Trevorious
Byond Username: Trevoriousdafox

Ban [MereWalker] [Trevorious]

Post by Trevorious » #595046

Trevorious

Ellie Weaver

Role ban
2 days

Banned from Roles: Squad Corpsman, Squad Engineer for 2 days - Keeps joining in roundstart as a limited role such as medic and engineer, instead of playing as the role or cryoing to give the role back to those who may play as one, they stay in the cryo tube and dont ghost ive seen this too many times, if it was as marine i would not care, but you have done this too much with a very limited role. Play the role or cryo and ghost.

2021-03-09 17:55:02

I joined in to the round but it was almost over. I had some things to do around my house and command was telling everyone to get to CIC. So I just got back in the cryopod and AFK'd.
I've done this before and was not aware it was an issue. I've also seen other players do this.
I was not spoken to about this or told to stop even once before getting role banned. I wasn't even informed by the admin they had applied a ban to me.
They only spoke to me after the fact in the discord help channel about the matter.

I realize and understand the rule I broke, but at that time, I had not realized I was even breaking one. I wish the admin had spoken to me and warned me to stop before punishment was applied. I feel it's unfair I was punished without being spoken to or warned even once. I really enjoy playing medic and my intent was never to steal any slots from anyone or harm anything.
MereWalker
Byond Username: MereWalker

Re: Ban [MereWalker] [Trevorious]

Post by MereWalker » #595051

Hello, thank you for appealing for this ban. I would like to point out that you are correct I did not message you when I filled out this role ban. I had assumed you were AFK and thought a message would not be returned. I also assumed that you being a regular player would understand our rules and check your notes once in a while to help avoid these actions. This being said about notes and rules, the rule that you broke was main rule five. Players in authority or limited roles require a minimum amount of effort and are held to higher standards.
The higher the rank, the higher the responsibility over the operation and need to follow the chain of command. If you cannot play these roles and must leave use the hypersleep machine if human or just find a secure location and ghost as xeno, to free up the job slot, and make an attempt to inform other players ICly. If you for some reason can't make it, either ahelp or ping an administrator on Discord. Check the precedents or special sections for specifics on each role. As for your note's I gave you two notes before this role ban for two days. This note was placed four days ago. (2021-03-05 05:49:37 MereWalker Cryo'ed as medic at round start but didn't leave therefore taking up a slot.) And this note from earlier today (2021-03-09 13:56:30 MereWalker Keeps cryoing roundstart as limited roles such as medics and engineers, and instead of ghosting they cryo and then dont leave the game via ghost. Stop filling up roles if you dont plan to play.) With these two notes I thought you would have read them and stop doing this but I see now that players don't read notes. I will now reach out in PM's and Discord DM's next time just for you so you are aware of these things. I just want to say at the start of every new round one of the sentences says "Make sure you read the rules! Ignorance is not an excuse to break our rules!" I highly suggest you reread the rules and if you haven't yet then please read our rules. Doing so helps avoid these things. If you require more information I can spend time looking into the logs and show all instances of this if you so desire, this will take some time if you want me to do so. Please take your time I am waiting happily for your reply.
Trevorious
Byond Username: Trevoriousdafox

Post by Trevorious » #595058

No I did not realize you had left any notes on my account, I do not regularly check my notes because I don't normally get any without being informed. I know there is a rule in the admin guidelines about banning someone without informing them first and while I can see why you might not have tried to you still didn't once try to. Take that how you will. I'm tired of constantly getting in trouble over petty and silly things. Had you spoken to me personally about this even once the whole thing could have been avoided. I wont be doing it anymore. I would like to be able to play medic again, now understanding the issue and having talked to you properly.
Thanks for your time.
Lewdcifer
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Lewdcifer

Post by Lewdcifer » #595267

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to appeal this role ban.

I will go ahead and say that MereWalker should have contacted you before actually issuing the role ban, but I assume he understands this and that he won't repeat the same mistake again.
I also understand that you weren't properly told about the notes you had been given in regards to AFKing as roles, and that's also not okay, but MereWalker already knows what to do next time.

As he's already mentioned, ignorance is not an excuse to break our rules. Players are expected to get familiar with the rules and to understand them.
A two day ban is fine (probably already expired by the time of this post), especially given you weren't previously aware of your notes.