Ban Appeal

Cleverslim

Ban Appeal

Post by Cleverslim » #677827

BYOND account: Cleverslim
Character name: Lorent Bourgogne
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: 14 days
Ban reason: Injected a bunch of people with anesthetic injectors during prep, a known shitter on multiple servers with a questionable note history here, take a break.
Time ban was placed: 2023 04-09 01:06:39
Round ID in which ban was placed: 20578
Your side of the story: I injected 4 people with anesthetic injectors who where all dressed the same in delta squad, which only puts people to sleep for a little bit, what I thought would be considered a harmless prank.
Why you think you should be unbanned: i think being banned for this let alone a 14 day ban is absolutely insane for putting people to sleep for a little bit, also i dont see why my note history from other servers should ever be an issue. epically since the vast majority of those notes come from one server fucking yogstation. also i cant exactly check the logs or anything but i dont even believe i was bwoinked in game,i did go afk for a bit but was not bwoinked after i returned. and i think though im likely wrong the admin who banned me may have been one of the people i injected making me heavily question how much their own bias played into applying this ban.
Barnet
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Barnet

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Barnet » #677839

Hello, thank you for taking your time to make this appeal. The admin team brought it up with it with me quite quickly, so I will respond to it now as to not draw it out.

While this ban was made in haste, I do not believe it to be without reason. The team has been keeping an eye on you for a little while, and your note history trends towards a history of FF and escalation.
You may not consider anesthetic injectors FF or escalation, but doing it on that scale, outside of surgery, is frowned upon; if you want a specific rule against it, I would point to Rule 1 and it's precedents, even with how broad it is.
The section about me having bias is quite reasonable, as from my memory I was sleepy penned, but other admins were bringing up the incident as well in admin say. A fellow admin then proceeded to ticket you, to which you (apparently) did not notice. Here are the logs from said ticket; I will cut out admin character names for privacy issues. This does not change the fact that I was indeed one of the people sleepy penned.
[2023-04-09 00:59:48.753] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: LuxyLucy->Cleverslim/(Lorent Bourgogne): hey, why did you sleep a bunch of people?
There was no response for six minutes, as that is when the ban was applied.
[2023-04-09 01:06:39.712] ADMINPRIVATE: Barnet has created a temporary 2 weeks server ban for Cleverslim.
The team on at the time then looked at your note history, alongside your other server history. Many of the bans do come from Yog, yes, but it really makes me question how you even got that many in the first place; some only expired a few weeks ago as well. In the end, the admins on at the time came to a conclusion to make the ban. If any would like to comment on it, they are free to do so, otherwise I will take the sole responsibility for it.
In any case, due to my aforementioned likely bias I will lower the ban to ten days; but I still do think you need a break. It would also not be astute of me to not mention there has been a high frequency in friendly fire incidents as of late. While I would not exactly classify this as one, it falls into a similar category. I ask that you do not do things similar to negatively impact another round, which anesthetic pens fall under (outside of surgery, of course.)

Have a good one,
Barnet
Winters1

Post by Winters1 » #678287

To which ever admin picks this up.

Evening, I will start by explaining a bit about my self and my time personally in TGMC with a dash of my history in SS13 before I get to Clevers ban.
My history in TGMC has been rather clean, with only one note from admins about having the nick name 'Healslut' and people mentioning that is was too NSFW for the server, then having changed it to H.S I was still bwoinked not to use it, which I did. I removed the character.
Recently some admins may know I PB people with shotguns, though those admins would also know I ahelp before I do it, explaining what they had done, things like using an LMG with out IFF on, putting more shrapnel into me and team mates then the xenos, I always give multiple warnings, then move onto the Ahelp for permission and have never taken it so far as to kill them, one or if lucky, two shots.
I have applied for an admin position here in the past, though while I got good feedback from the administrator that read over it, my hours and In game time was too low, I applied because I learn mechanics in game, I do not hop in just to shitpost when I first start playing on a server, I Jump in for the mechanics and learning everything I can about every department.

In my ss13 past, especially around FO13 I have picked up a few tags such as toxic, shitter, erper a Karen and much more, while I do not deny those tags I will say that they where in FO13,
my most played servers which had a toxic environment to begin with, not here.

Onto the main point of my time on this post

Cleverslim is one of the best squad gunners I have met, at times even taking over the squad lead positions due to incompetence, he has also been playing synthetic recently, stating he enjoys the medical and engineering and is rather great with it as well.
I have known this man for a while now and I know he works in the military, allowing him to play while working though being liable to having to get up and leave, which is what happened that day, the admin having got frustrated ending up handling their own ticket then since it had been 6 minutes after his first message, apparently long enough to warrent a ban with no further bwoink to make sure he was not afk before slapping a bullshit ban on Clever.

This admin even went on to say it was an, and I quote 'this ban was made in haste' soon stating that the admin team have been watching him and his behavior, I know he has been playing constantly for the past few weeks and if he was as bad as this ban makes him out to be, he would have been out much quicker.

people sleepy penned.
[2023-04-09 00:59:48.753] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: LuxyLucy->Cleverslim/(Lorent Bourgogne): hey, why did you sleep a bunch of people?
There was no response for six minutes, as that is when the ban was applied.
[2023-04-09 01:06:39.712] ADMINPRIVATE: Barnet has created a temporary 2 weeks server ban for Cleverslim.

There is alot I could say about why this ban is utter bullshit though this should be enough to convince anyone that wasnt involved to look back into this.

That is all - Winters1
Naaanii
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Naaanii

Post by Naaanii » #678788

Afking during a ticket asking for a reason to what constitutes as grief will mostly result in a ban. Given cleverslim's history, the ban reduction is lenient.

Note: When vouching, please stick to the facts regarding the incident, otherwise it'll attribute to peanutposting.
Your local TGMC Head Administrator.