[COMPLAINT] [JeanManche] Knuffles

Post by Knuffles » #582066

BYOND account: Knuffles
Character name: Theodore 'Tio' Brown
Admin in question: JeanManche
When did it take place: 15:34 UTC
Round ID in which note was placed: 0
Evidence: Use logs, Since I didn't manage to get SS
Your side of the story: I was roundstart CMO on the Sulaco, and decided to go edit medbay in order to streamline the process to treating patients and keeping the marines healthy. This included destroying the main medbay doors, and changing the access perms on the outside medbay vendors. While I was setting up medbay to make it as easy as possible to treat marines, (which is often something you have to do in order to be effective as the sole person in medbay, (which I thought I was at the time.)) a medic asked me if he could make his own chems. I said sure, ran over to where I put the access changing tools, told the medic to grab them. and grabbed a shotgun to destroy the door.

at some point while we were walking to, or from the chemlab, the admin, playing as Mark 'Echo' Kesserline, walked into the chem lab, without saying a word to me, (the CMO) or the medic. I come back to him in the chemlab doing.. something? And start destroying the door with the shotgun, while the medic hits the door with his bootknife. After a bit, (30ish seconds) he turns, and asleeps both me and the medic. He then tries to say that the CMO destroying the medbay door is LRP, despite never even being there to witness any RP that would be done to destroy the door. and without acknowledging that I was the CMO modding my own medbay. not just that, however, as he lectures me to hack the door and crowbar it, or remove windows, which would be functionally the same as just.. busting the door down. he notes me, and the medic, and leaves. Even more funny is that after finding that he can't leave through the now closed medbay door, his character just, hops through the medbay window and walks away, NEVER having any IC justification for being in the chemlab, or even any interaction with my character at all.

I'm pretty sure this is a violation of Rule 3 and Rule 7

Sidenote: if this is resolved in my favor, I'd like the note removed from both me and the medic. I believe his Ckey is ReinhardtLohengram
JeanManche
Byond Username: JeanManche

Re: [COMPLAINT] [<JeanManche>] <Knuffles>

Post by JeanManche » #582069

To explain it on my side :

While playing, I often deal with issues when I can by aghosting (shipside or for really emergencies such as game breaking issues for players and such).

As a player : I first noticed the main medbay door destroyed with shotgun. As I couldn't catch the responsible for it red handed, I decide to let it slide. Then, I see the medic and the CMO discussing near the chemlab (the medic is in the airlock, keeping it open), which I usually use at roundstart to prepare some iron sugar.

The medic forgot his tools to hack the medvendor (probably using the bottles to prepare chems) and leave the small room. I enter the chemlab and start preparing my iron sugar. Then, the two lads arrive, notice the door closed (automatically).
Then, they proceed to shoot it, CMO with his shotgun, and the medic attempting to destroy it with their knife.

I told you to stop LOOCly, then, as you keep on doing it. I aslept you both, transfered my consciousness from my mortal being to the one of a strong and perfect spatial agent, to explain you the situation to you.

Here are the logs :
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

AS A PLAYER LOOC: JeanManche/(Mark 'Echo' Kesserline) "Stop."
LOOC: JeanManche/(Mark 'Echo' Kesserline) "Like, seriously."
ADMIN: JeanManche/(Mark 'Echo' Kesserline) has enabled sleeping on (Donnie Moriarty)
ADMIN: JeanManche/(Mark 'Echo' Kesserline) has enabled sleeping on (Theodore 'Tio' Brown)
ADMIN: JeanManche/(Mark 'Echo' Kesserline) admin ghosted at Sulaco Medbay West
ADMIN: JeanManche/(Mark 'Echo' Kesserline) became a spatial agent.

