Aqualie123
Byond Username: Aqualie123

[Autisme] Iron - Improper rule handling

Post by Aqualie123 » #654199

When and where this incident occurred (Game Server, forums, Discord): TGMC
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Mitchell 'Iron' Ironmonger
Admin: Autisme
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 17247
Detailed summary: Started the round as SL during Crash after getting prepped and before the ship launched. I setup two additional sentries one in the cockpit to prevent against wraith teleporting in and getting a free portal to kill the APC and/or equipment and another in the central hallway of the ship for the same reason as I have seen on many occasions they teleport in and break/kill multiple crew that are AFK/SSD or break vendors/APCs without anyone even noticing. Few minutes after doing this a marine named 'Billy Bob' decided to dismantle both sentries, I caught him dismantling the bridge sentry and told him to stop. He ignored me and continued to try to dismantle it while I pulled him away from the sentry multiple times and telling him the purpose was to protect the bridge/crew. He managed to eventually dismantle the sentry as another marine walked into the bridge and I couldn't pull him away.

He ran off the bridge and the ship landed shortly afterwards with the sentry still in tow in his backpack he ran out. Still ignoring me and by this time he the Xenos where already around and he still had the sentry in his backpack. I tried to tell him to stop and then he started to bash me in the chest with his rifle multiple times until I was deep red and got a frac and IB. I ahelp'd this and the request was pretty much ignored by the admin "Autisme" as he felt I "insulted" him so all of his actions where therefore justified. I've been punished in the past quite severely for assaulting another marine as this is clearly against TGMC rules and the sole reason why the mode is only active while admins are online is to prevent this. My round was pretty much ruined after his actions as I got IB and frac and couldn't do anything to fix it.

I understand "Autisme" is a trial admin so obviously still learning on how to properly deal with TGMC incidents.
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: [Autisme] Iron - Improper rule handling

Post by tattle » #654202

Moved from the /tg/ complaints subforum. Please make sure to read the tgmc complaint rules. viewtopic.php?f=70&t=20180
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Autisme
Byond Username: Autisme

Post by Autisme » #654244

I wanna start off that with some facts how I handled it.
I noted billy bob for the incident, because his response was bad and should have listened.
I didn't note you because you technically didn't break the rules, I merely commented on how you could improve to avoid it. Because IMO billys response was entirely understandable.

It was wrong that he ignored you telling him

"stop"
"fucking with the sentries"
"dipshit"
"it's rto prtoect bridge from wraith"
"ge the fuck off the bridge"
"you bald idiot"
"bald morons"

this goes on bit more, calling him "YOu reard" which I assume was a misspelling if another word that was not nice.
While you where talking like that you where also spamming him with disarms and shoves.

not once did you ask him "hey why are you taking it?" because then you at least would have known that he needed it for helping with securing the disk, which is entirely reasonable

Just because you are higher ranking does not excuse you from insulting marines because they didn't immediately explain themselves or follow your orders.
my issue was with that you seemed to either not understand or simply not think that is true. Because you where completely justified in being a dick and needlessly hostile I guess
Aqualie123

Post by Aqualie123 » #654263

The point that I was trying to make and still making here that the following admin in the subsequent round picked up immediately after I ahelped when the RO decided to insult me for deciding to wait for my order and asked the admin if it was alright if I could bash in his chest with his rifle and put him in deep red/crit and give him a frac/IB his response was this is not behavior is not acceptable and definitely not something anyone should be doing because an insult was used. Returning to the original issue here, my entire round was ruined after he did that as the synth and doc on duty couldn't mend this so after the meds ran out I went blind and died later on due to the IB, you saying this behavior is understandable is not acceptable this is TGMC not TG13.
Autisme
Byond Username: Autisme

Post by Autisme » #654294

I remember seeing the ticket but I didnt handel that one. I also didn't say his actions where justified and again he was noted for it.

Using "what about"-ism doesn't justify you being an ass. it was feedback on how you can avoid it in the future.

Also your entire round being ruined because a synth and doctor could not mend a basic fracture and IB(literly something autodoc can do) I can only imagine that to be the case because you didn't go to them to get treated.
You could have fixed yourself by either using the autodoc or atleast could have ahelped saying they where not up to it. that feels like a stretch
Aqualie123

Post by Aqualie123 » #654370

Yeah none of that was mentioned in your response to me in the ahelp every other admin has done so when the situation was being properly handled even on TG13, it's a basic standard. As for the handling of the situation that wasn't a one off questions I've spoken with many other admins and head admins and the response is always the same, there is never any acceptable reason for escalating a situation into injuring someone into deep red/crit, not sure why that needs to be explained.

and your response of "Also your entire round being ruined because a synth and doctor could not mend a basic fracture and IB(literly something autodoc can do) I can only imagine that to be the case because you didn't go to them to get treated." just proves your underlying bias of me defeating the purpose of being an admin, if you bothered to look at the fact you would already see I was treated by both and they could not mend the problem, sigh.
Lewdcifer
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Lewdcifer

Post by Lewdcifer » #654691

Gonna go ahead and conclude this one. Sorry for the delay, been busy with work.

I've talked to Autisme, and we agree that the supposedly rude comments weren't really worthy of consideration. That sort of language is rather common in TGMC and SS13, generally speaking, and we do not condone it.

However, do bear in mind that intentional friendly fire is against the rules. Autisme did handle Billy Bob's player accordingly, issuing a warning and a note for his behavior.
There's no reason to retaliate with ill intent, especially considering you can ahelp and get ahealed by an admin. Besides, fixing IB/fracs is trivial if you're shipside. Nothing a cryo pod, surgery, or autodoc can't fix with relative ease.

With this said, I will be closing this complaint. Cheers.