Voloxus
Byond Username: Voloxus

[Permaban] [<Grinkgo>] <Oleg Velkov>

Post by Voloxus » #593296

BYOND account: <Voloxus>
Character name: <Oleg Velkov>
Ban type: <Server Ban>
Ban length: <Permanent>
Ban reason: <Former admin candidate who during their cadidacy spammed the n-word on CMSS13 forums, discord, and OOC.>
Time ban was placed: <2020-08-07 03:42:23>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <4601>
Your side of the story: <I was banned from the CMSS13 server because I was blamed for something I didn't do by a staff member, and I realized by that point in time there was really no point in being there anymore so me being "smart" decided to spam the n-word in their discord server, and forums. Roughly about a few days later I suppose CMSS13 staff did digging on me and found out I was a staff candidate in the TGMC server, and told TGMC staff what happened. I got my admin removed, which honestly I was okay with. But then I was permanently banned. I was banned for something I did somewhere else, not because I broke any of the TGMC server rules. And I peered over every inch of the rulebook for TGMC, I broke no rules in TGMC while I was here. There was one time where I got really mad at someone, but it was de-escalated. Other than that, I never broke a single rule of the TGMC server. I only broke rules in the CMSS13 Server. Not here. Also, this happened more than half a year ago, however, I shouldn't have done what I did in CMSS13's server and forum page. It was an idiotic thing to do.>
Why you think you should be unbanned: <I believe in my heart that I am not a bad person. Throughout my stay in TGMC I loved every second of being here. The memes, the laughs, the good rounds. All of it. If given a chance to come back, I would make it so nothing like this would happen ever again. I've gone through a lot in the past half year, and I feel that I've had time to reflect on my actions. Despite being in a completely different server, if there was no point in being there anymore I shouldn't have spammed racist slurs in their server and forum page. It was absolutely childish. If I had the chance to talk to them, I would give them a sincere apology. Regardless if they would let me back or not, I shouldn't have acted in that way.>
grinkgo
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Grinkgo

Re: [Permaban] [<Grinkgo>] <Oleg Velkov>

Post by grinkgo » #593503

I'm pretty sure spamming the n-word is something that is universally regarded as a bad thing to do, regardless of what server you're on, so I'm not really keen on this argument you're making about "um actually it's not in the rules." Even so, rule 1 explicitly says that racism and hate speech isn't allowed, and I don't particularly care from which server it was done. You did this in a public forum; that's justification enough for me to warrant a ban. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, you were an admin candidate at the time of this incident, which means you serve as a representative of our staff, so this incident isn't entirely separated from our server. Your poor behavior reflects poorly on us, and that is the primary reason why this whole incident peeved me in the first place.

My mind is pretty much set on denying this ban, however if you can provide a vouch from another server that can give you good kudos I will certainly take that into consideration.
grinkgo
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Grinkgo

Re: [Permaban] [<Grinkgo>] <Oleg Velkov>

Post by grinkgo » #594790

Due to inactivity/inability to provide a vouch, I will proceed with my original judgement. This appeal is denied