[Note] [<JeanManche>] <Bobmancer343>

bobmancer343
Byond Username: Bobmancer343

[Note] [<JeanManche>] <Bobmancer343>

Post by bobmancer343 » #594429

BYOND account: <Bobmancer343>
Character name: <Bob “Mad dog” Lauffer>
The note itself: <Copy this from the server. View your notes with "Shot on purpose another player with disabler bolts, for no reason than having fun, shipside, as a ST. Similar issues in the past cause a 60 minute ban. Take this time to read the rules and think carefully about what you are doing. Measures will escalate if you rule break again.>
Time note was placed: <15:25:49>
Round ID in which note was placed: <No round ID.>
Your side of the story: <I went ST and just dicked around for a bit before I got a lasgun and some mags and set it to disabler mode. After walking out of prep with the gun, I shot a few marines walking past for a joke. I shot Jean’s character, Mark ‘Echo’ [Last name I dont remember] and he asleeped me.>
Why do you think it should be removed/reworded: <I personally find it that this ban was unjustified because disabler bolts are harmless rounds that only do stam damage, unlike the taser. It’s fun and it never hurt anyone to re-enact laser tag. I think the ban and the note is ridiculous but I can handle the ban, just not the note.>
JeanManche
Byond Username: JeanManche

Re: [Note] [<JeanManche>] <Bobmancer343>

Post by JeanManche » #594495

The only thing I am not comfortable with, in this case, is that I was the player victim. And as admin, I shouldn't handle my own tickets.
Though, in such matter were you are caught red handed, with your notes history and as other admins were playing, it was just a checking boxes case.

I have a zero tolerance policy of "It's just a prank bro" and "It's fun lol" when it's someone just being a dick. I can accept two friends brawling, or doing some silly things because they are friends. But you and me are not friends, I barely know you. So, having you emptying your disabler mag, while I am FC and trying to rearm and return groundside to help the frontline was only fun for you and definetely not for me.

It would have been any other player instead of me as a victim, and they would have ahelped, I would have banned you 60 minutes still due to your note history and you being previously warned for similar issues.
SpaceLove
Byond Username: SpaceLove

Post by SpaceLove » #594498

New Note:- Killed the CL with disabler bolts as a ST randomly. They did not know Stamina damage causes one to die. Another MRP rule break and Escalation against same faction. This is the last warning.

Although he did not know about disabler shots being able to kill someone, he did use the gun as a ST once again for fun, breaking MRP. And he did it despite the warning/ban that was given to him by jean. He said, "I felt that Jean was overreacting to me shooting people with a lasgun because he never mentioned the fact that it could harm people. ". He disregarded the admin ruling and acted on his own even if he did not know disabler bolts can kill one. All while this appeal was open.

Edit: Typos.
Lewdcifer
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Lewdcifer

Post by Lewdcifer » #594583

Enough time was given for the relevant members of this thread to discuss the appeal proper. I will be closing this.