Post by LoveMirror » #663878

BYOND account: LoveMirror
Character name: Sherry Cherry
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Griefing FOB as CAS
Time ban was placed: 31-01-2023, 20:49 CET
Round ID in which ban was placed: 19392
Your side of the story: I strafed a cow with a minigun from the CaS ship after the nuke was going to go off in 20s. I asked for permission from the Captain previously, and he said after nuke, so I asked again and saw "granted". Unfortunately, I now see it was a SYNTH that said it on the Command channels and NOT the captain. I strafed one marine and a point turret by accident because another PO was moving the cow around. I apologize for that.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The round was over, xenos weren't pushing, absolutely nothing was happening and we won anyway. Nuke was behind a tunnel with cades, a turret and a double wall. I didn't strafe players on purpose, I just wanted to hit the cow. I think a permban for this is unjust, I'd understand a role ban or a note.
References of good conduct: Never banned on mainline TG servers and my conduct is as close to flawless over there as can be. I am also very active on the Discord.
Last edited by LoveMirror on Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dawson1917
Byond Username: Dawson1917

Re: [BAN] [Zachary09] LoveMirror

Post by Dawson1917 » #663880

I was the PO on the ground moving the cow around and encouraging CAS to shoot it. Nuke was behind cancer defenses (dug into rock, a line of about 5 barricades to it, 4 sentries, as well as 3 constructed walls) and xenos had an absolute zero chance of getting close to it. CAS started shooting at about a minute before nuke would blow. The GAU shots destroyed three total cades outside the nuke corridor, and I think two sentries next to said cades. I think there was an engineer that got shuffled into a GAU run while I was moving the cow around.
Here's an image taken after nuke blew recreating what I can remember. P is for plasteel barricades, S for sentry (I don't remember where the second one was, could have been picked up), and M for a melee-reinforced cade.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Zachary09
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Zachary09

Re: [BAN] [Zachary09] LoveMirror

Post by Zachary09 » #663881

Essentially speaking you fired your weapons on FOB while also damaging some marine equipment. I cannot say for sure if it was deliberate or not, but generally speaking coming close to damaging marine equipment or actually damaging it accidentally is acceptable in limited conditions.

You also said you asked for permission to fire your weapons inside of FOB, which was not under any direct threat from the xenos or other factions hostile to the TGMC. The way I see it your actions were not directly detrimental to marine success during the round but were (and are) unwelcome. I am oblidged to add that you don't need permission to fire upon your friends in any way, shape or form, as it will directly stand in violation of our rules so it shouldn't be done.

I am thinking of some scenarios that may have been acceptable while still firing inside of the FOB, but I'll refrain from prolonging my response to your appeal. I will grant you this appeal, but please do make sure to be careful conducting firing operations where the possibility of friendly fire is high, especially in non-threatening situations groundside as a Pilot Officer piloting Close Air Support.