[PLAYER REPORT] [Spark 'Inferno' newmen, PD-29, Jason Ryane IV, Ivanov Poloski, Usman Eid] Mitchell 'Iron' Ironmonger

Aqualie123
Byond Username: Aqualie123

[PLAYER REPORT] [Spark 'Inferno' newmen, PD-29, Jason Ryane IV, Ivanov Poloski, Usman Eid] Mitchell 'Iron' Ironmonger

Post by Aqualie123 » #660957

BYOND account: Mikleo
Your character name: Mitchell 'Iron' Ironmonger
Their character name(s): Spark 'Inferno' Newmen, PD-29, Jason Ryane IV, Ivanov Poloski, Usman Eid
When did it take place: Friday, January 6, 2023 @ 12:40 a.m UTC
Round ID in which ban was placed: 18806
Evidence: <Logs, screenshots, anything that can support your claim.>
Your side of the story: Round started as usual as marines and everyone gathered in the Alamo expecting to be deployed around the usual times 12:18 / 12:20 however when time came I could not deploy the marines as the FOB was not being built and the engineers refused vend the materials from the FOB drone builder and build the FOB. Apparently this isn't something they felt they are required to do as an engineer. I had raised an ahelp at the time however the online admin "Zaffinomlb - Admin" Never responded to my ahelp at all about this. I don't see why people should be signing up as an engineer if they're just going to blatantly ignore their duties and play as a marine preventing people who actually want to play as engineer from doing so. This is like a hivelord or drone refusing to build any walls/weeds/structures and running around on the frontlines trying to get kills. This potentially causes us to be at a severe disadvantage as when the ALamo is launched which is was Xenos can simply walk into the alamo and make their way onto the ship is just one example.
Zaffinomlb
Byond Username: Zaffinomlb

Re: [PLAYER REPORT] [Spark 'Inferno' newmen, PD-29, Jason Ryane IV, Ivanov Poloski, Usman Eid] Mitchell 'Iron' Ironmonge

Post by Zaffinomlb » #661014

Dear Aqualie123,

Thank you for your concern in this matter and taking the time to write this report. After conferring with a head administrator on the matter the initial understanding was correct. In no way are marines compelled to or required to follow an order. They(marines) are expected but not required. Rule 5 Precedent 1: does not state engineer as an essential limited role. Nor are they applicable under Rule 5 Precedent 3, as they are not command. In summation engineers technically are under no obligation to be committed to the success of the mission or obey an order or dictate from a superior. To be able to get a marine, smartgunner, engineer, or corpsman to follow you requires willingness on their part, and charismatic leadership on the part of those who presume to command.

Seeing as the forward operating base was constructed at the time of my reading of the ticket in question, it was a null issue. Admittingly it was an oversight on my part not to explain to you the rule set, naively I just assumed players had read the rules and thus would have a robust understanding of it themselves.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter, I hope explanation has been illuminating for you.

Yours truely,
Zaffinomlb
TGMC Administrator
Aqualie123
Byond Username: Aqualie123

Re: [PLAYER REPORT] [Spark 'Inferno' newmen, PD-29, Jason Ryane IV, Ivanov Poloski, Usman Eid] Mitchell 'Iron' Ironmonge

Post by Aqualie123 » #661035

Huh? Your response makes no sense it clearly states in Rule 5, Precedent 8 that limited roles should not *waste* their equipment or disregard the chain of command and their leads. I expect TGMC administrators (not trial admins) to have a robust understanding of the rules they're being expected to enforce.
Zaffinomlb
Byond Username: Zaffinomlb

Post by Zaffinomlb » #661104

Dear Aqualie123,

Thank you for taking the time to read the rules. That being said, the resources in question are not wasted from the FOB drone, all remaining metal and plasteel that is not used is vended automatically upon the launching of the Alamo. Seeing as wasting equipment here is not applicable because nothing is wasted your point is lost on me. (An aside considering there was an FC, CSE, and Synth that round as well the FOB being built was really not an issue as any one of those people could have, and obviously someone did seeing as the FOB was built.)

As for the second half of the rule, if you refer back to the original responds you will see where I stated to have conferred with a head administrator on the issue of compelled action on part of the marines. As aforementioned, I was told directly that marines are under no obligation to follow commands.

Thank you again for your concerns, your opinions matter to us. Here at TGMC making sure that the players adhere to an acceptable standard of play is as much of a concern for us as it is for you.

Best wishes,
Zaffinomlb
TGMC Administrator
Dictated but not read
Naaanii
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Naaanii

Post by Naaanii » #661356

Considering this resolved and locking the thread.
Your local TGMC Head Administrator.