Then, as an admin:
LOOC: (Theodore 'Tio' Brown) "what is this for"
LOOC: JeanManche/(Mark 'Echo' Kesserline) "Just hack doors, or remove windows using a screwdriver and a fucking  crowbar."
LOOC: (Theodore 'Tio' Brown) "Honestly just more fun to blow it up"
LOOC: (Theodore 'Tio' Brown) "but w/e"
LOOC: JeanManche/(Mark 'Echo' Kesserline) "This is a MRP server."
LOOC: (Donnie Moriarty) "or just destroy the door because its cleaner and less hassle "
LOOC: (Donnie Moriarty) "bro"
LOOC: (Donnie Moriarty) "the MRP excuse didn't work a year ago"
LOOC: (Theodore 'Tio' Brown) "this is a terrible time to say this is an MRP server"
LOOC: (Donnie Moriarty) "just randomly decided when to enforce that and when not to is retarded"
LOOC: JeanManche/(Mark 'Echo' Kesserline) "Understood, you earn both a warning."
LOOC: (Theodore 'Tio' Brown) "I can RP this easy as hell, are you kidding man"
LOOC: (Donnie Moriarty) "yeah understood, I hope you enjoyed your powertrip"
... The rest is them keeping complaining about LRP and CMO not being able to do what they want with Medbay
Then, I remove the asleep. I note them. I remove myself from spatial agent and return to my body.

As I was trapped in chemlab (I got my way in with the already opened door), I just get the crowbar and screwdriver I had in my backpack, and proceeded to remove the window with the screwdriver and the crowbar, doing it cleanly. Showing them how to not having how to destroy anything on the ship. Then, climbed the window and left the room, to finish gearing up so as to deploy and play.

On my part, I could have taken more time to explain things to you, but the kind of excuse "This is not a MRP server, this is a LRP server" only implies that you are not trying to understand the situation, just justifying that you would like to do anything you want without any limits. Thus, negotiating with you or further explainations would have just been kinda pointless.
Knuffles
Byond Username: Knuffles

Re: [COMPLAINT] [JeanManche] Knuffles

Post by Knuffles » #582071

My mistake. I didn't see the first two LOOC remarks, on me. But I was both using my authority as the CMO to edit my department of the ship, as well as the fact that there is NO rule both IC, and OOC that says I can't do just that.
JeanManche
Byond Username: JeanManche

Post by JeanManche » #582072

As I totally agree with the CMO outfitting their medbay as they wish, I can't abide by the shotgunning doors.

You could use any legit tool at your disposal to hack open doors, or even cleanly remove walls with a plasma cutter, or even ask a synth/ST/captain do it for you (if they would want to do it).
Knuffles
Byond Username: Knuffles

Post by Knuffles » #582073

That may be the case, but that is your MO. Just as you can say that a shotgun isn't a valid way of permanently opening the doors, another admin can say that hacking the doors is completely unacceptable, However, the rules (according to the wiki) say that I don't have a problem doing just that, and infact, under rule 5 precedents, implicitly allows me to do just that.

namely, precedents
2. Ranks with IC authority have the duty to make sure the departments under their purview are properly running. For Synths and Queens that means the whole operation. For Captains the whole ship. For Field Commanders the whole ground operation.
and
3. All Command and leadership roles require an active commitment to the success of the mission, closely following the chain of command

My use of a shotgun as a tool shouldn't have netted me a note. and claiming that I defied you when you said it in LOOC couldn't be a notable reason either, as you were using an in-game name, and I had no idea that you were staff. As for being a hypocrite, you still got me for LRP when you just walked past me, into medbay, did what you wanted, and left.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #582087

Hi, since you've both said your piece I'm going to resolve this.
This is what it boils down to:
Yes, as CMO you're within your rights to restructure your department and that includes making areas more general-accessible.
What you're wrong about is this:
Knuffles wrote: My use of a shotgun as a tool shouldn't have netted me a note.
Yes, it should, and I'm going to edit your note to reflect specifically the use of the shotgun to break the door, and not breaking the door in general. This situation is context sensitive, of course, and in this case it is LRP to just shoot the door down for no reason other than making it all-access. It'd be different if xenos were hijacking and time was precious, but as I understand this was at the start of the round and not late in the round with a pending hijack, so, yes, the CMO just walking up to a door and blasting it into shreds is definitely low RP behavior. Sure, it is functionally the same as dismantling it, but since we're an MRP server we're trying to keep a certain level of immersion, so the approach matters.

I've also spoken to JeanManche because I agree with you that he could've handled the situation better as far as the seperation of IC and OOC from himself goes.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]