BYOND account: Karakov
Character name: Kade Volk
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Chain grenaded the Canterbury and left"
Time ban was placed: 02/12/23 10:58:43
Server you were playing on when banned: TGMC
Round ID in which ban was placed: 19639
Your side of the story: Admin left us on EORD and left, cancelling the entire Distress Beacon round, Canterbury was empty save for like two bums shooting each other for fun. Got bored and let the invasive thoughts take over as I got curious about what ignites grenades after bumming around for about twenty minutes. Died from the explosion, went to Valhalla, spent at least ten minutes without any ping or contact as I fiddled with mech loadouts and toying with the sniper rifles to consider new weapons to try out.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a borderline victimless crime save for the people shooting each other for fun, considering everyone else jumped off to EORD, and I wasn't given a chance to say anything having no idea that it would be a problem, given that I was staying around a bit after.
References of good conduct: Not really, but I've been a regular at Sojourn before the ban, and just haven't played because of the slow pace boring me. Often why I often played TGMC.
Anything else we should know: No, not really.
Zachary09
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Zachary09

Re: Karakov - Ban Appeal

Post by Zachary09 » #665671

While your intentions have not been malicious you should not forget that any chain-grenading to occur must be held outside of allied structures (i.e. outside of Canterbury, Alamo, shipside) and also in EORD. Regardless of the circumstances this had happened in you damaged a lot of Canterbury's equipment. Please consider not taking such actions in the future and only chain-grenade where there is no possibility of harming your allies or your allies' equipment (i.e. marine gear vendors). Notable exception to this would be chain grenading Alamo after it crashlands shipside during hijack.

I have lifted your ban