[Jronic1] Blatant Abuse of Power

Post by probablyalice » #604322

BYOND account: ProbablyAlice
Character name: N/A
Admin in question: Jronic1
When did it take place: 1550 UTC-8 May 27th
Round ID in which ban was placed: 9546
Evidence: https://imgur.com/gallery/nsHbNE8
Your side of the story: In this round, I was playing the synthetic. I initially went to gather my things in the upper deck, shortly before turning the power on & operating the FOB drone. It was sometime after this that a TGMC announcement had stated that a larva was on the vessel - before we had even landed on the planet! In normal circumstances, this means a marine bursted while shipside, but that was not the case. An admin by the name of Jronic1 spawned a larva on the Sulaco, and attempted to sabotage tcomms **before we had even landed!** There was no custom event info, no warning, just a larva on the ship for absolutely no reason besides the admin who wanted to grief. This feels like a blatant abuse of power and I can't see any reasoning behind this besides wanting to ruin the experience for --BOTH SIDES-- of the game before they had even landed to meet with each other.
JPR
Byond Username: Jroinc1

Re: [Jronic1] Blatant Abuse of Power

Post by JPR » #604323

Event log from... the event log channel (which should probably be public, IMO...)

Round ID 9546-

Player observed and said he wanted to play xeno. Spawned as larva shipside. Marines alerted to his location for the first few minutes, till they safeguarded tcomms fully. Power melted by drone, marines informed how to run a reroute, no interruption in power.

1240 stats- 15 ayys, 36 ungas.
~1245 a Wraith managed to teleport into the Alamo and get shipside on it's own. Unexpected.
1250 Wraith was killed by a SO.
1250 stats-13 VS 32
1300 stats-12 VS 27
1310 stats- 13 VS 27. FOB siege lasted so long a turret ran outta ammo.
FOB fell at 1315, 14 VS 24 at evac.
Ayy hijack hit at 1318, 18 VS 22 (2 bursts), ungas decided to try to evac via pods.
Ayy came out of vents, event tracking ceased. Power, comms, and medical were fully up with no disruption due to the drone during the course of the round.

I don't actually need to give you an event warning, nor will I ever do so for a stealth event. I'll say nothing, or lie to you because otherwise the event gets meta'd by every player, which is boring.
I *did* give IC warnings and announces via TGMC announcements, and a read on his location every time he popped up until Tcomms was safeguarded. I was also following him for approximately 2/3 of the round. If he'd gone to slash tcomms glass, you'd have gotten an announcement.
probablyalice
Byond Username: ProbablyAlice

Post by probablyalice » #604325

JPR wrote:Event log from... the event log channel (which should probably be public, IMO...)

Player observed and said he wanted to play xeno. Spawned as larva shipside. Marines alerted to his location for the first few minutes, till they safeguarded tcomms fully. Power melted by drone, marines informed how to run a reroute, no interruption in power.
I'm not so sure about that. I saw the CL in the power-room with a shotgun, he said he'd seen the drone attempting to break the fusion generators. The doors into engineering, including the power room, were also forced open by an alien. Maybe the power didn't go out because of him, but that's not to say the drone didn't try. This would've been seen as abuse if no one bothered and the drone actually broke tcomms and power, I'm sure.
JPR wrote: Ayy came out of vents, event tracking ceased. Power, comms, and medical were fully up with no disruption due to the drone during the course of the round.
I fail to see how that excuses you from spawning a drone on the ship before we had even landed. I can say very much that, at least in my experience, this normally wouldn't fly, even for events. I have the strangest feeling you're only adding the "stealth event" tag to this so you can get away with it. Your previous actions in a similar complaint seem to confirm this. (https://imgur.com/gallery/5MtGXwY)
JPR wrote: I don't actually need to give you an event warning, nor will I ever do so for a stealth event. I'll say nothing, or lie to you because otherwise, the event gets meta'd by every player, which is boring.
Event? Really? This wasn't a "stealth event", this was you dragging someone from dsay and stuffing them in a larva on the ship on nothing more than a whim. If you'd like to "say nothing" because it's a ""stealth event"" (an excuse for you to do whatever you want, I presume), then why did you make the announcements in the first place? In your own words, that's boring.
JPR
Byond Username: Jroinc1

Post by JPR » #604328

Yep. The ayy *was* in there, and he *did* melt things, which I announced and were repaired. It is impossible to melt the Fusion Generators.
I also mentioned that in my first post.

If you salt nonstop, I'll ignore your ass. I will give you a fair hearing. Once. After I've heard all of your points one time, I'll disregard them if you bring up the same info. I'll gladly re-examine any old points you have if you have new info, but I'm not just gonna sit around listening to the same thing.

Cause it was my actions, not an ayy getting onto the ship on it's own. An ayy can do a tremendous amount of damage, which is why I watched him, because it's *not fair* to ungas to have to lose comms with no warning. *Everything* else is either not destructible or can be made so (put floor tiles over wiring), or manned 24/7 (medical), or does not matter to ungas (the kitchen). If he'd damaged anything important or done anything actually harmful, I'd have announced it, like I did with power.

Oh, personal note, there are 2 vents in the comms monitoring room. Everyone never welds the one under the locker.
Lewdcifer
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Lewdcifer

Post by Lewdcifer » #606051

Hello. Thank you for making this admin complaint.

It is my understanding that Jroinc1 simply wanted to spice things up a little, though I understand your feelings regarding how it was handled. Jroinc1 understands that the loss of tcomms is a massive setback, and as he's already mentioned, he was watching the event's xenomorph and would have reported it should he had done anything big. I will go ahead and say that I personally feel shipside xenomorphs are too much of a headache, especially for shipside staff; some of our players go for a shipside role not expecting to have to deal with aliens, and it's important to consider their feelings.

On that matter, we've talked to Jroinc1 regarding their attitude towards this complaint, and he's been advised to be a little bit more receptive to such matters.

I will be closing this complaint since it's been open for a long while, and an opportunity for both sides to respond was given.

Cheers.