer » #579353

BYOND account: Lewdcifer
Character name: Alice Smith
Admin in question: Hathkar
When did it take place: Somewhere between 1:30 AM UTC and 2:05 AM UTC.
Round ID in which ban was placed: I wasn't banned, but the Round ID pertaining the situation is 5549.
Evidence: Spoilered due to multiple content.
Spoiler:
The admin's character over comms.

The admin's response over dchat.

The admin possibly attributing me a medal for what was an accident.
Your side of the story: During an ongoing round, the admin in question was in-game. We were both inside the FoB, holding the line due to xenomorphs pushing. In an attempt to shoot the xenomorphs pushing, I accidentally ended up shooting the admin with a T-127 bolt action rifle multiple times, as they were standing on the cades and attempting to weld them. In this manner, the admin died due to these shots; what followed was a series of actions from them which were quite frankly not so warranted, save for a couple of them:
  • They sent me a 'voice in my head', as depicted by the game, mentioning "Thanks for all the FF". I did not manage to catch that part of the issue by round end for the purposes of evidence, as my logs were filled with other things, but hopefully it can be retrieved by other admins from logs. I sent an in-game prayer in kind, apologizing for the friendly fire.
  • They sent me an Admin PM, asking me to be more careful with my friendly fire because I killed someone, not mentioning that someone was them. I apologized once more. Just like the above occurrence, I did not manage to catch that for the purposes of evidence.
  • They brought it up again in-game, though that one was fine and admittedly warranted.
  • They followed up by sending the logs of the friendly fire shots over dchat after my character died. I apologized once again for the third time.
  • I am heavily unsure on this one, and I have no concrete way of confirming it, so I'm hoping the logs can show this one. At some point during the game, while I was sitting around as a ghost, my dream seeker instance of TGMC started playing a rather loud and obnoxious tune. I confirmed this by playing around with the Volume Mixer, silencing each app until I found the culprit. Being a ghost, I'm sure it wasn't a hallucination, and I'm likewise sure it wasn't a server-wide thing given that there were no OOC reactions at the time. I figured it might have been the same admin given the previous events, so I chalked it up as that.
  • At round end, the admin might have attributed me a medal due to the friendly fire. I'm not sure if it was them or actually someone from Command. Yet again hoping that the logs show that.
I am not trying to say that the warnings were unwarranted -- I am fully willing to admit the fault since I did the friendly fire, even if accidentally. What doesn't seem correct/warranted to me, however, is the admin's persistent and questionable behavior in regards to the event, especially after I verbally apologized to them thrice.

P.S.: Apologies if the evidence is somewhat lacking. It's my first time filing a complaint, so I'm not too sure of how to do it properly, nor was I prepared to do one.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: [COMPLAINT] [Hathkar] Lewdcifer

Post by terranaut » #579376

Hi,
I'm going to confirm/deny as many of your claims at the bottom as possible for sake of documentation before getting Hathkar to post their side and then seeing about any kind of decision.
Those won't be in any specific order.

Sounds:

Code: Select all

[2020-10-17 01:55:45.166] ADMIN: Hathkar/(Lana Kusami) played sound 'Escape_Zebes_ZM_Reg.mid' for 44 player(s). 17 player(s) have disabled admin midis.
[2020-10-17 02:00:55.031] ADMIN: Hathkar/(Lana Kusami) played sound 'sound/voice/4_xeno_roars.ogg' for 49 player(s). 16 player(s) have disabled admin midis.
All instances of 'played sound' found in game.log of that round.

Admin-PM:

[2020-10-17 01:42:20.729] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Hathkar/(Lana Kusami)->Lewdcifer/(Alice Smith): Please be more careful with your sniper FF. You shot someone five times.
[2020-10-17 01:42:42.422] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Lewdcifer/(Alice Smith)->Hathkar/(Lana Kusami): Like I told you, not intentional. I will try to be more careful next time.
That seems to be all ticket-communication involving you for that round.

Voice in your head:

[2020-10-17 01:37:46.506] ADMIN: SubtleMessage: Hathkar/(Lana Kusami) to Lewdcifer/(Alice Smith): Thanks for all the FF.
I can't find the prayer, but I'm unsure if they're logged / if they're logged in game.log

The medal:

[2020-10-17 01:50:24.478] GAME: Hathkar/(Lana Kusami) awarded a bronze heart medal to Alice Smith for: 'Killed multiple marines with a sniper rifle.'.
You've provided your own evidence for the ingame/deadchat stuff so I won't bother with logdiving for those.

As mentioned I'll give Hathkar a chance to post first before anything further from me.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #579418

I'll try and keep my response short and simple.

[2020-10-17 01:55:45.166] ADMIN: Hathkar/(Lana Kusami) played sound 'Escape_Zebes_ZM_Reg.mid' for 44 player(s). 17 player(s) have disabled admin midis.
[2020-10-17 02:00:55.031] ADMIN: Hathkar/(Lana Kusami) played sound 'sound/voice/4_xeno_roars.ogg' for 49 player(s). 16 player(s) have disabled admin midis.
Was for the xenos finishing up the last group of survivors; totally unrelated. As for the volume of said sounds, they're not particularly loud on my end, and I apologize if they were too loud.

As for the rest, you are correct, I did go too far by awarding the medal and sending the subtle message.

Ideally I'd have had Fauxveil handle the whole situation as an impartial observer.

I recognize I went too far with my salt by using some of my admin tools when I should have been impartial. I'd like to apologize for continuing to hound you about it after your apology. In the future, I'll take a step back and distance myself from any IC actions that occur, and have someone else look into it.
Lewdcifer
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Lewdcifer

Post by Lewdcifer » #579425

Hathkar wrote:Was for the xenos finishing up the last group of survivors; totally unrelated. As for the volume of said sounds, they're not particularly loud on my end, and I apologize if they were too loud.
It's fine. I thought it might have been something you did specifically towards myself, which is solely why I bothered including it in the post. But if it wasn't, then it's irrelevant.
Hathkar wrote:I recognize I went too far with my salt by using some of my admin tools when I should have been impartial. I'd like to apologize for continuing to hound you about it after your apology. In the future, I'll take a step back and distance myself from any IC actions that occur, and have someone else look into it.
No problem. Thank you for apologizing, and for your compromise. I suppose that concludes/resolves the complaint(?).
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #579430

Happy to resolve it like this then.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]