[NOTE] [Zack24] Kezai

thisisdumb
Byond Username: Kezai

[NOTE] [Zack24] Kezai

Post by thisisdumb » #659884

BYOND account: Kezai
Character name: Fermi Valern
The note itself: Fought in the frontlines as a CSE in LV, holding medbay with a teleporter, and moving up to engineering once and pulled back after a bit of shooting, once the medbay teleporter fell, continued to stay and help recoveried bodies, when talked to said they've been always allowed to do such a thing, and that headmins and a project lead has acknowledged them doing so and let them be, Feel free to appeal this note in the fourms so you can formally talk to the headmins for a response.
Time note was placed: 2022-12-21 02:10:48
Round ID in which note was placed: 18462
Your side of the story: I was groundside trying to unfuck a very messed up OP. Some parts were inacurate, there was no teleporter involved. I was just holding medbay and the green disk generator as that was my plan for the OP since I started. Things did not go according to plan and had to retreat on foot from the medbay. Then when the mech said they killed the queen I gave orders to retrieve the freshly dead bodies from medbay. I was the only command available, hence giving orders the entire OP. The moving to engineering was to try to find the Tadpole so I could pilot it and take the nuke disks. Tadpole was broken so we just retreated back to defending the medbay. Elsa was with me and can verify that part. Rest is accurate.
Why do you think it should be removed/reworded: While yes, there has always been a rule that shipside support staff should not deploy, it has never (in my experience) been enforced for medical and engineering staff. I have been deploying groundside as CMO, doctor, ST, and CSE since late 2019 and no staff (except one named Desucake who had not played in months in early 2020) have raised the issue with me. There have been arguments over the rule on Discord between staff and players, but nothing that ever amounted to a change of it and it has simply been non-enforced. I imagine it has been with groundside captains or ROs, but not for the medical and engineering teams. I have played with many, many staff over the years with my character as a shipside role who have had no problem with me doing it. Some people I can remember who definitely knew and permitted (as in, either played with me or saw me doing it) were Jroinc, David, Ocelot, Henri, Aleksei, and maybe Grinkgo. I play these roles faithfully and not as just another marine. I can provide specific logs from Discord of me saying I have done it all the way from 2020 as well if needed, and maybe some gameplay screenshots if I get lucky. You could also ask literally anyone who knows me that these are the majority of the roles I have played since I started.
Naaanii
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Naaanii

Re: [NOTE] [Zack24] Kezai

Post by Naaanii » #660444

Hey there, sorry for the late response.

Regarding the Note, you were actively breaking the rule and aware you were breaking said rule and doing it just because of the lack of enforcement doesn't really make it okay to continue doing so. Players don't always ahelp, admins aren't really always watching to address every single ahelp. Just because you get away with it doesn't mean it's not a rule break nor does it entitle you to continue doing so because of the lack of enforcement and then appeal it whenever it is enforced.

The lack of enforcement will be addressed but the note will stay.
Your local TGMC Head Administrator.

thisisdumb

Post by thisisdumb » #660655

You see it as a rule break but in 2 years of playing none of the staff members have raised an issue with it until now. It's a valid way to play that has existed for as long as the roles have. You are making the choice to adhere to an obscure and unenforced rule because? Should be a non-issue.
Naaanii
TGMC Lead

Post by Naaanii » #660771

thisisdumb wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:40 am You see it as a rule break but in 2 years of playing none of the staff members have raised an issue with it until now. It's a valid way to play that has existed for as long as the roles have. You are making the choice to adhere to an obscure and unenforced rule because? Should be a non-issue.
Except we've already enforced it against other players as well. Again, just because you managed to get away with it doesn't really mean it's okay. Like I said, we've addressed the enforcement issue so if you do see shipside roles combatting, feel free to ahelp them as well. It's not a non-issue because it's still a rule break. Leniency in rulings were made to make the roles more playable (i.e deploying groundside) but that doesn't mean that you don't have to adhere to any rulings at all.

thisisdumb

Post by thisisdumb » #660972

Well if it's that easy to "get away with it" just remove the rule since no one cares about it. It's incredibly outdated, even the synth combat rule was removed.
Naaanii
TGMC Lead

Post by Naaanii » #661051

It's not outated and the only reason they're allowed to deploy is because of the initial leeway given allowing them to deploy. If you don't like the rules regarding the role, you're free to play as a Combat Engineer instead.

thisisdumb

Post by thisisdumb » #661341

Those are two different roles even if they do have some overlap. Having to be a combat engineer because of an arbitrary rule is not a good solution.
Naaanii
TGMC Lead

Post by Naaanii » #661355

It's a role designed for the gameplay you're looking for. They are two different rules indeed which is why we have the ruling. A ship engineer shouldn't really be combatting but we've given leniency to allow them to assist the FOB. The rule is staying for the time being.