Penezor
Byond Username: Penezor

[BAN] [<Zachary09>] <Penezor>

Post by Penezor » #655772

BYOND account: <Penezor>
Character name: <Boomer Richmond>
Ban type: <OOC>
Ban length: <Permanent>
Ban reason: <Has killed his fellow marine and then tossed their body away towards the xenos. Shortly after came back shipside, ghosted, and left the server.>
Time ban was placed: <2022-11-05 10:57:52.>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <17701>
Your side of the story: <This guy with no armor on and a T60 and just a helmet kept running behind me and shooting me instead of the xenos. When I finally had enough of this after ~15 minutes, I shot him with another marine whose name I do not recall, and then threw his body to the xenos. Afterwards, I would say maybe 10 - 20 minutes later, I went back to the ship, received no message from admins or anything, and just decided to go to sleep irl.>
Why you think you should be unbanned: <Well, I've played on this server a lot, and to be honest it's the only SS13 server I really play on. I'm not neccessarily integral to anything in TGMC, but I really do realize that what I did was retarded, even if he kept shooting me in the back, I should have just said something to him or ignored it.>
References of good conduct: <My only reference to good conduct would be other players of the server, but I don't really talk to anyone outside of playing the game itself.>
Dil9
Byond Username: Dil9

Re: [BAN] [<Zachary09>] <Penezor>

Post by Dil9 » #655778

I'm the guy he shot and it shouldn't be permanent. Logging off makes sense since it was late at night, and having no armor must've made me look like a shitter. Don't think I was FFing anymore than the usual T-60 user but there was one bad case that round where I shot down a hallway for a few seconds without knowing marines were on the other side, which didn't help the shitterlike look. I've seen armorless guys with T-60s get killed for less.
Following him was just because he was the SL however.
Zachary09
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Zachary09

Post by Zachary09 » #655875

Penezor wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:05 pmBan type: <OOC>
The ban type was Server. This type of ban prevents you from connecting to the server. An OOC ban would make you unable to use the OOC channel.

Any type of harm done to your team on this server is not welcome. However mistakes do happen and they are perfectly acceptable. From what I understood from gathered evidence and witness reports you simply killed the guy and tossed him away, which is quite a bad act in the eyes of the rules of the server.

Based on my personal judgement you broke the following rules: I observed your behaviour regarding this ban on Discord for a few moments and decided you genuinely are interested in continuing to play here, but most importantly you also showed remorse and understood that what you did was not quite nice to the other guy.

I hope this kind of situation won't happen in the future on your end. We're all a big family of gamers and we're trying to achieve a sportsmanlike atmosphere of asymmetric gameplay that would provide a lot of enjoyment to every single one of us. A big part of why I decided to take this move is that marines are held to a far lower standard than higher roles - for example, a marine can simply go out into the battlefield wearing nothing but a head bandana and holding a spear pretending to be some sort of a samurai. According to the rules they are doing nothing wrong provided they do that as a squad marine - and not a higher role. That is also because of the fact that marine slots are unlimited, and other role slots are based on total population of the server.

You will be unbanned as soon as possible. I have passed the message on to the other admins, but if you are still banned before 4 hours from now I'll see what I can do tomorrow in roughly 22 hours.
Naaanii
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Naaanii

Post by Naaanii » #656034

Locking this thread as it has been resolved.
Your local TGMC Head Administrator.