[Hathkar] Jeffr0 - Missunderstanding

Jeffro2k3
Byond Username: Jeffro2k3

[Hathkar] Jeffr0 - Missunderstanding

Post by Jeffro2k3 » #579490

BYOND account: Jeffr0
Character name: Jeff Trackhus (Not 100% sure)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Filled the Alamo with fuel puddles, which lead to the death of multiple marines. Disconnected after being PM'd about it.
Time ban was placed: 19:24:15
Server you were playing on when banned: TerraGov Marine Corps
Round ID in which ban was placed: 4727
My side of the story: I was playing as a PO (I was new at the job, I don't think I have more than 15 missions as a PO). I have heard marines talking about xenos getting very close to the FOB and about a possible hijack. I tried to contact the command but nobody responded and the informations were unclear. I have managed to buy some time for the marines before by tossing (going from LZ1 to LZ2 and vice-versa) the Alamo by myself and filling it with fuel. My plan was that when aliens would prey the cockpit I would try to close the doors and drop a flame grenade on the floor. This is what I had in mind too when I filled the ship with fuel. When I arrived at the FOB I found out that nobody was retreating even if the xenos were almost flanking us from the right side. One of the xenos attacked one of my CAS modules and I went out to fight him. I had a shotgun and I was sure I could kill it. I managed to lower his health but one of his hits broke a part of my body and I fell. From now on, I am not sure what happened but I saw the fuel starting to burn right before I died and I am sure I didn't set it on fire (because I was dying). I considered myself unrevivable and I left. I didn't know that an admin would ban me because of this.
Why I think I should be unbanned: I like the TGMC community. I feel good and useful helping marines (as a medic), role-playing with other players and piloting Alamo while I CAS aliens and make jokes with the squad commanders. I understand that I might not be able to play as a PO again or play TGMC ever again but it is my favorite server and I enjoy playing on it a lot.
References of good conduct: I used to play as a medic on other servers (I can't recall their names but I am sure the servers weren't related to /tg/), I played PO before on TGMC and managed to hold back around 10 xenos from hijacking the ship with three other marines.
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Re: [Hathkar] Jeffr0 - Missunderstanding

Post by Hathkar » #579554

Hi, thanks for appealing. I placed the ban because I assumed the worst after you disconnected.
Part of the issue was that at the time, fuel puddle logging wasn't implemented, so I was going on incomplete information, and coupled with the fact you disconnected afterwards.

Anyway, appeal accepted, ban removed. I hope you enjoy your time back on the server.