[DISCORD] Blase#5853

Blase
Byond Username: MacBlaze

[DISCORD] Blase#5853

Post by Blase » #688301

Discord Username: Blase#5853

Banning Admin: Bowlofcereal

Ban Reason: "Your continued use of slurs despite consistently being told not too on this discord as well as generally being hostile to other people for little reason leads me to believe you're not capable of respecting our server's rules."

Time Ban Was Placed: 8:23 PM EST? CST? 20:23

Your Side of the Story: I was playing a round of TGMC for about 4 hours, then I got off after it got tiresome. I look at my discord list to see TGMC is not on there. I try and rejoin, and realize I have been banned. I put out some inquiries and am told bowlofcereal banned me for slur usage despite "consistently being told not too" and "my general hostility to others" for little reason. I don't believe I am generally hostile to others on TGMC, so it came off as kind of off-putting and strange to be banned for that. I really enjoy the community and find the people there to be very fun to talk to and the conversations to be engaging and enjoyable. I don't believe I received verbal warnings at all, and and absolutely not consistently. bowlofcereal may have sent messages in chat without pinging me, but I would find that odd because I don't remember a single time when I saw one of them. Nor did I receive any direct pings from him. If I had received a verbal warning from someone, I believe I would have quickly course corrected due to how much I enjoy TGMC and its community. I feel a certain sense of dissonance between what my mind says I should do in that scenario, and what bowlofcereal says I did in this supposed scenario.

Why You Think You Should Be Unbanned: I don't believe I received any verbal warnings from bowl or any other admins to the best of my knowledge. This came as quite a shock to me, as I had no idea I was on bad terms with any admins or bowlofcereal specifically. If given the opportunity to rejoin the discord, I would correct my behavior due to my utmost desire to participate in the TGMC community. I also believe I am a contributing member of the TGMC community, both within development, and also more casual conversation circles. Due to these factors, I believe this ban was not justified. If there was a need to change, I believe that a verbal warning would have sufficiently chastened me to alter my language and how I interact with other members of the TGMC community. I would appreciate if bowlofcereal could provide examples of me being "generally hostile to other people for little reason", or some verbal warnings that he gave me with a direct ping. I don't hold any hard feelings, I guess I am just in shock. I hope for a timely response, and a smooth process for this appeal.
bowlofcereal
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Bowlofcereal

Re: [DISCORD] Blase#5853

Post by bowlofcereal » #688342

For information, you were banned after using a derivative of the f-slur for the 7th time on our Discord. You have been told in the past to stop doing it, and just 3 days ago you did it again. The last few posts you made before this ban were also consistently hostile towards other people, which you've also been informed in the past to chill out on.

If you can promise me, or at the very least state for the record, that you'll moderate your language and behavior on the Discord i'll happily let you back in, but if it continues to happen even after this then this is going to be reapplied.
Blase
Byond Username: MacBlaze

Post by Blase » #688350

I can moderate my language to avoid using the f-slur. I don't remember being pinged with a warning to stop doing it, but Ill take this as the official notice. I don't believe I have ever been told to chill out on "being consistently hostile towards other people", and I am genuinely confused on how that came up. In summary, I will moderate my language since I have been sufficiently chastened and regardless of my confusion, I will ask people how I can change my behavior to better interact with others.
bowlofcereal
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Bowlofcereal

Post by bowlofcereal » #688358

Blase wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:39 pm I can moderate my language to avoid using the f-slur.
We'll consider this concluded then. When I have a moment i'll lift the ban.