Byond Username: Chaznoodles

[DISCORD] Chaznoodles

Post by Chaznoodles » #656626

Discord Username: Chaz#6563
Commonly Used Names: N/A
Banning Admin: Spooky.
Ban Reason: "consistent github evasion"
Time Ban Was Placed: 14:23 GMT, 16/11.
Your Side of the Story: PR'd a few little fixes/tweaks to miscellaneous things (weather affecting marines, hivelord tunnel text sanitisation and the like), Spooky found out, slapped a perma discord ban on me.
Why You Think You Should Be Unbanned: Separation of church and state, maintainers should have no discretion over Discord administration outside of removal from dev channels - which was already done long prior after a previous ban (the headmentor incident) as soon as they spotted my ban had been lifted, despite there being no interaction in the space between. Github isn't Discord and vice versa. There was no admin consultation or involvement, despite Discord being an admin space and not a coding space. No behaviours in Discord to justify a ban.

I fully understand that bypassing the Github ban is naughty, but seeing as there was zero chance of the ban ever being lifted - previous bias noted - and the account involved is long since binned, I decided to just do some nice little things which seem to have been taken the wrong way. No comments on other PRs to involve myself, no interference nor aggression towards people contributing as previously mentioned.
spookydonut
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Spookydonut

Re: [DISCORD] Chaznoodles

Post by spookydonut » #656660

There's an appeal process for github bans: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18660&p=425914#p425914

Why are you willing to follow the discord ban appeal process but not the github ban appeal process?

You made no effort to hide on our discord that you were evading the github ban, additionally you were already permanently excluded from the discord development channels for the same reasons you were github banned.

I have not seen or heard of any improvement or change to your behaviour in that regard.

I would be happy to consider an appeal once you have demonstrated positive development related behaviour, but at this point that will have to be somewhere that isn't /tg/ or tgmc.
Chaznoodles
Byond Username: Chaznoodles

Post by Chaznoodles » #656664

spookydonut wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:51 am There's an appeal process for github bans: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18660&p=425914#p425914

Why are you willing to follow the discord ban appeal process but not the github ban appeal process?

You made no effort to hide on our discord that you were evading the github ban, additionally you were already permanently excluded from the discord development channels for the same reasons you were github banned.

I have not seen or heard of any improvement or change to your behaviour in that regard.

I would be happy to consider an appeal once you have demonstrated positive development related behaviour, but at this point that will have to be somewhere that isn't /tg/ or tgmc.
This is a Discord ban appeal, not a Github ban appeal. Everything you have said is in regards to Github. None of this is relevant.
bowlofcereal
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Bowlofcereal

Post by bowlofcereal » #656877

spookydonut wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:51 am There's an appeal process for github bans: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18660&p=425914#p425914

There is literally no reason to ban someone from the Discord for a gitban. You have devbanning on the discord which is exclusively for maintainer usage, but nothing that was done here is worthy of complete exclusion from the community outside of the game itself.

If you can give me a valid form of reason for this, then i'll be happy to leave this in place, but as it stands, I am heavily frowning upon this ban and if no defense is brought up I will likely be accepting this appeal. Seems completely pointless and petty, as it has nothing to do with our Discord. Leave github drama to the github.
bowlofcereal
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Bowlofcereal

Post by bowlofcereal » #656886

Right, i've given you plenty of time to give me some form of response spooky, but you've made no effort to contact me nor respond to this appeal.

The discord itself has nothing to do with development issues, and his ban on the github has nothing to do with the Discord. You have development channel bans for your own usage, and this has nothing to do with the discord itself.

There was no reason to essentially deplatform him due to this from our community outside of the game itself. Development drama should stick to development and not drag into administration issues like this. If he actually breaks the rules, this would apply, but a gitban has no bearing on anything outside of the Github itself.

If you want to speak to me about this on the discord, be my guest, but I am accepting this appeal. Discord and Github are two separate entities.