Sney
Byond Username: K7331

[BAN] [<Lewdcifer>] <K7331>

Post by Sney » #654130

BYOND account: K7331
Character name: Zaha Sanko
Ban type: OOC
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: OOC, LOOC permanently - Made racist and antisemitism jokes in OOC. Appeal this in the forums if you care.
Time ban was placed: 2022-10-15 16:03:33
Round ID in which ban was placed: <Round 17224>
Your side of the story: Posted moderately? funny copy pasta that was in my character bio for at least 7 months, even before I retired from admin team. I was never bwoinked or anything so I've noticed the ban later on. I was told that there was an announcment about it but I forgot to set a tab for it and I've missed it completly.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I would never imagine that beating a deep water jew in fair combat is anti semitic enough to get me permabaned, the pasta itself was never to hurt anybodys feelings. I also feel that I could just be scolded via bwoink and informed of my bad behaviour instead of just getting talk to a wall treatment. alas I understand my mistake that the now less funny pasta could and I guess did hurt someones feelings. no more sins I remember and I'm deeply sorry.
References of good conduct: The only other instance of unfunny copypasta that I did was almost 2 years ago
Lewdcifer
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Lewdcifer

Re: [BAN] [<Lewdcifer>] <K7331>

Post by Lewdcifer » #654132

Racism and antisemitism are no laughing matter. Rule 1 is very strict in this regard:
"1. Don't be a dick. [...] We'd like our server free of racism, homophobia and sexism as much as possible, both IC and OOC. [...]

The fact that you ever thought this was funny, and even put it as your character's flavor text, is quite concerning.
You should know better by now, especially given your history in our server.

Since you took the time to explain your behavior, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I will be lowering the duration of your OOC/LOOC mute to 1 month. I also cleared your character's flavor text.
Don't do any of this again.