[BAN] [Soulstolen] MO

HeroBrian

[BAN] [Soulstolen] MO

Post by HeroBrian » #655890

BYOND account: HeroBrian
Character name: MO
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 3 days
Ban reason: Used a glitch to get into a silo area on crash and kill a freshly spawned xeno despite there being a general warning for it not to happen again, despite the fact that its an obvious glitch that should not be abused.
Time ban was placed: 22-11-05 08:13:16 UTC-6
Round ID in which ban was placed: 17698
Your side of the story: I want to state that this was a result of tunnel vision rather than a desire to exploit. During the round I was taunting the xenos by standing next to the fog. A medic came by and without warning placed me into the fog with the roller bed glitch. I saw a hunter and stepped in to fight it. In retrospect this was a bad move, but I was operating in unga mode and could only melee. During the fight with the hunter, a larva spawned which I then killed with a powerfist hit. Again this was a bad move but one made in a moment of panic. A second larva spawned and ran out of the fog; I don't know what happened to it. I exited the fog as soon as another marine was placed into the fog to rescue me. It seems that a few other accounts were banned and I don't think they should be punished for my aggression. I nor the other accounts know where the warning about this glitch was and did not hear a bwoink later. I logged off at the end of the round as it was late.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
  • I would say my bad conduct is on the level of killing an SSD xeno which is something nearly all marines have done and could quickly be fixed, with few in game ramifications, by adding a new buried larva. I don't think it's fair to be banned without warning for acting overly aggressive, in a situation that was forced on me, in a game about mindlessly slaughtering bugs.
  • In game, I am useful to the marines in providing medical, surgery, engineering, as well as tad support which are all often in short supply. Additionally, I provide some value outside the game contributing to the github under the name SiegeB0t and have a few more ideas for bug fixes.
  • I want to unga since it's the weekend.
  • I would like to keep my admin remarks clean-ish.
Thus I should be unbanned.
References of good conduct: I don't play much standard SS13.
Soulstolen
Byond Username: Soulstolen

Re: [BAN] [Soulstolen] MO

Post by Soulstolen » #655909

I appreciate you taking the time to come here and explain yourself in a respectful manner. Taking everything into account with your actions and your explanation, I can believe you are genuine in what you say.
I'll make sure to add a good note to your account as well for your professionalism during all of this, and it's safe to say the appeal is accepted. The moment the server is up and running I'll have you unbanned.