BYOND account: Genessee
Character name: Micheal Brown
Admin in question: Thespy24574
When did it take place: 12/24/2021 - 12:48PM approximately
Round ID in which ban was placed: 12549
Evidence:

Code: Select all

-- Private Message --
Admin PM from-Thespy24574: Yeah. Note is gonna stay and apparently I shoulda permabanned ya

Click on the staff member's name to reply.
PM to-Staff: But I didn't even do it
-- Private Message --
Admin PM from-Thespy24574: all is good in otehr words I guess.....
PM to-Staff: Wait wait no, you can't note me for something I didn't even do
PM to-Staff: Check my logs - I was locked out complaining about it with everyone else
-- Private Message --
Admin PM from-Thespy24574: More than one person saying it was you, I wasnt there to witness it so I have to go by other people's account.... Plus its a MINOR note.... its not that serious
PM to-Staff: But you can literally check logs to see who pressed the button
-- Private Message --
Admin PM from-Thespy24574: Just... watch what you press.
PM to-Staff: It's the principle of the thing
-- Private Message --
Admin PM from-Thespy24574: also thats not exactly how logs work.
[i]Cut 1 line of irrelevant OOC chatter...[/i]
PM to-Staff: Dude I didn't even do it though, this isn't fair at all
[i]Cut 2 lines of irrelevant OOC chatter..[/i]
-- Private Message --
Admin PM from-Thespy24574: Relax.

Your side of the story:
I joined the round as Micheal Brown, the Corporate Liaison. I've joined at a bad time, and the xenos are just about to drop. I decide to linger by the vending machines for a little to grab gear, as there were a lot of marines still lingering around the gear area so I figured CIC must be nearby.

Once I get a basic gun and some gear, I wander around for a little while looking for the ladder to CIC - because of this, I don't make it to CIC before someone shuts the blast doors. I was still outside talking with another marine (who I forget the name of, but I'm sure it's logged) on the ladders - I don't know who was the one who shut the blast doors. We sit behind the blast doors in the little ladder cubbyhole for about two or three minutes - during this time xenos hijack and drop - but somebody eventually opens the blast doors. We head inside CIC, where I hop up to the central area to shoot off a distress beacon. I didn't press any of the buttons to change blast doors, and as far as I'm aware nobody accused me of doing so when I was in CIC helping out.

I do go around setting all squads overwatch objectives to 'GET ALL INJURED TROOPS TO CIC' so that we could have a better holdout, as the Staff Officer and Synthetic were busy helping on the front lines.

Once our holdout fails, I linger around for a few minutes before my game freezes. Apparently I was bwoinked during this, but as my game was frozen I was not aware of the bwoink. Eventually I close the game and go chat on the discord, where I'm made aware of the fact that the admins believe I was the one responsible for the blast door incident. I immediately get back on and ahelp to clear up the issue, but as shown above the trialmin in question, Thespy24574, flat-out refused to actually check logs, instead opting to go by hearsay from a bunch of ghosts. Naturally, this is incredibly poor admin behavior - especially if I had been banned instead of noted. He then told me to "relax" about my unwarranted and unfair note - easy for him to say, as he was not the one actually being punished.

The note would have stuck, too, had a more reasonable admin, Zack24, stepped in and cleared up the confusion.

Spy's behavior is unacceptable and could have led to an unwarranted ban due to his carelessness and refusal to actually investigate.
Thespy24575
Byond Username: Thespy24574

Re: [COMPLAINT] [Thespy24574] Attempted to punish me for something I didn't do

Post by Thespy24575 » #623061

Hello, It is me the Admin in question. Whilst yes the things I said and do weren't excusable I do think it is correct for me to say my side for the headmins to get a clearer picture.

I was informed of this by another user about someone lock downed CIC, I was not there to witness this event and had to listen to the unreliable sources of ghosts saying it was the CL, Micheal Brown, that had locked down bridge. And I learnt that these sources weren't too, or at all reliable for getting straight names or answers. And another thing to account for this is Micheal brown disconnecting when I went to go ask him for his own side of the story, unfortunately he crashed and I didn't know causing me to think he purposefully disconnected to avoid talking which was later cleared by him saying he didn't disconnect and in fact had crashed. Whilst all this was going on headmin Zack24 was saying I should have permabanned him (was before we knew he had crashed).

I was in the middle of trying to fix the mess that was now being repeatedly stomped on by bad moves and actions of my own, and of unlucky happenings such as micheal brown crashing when I attempted to talk to him via PMs. I was then able to get out of the metaphysical muck and start digging into the logs, granted I should have done this FIRST but I did not know what category to look under or who to look at and coming to the conclusion I realized I wasnt going to be able to look at the logs which is why I refused to look at said logs in the first place.

In the end me and zack34 managed to find the person who REALLY was the one who pressed the button and have since dealt with them.

Hopes this clears this up a bit. I am also willing to remove that note that was placed on you micheal, granted if the headmins permit me to do so.

TL/DR

I didnt look at logs because I didnt know what category button presses went under which was my mental reasoning for not looking at logs in the first place. Also the player logs (To my knowledge) Dont show button presses which was why it took this long to find the real person who locked the CIC down.
genessee596
Byond Username: Genessee

Post by genessee596 » #623062

Thespy24575 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:41 amI am also willing to remove that note that was placed on you micheal, granted if the headmins permit me to do so.
As I was specifically told by Zach that my note was being removed (and that you found the actual person doing it), I'd hope that I didn't keep the note over it.

Regardless, I've been a trialmin on other servers before and not knowing the buttons is understandable. However, essentially telling the person who is adamant that he's innocent to buzz off just because a few ghosts told you he was a baddie is beyond uncool.

I don't have much more to say about this, though I hope I don't need to appeal the note that I shouldn't have gotten in the first place.
Last edited by genessee596 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thespy24575
Byond Username: Thespy24574

Post by Thespy24575 » #623066

However, essentially telling the person who is adamant that he's innocent to buzz off just because a few ghosts told you he was a baddie is beyond uncool.
I did not mean to come off as trying to buzz you away for someone who is adamant in their innocence but to relax with their wording and how they respond to statements and responses. I used the ghosts to get a bearing on who I should ask and who I need to talk to. Unfortunately said ghosts directed me to you as the person who did the wrong doings, and if you hadn't crashed I would have asked you about it but since you DID crash it seemed to be purposeful at the time Luckily I didnt remember the ruling for someone who disconnected while being talked to, which is to permaban them on the spot by the way, and rather noted you. That being said, I have stated before I did not know where to look for the correct information regarding who pressed the button and while I was searching, YOU were getting (As I could tell by the way you worded sentences and whatnot) Angier by the second and that is when I think you mistook me for saying to buzz off or something of the sort. Also me saying "all is good then" was for be to get some breathing room to actually dig into the logs and whatnot, or at least attempt to since you responded and made me continue to talk to you.
Zack24
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Zack24

Post by Zack24 » #623175

Alright, regarding this matter I've already talked to Thespy about his tone and phrasing when speaking to you inside the ticket, once I opened up the ticket conversation and saw his responses I Immediately told him off and told him to drop the ticket and proceeded to take it over myself. I've already removed your note (I forgot to do it on the same round, did it the round after) Also I have to apologize as I wrongly informed you that he was a trialmin in our ticket conversation, he's actually a fullmin. Rest assured Thespy has been warned not to do this sort of stuff again.