BYOND account: GradusNL
Character name: Dimitar Yehia
Ban type:
Ban length: See image
Ban reason: See image
Time ban was placed: See image
Round ID in which ban was placed: See image
Your side of the story:
I was doing surgery on the Alamo as MO. I brought a marine which I couldn't fix to the medbay and when I returned the Alamo had left. I then decided to use a droppod to return to the LZ get to work.
I thought LZ2 was the LZ being used, but it turned out that was the wrong LZ. At that point I decided to try and get back to LZ1, but I got caught by xeno's on the way back. I had brought a suicide vest with me, as I was expecting to only fight when the Alamo got overrun by xeno's. A suicide vest seems like a good option at that point of the game. When I saw that multiple xeno's surrounded me I detonated the vest in an attempt to get a kill, which I didn't even succeed at.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
I believe this ban is unfair. This ban assumes based on my notes that I intentionally droppodded behind the xenos and then suicide bombed them. I didn't, it was a mistake. I was confused about which LZ was in use, as dumb as that might be. I don't believe having a suicide vest as an MO is LRP either, since the only way I would fight was when the Alamo got overrun and death was certain. I'm expecting the response to this appeal to be "it's three days, wait it out". I don't accept that as a reasonable response. As clearly shown in this ban, my notes are being taken into account to make punishment decisions. This ban is unfair, so I want it removed from my notes.
I very much don't appreciate that you waited for me to log out to ban me. Why didn't you contact me after this happened? I didn't log out immediately after dying. Also, this ban implies that suicide vests are LRP because you suicide using them, what? Why is it an item in the req vendor then? Or do you specifically mean it's LRP for an MO to do it? I'm not aware of certain roles being banned from using them, is this another one of those silent arbitrary rules? And yes, I am being unapologetic. I believe I have nothing to apologize for.
References of good conduct:
No outside references for the duration of this ban, but you can see that I have a lot of playtime since my previous notes without incident.
Lewdcifer
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Lewdcifer

Re: [BAN] [Lewdcifer] GradusNL

Post by Lewdcifer » #601592

Sorry for the late response.

It wasn't the first time you had done this -- you had a three day ban for various roles because you had suicided as a Requisitions Officer. This three day ban was merely an escalation to that; you droppodded relatively far from the FOB, got found by xenos, and thusly decimated. You had tools like the webmap, and you could've asked others for coords, but instead you just went to that specific place and died. When people in general suicide as a shipside role or an important role, then disconnect, it's not uncommon to apply a ban so as to get them to appeal and explain their behavior.

I'm not going to remove the note from your record, but I can reduce its severity. If I had gotten to this earlier (my bad, you can blame that on me) I'd probably have lifted the ban too.
Just don't do this sort of thing again.

Have a good one.