[Kerek] - Administrator Application

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Kerek

Byond Username: Kerek

[Kerek] - Administrator Application

Postby Kerek » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:43 am #486149

Current ckey and any previous ckeys:

Current - Kerek
Previously - Kneez

Character name(s):

Ryan 'Firebug' Steelberg, Horace Wallenber, Lance Weber, and Jameson Steelberg

Granted most of these characters are from CM and have yet to touch TGMC territory.

Timezone:

CST

Discord tag:

Kerek#2872

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner:

I'm from CM-SS13. I've been a mentor and a moderator for CM for a decent amount of time.

How familiar are you with our ruleset:

I'd like to say I'm fairly familiar with the rules, and it'd improve without a doubt as time went on.

How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general:

I've only started TGMC extremely recently, but I enjoyed it a fair bit. I've only played CM for a long time, but yogstation was one of the few that I had touched on long ago. I've been playing SS13 since April of 2016 though!

Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason:

No I haven't.

Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason:

I did receive a permanent ban from Yogstation ages ago due to being in a YouTube video with some friends I met through the game long ago. I was banned for metacommunication, but the ban has since been lifted.

Why do you want to become an administrator:

I've always enjoyed moderating for CM, and I always liked assisting to preserve the game state as best I can while letting the players do what they enjoy. I enjoy keeping the players that want to be here to play's gameplay as protected and free to proceed as they see fit. A 'hands off' style would probably fit the best if I had to sum it up.

Q&A
Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

While it's a very IC situation, if it seemed to just be an accident that ended with him getting screwed over, especially with all the new players currently, I'd probably SM the MPs to have a change of heart when it comes to brigging the player followed by an SM to the player, "Man, I really should be more careful when handling a firearm."

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.

I would direct the player to a mentor. If there were no mentors present that could assist him then I'd be more than happy to pick up the torch to teach him the general gameplay.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

Should one be present, I'd shoot the higher-up a PM and ask them to talk to the player for me for a moment. If none were present I'd suggest a report against me. Just because they're demanding to speak to a higher-up doesn't give them the privilege to dodge a rightful ban though. While it's not required I redirect them, I feel it's in good taste to let them hear a second admin's opinion on the situation and may help to get the player to calm themselves a little.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

I'd inform the player that while they may've used it here and elsewhere with no issues before, currently it's in violation of one of our rules. I'd recommend that he change it, but I'd encourage a PM to whoever would have the authority to make a decision on the name.

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

IC Issue regarding the gear. The MPs can handle the breach in uniform for the current security level. If the player attempts to deploy, then it becomes my issue. I'd PM them asking them as to what they were planning on doing, and if they knew the purpose of their job and the rules regarding deployment. If the player just wanted to play squad marine and screwed up, I'd ask them to cryo and then ghost. If they had done a bunch of work in Engineering prior to the offense then they’d be left in the role with the recommendation of finishing the round in the role or cryo and ghost.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

It'd really depend on how the round got to this moment in time. Did the marines attempt to regain ground previously and failed miserably? Did the same thing happen for the xenos? Depending on the powers of an admin, I feel like giving the marines an ERT, should the Captain message High Command when prompted, and give the xenos a few members to boost their numbers followed by a message for the xenos to finish their assault.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

I'd PM them for disrupting the round with dickish behavior. Depending on the player’s notes a warning or short ban would due.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

This would be a breach of escalation, and is quite unfair to the dead player. There's a lot of things that are worth getting hit over, but it takes an awful lot to get killed over something. I'd talk to both players about what had happened, and would probably give the dead player an aheal. Depending on the first player's response he'd either get a warning followed by IC repercussions or a short ban for a first offense.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

TGMC is a 'Hugbox' server, so I'd tell the players to knock it off. While they were having fun, they shouldn't be ruining the enjoyment of one player for their own enjoyment.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

I'd check the notes of the player. When this did happen on CM they were generally throw-away accounts that were purely used to grief. I'm not 100% certain on the approach here on TG, but I'd probably ban said player for a day and arrange an aheal for the players that were killed or injured. Space Gods be praised.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

I'd PM the player and inquire the player as to why they had run directly into the frontlines while they were a larva. Depending on the player's note history and response it'd range from a warning to a xenoban.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

I'd pm the player and ask them to stop with the LRP comments in hivemind. I'd then note the player. If there have been repeated offenses to it, then a xenoban may be in store since they can't handle the role's roleplay requirements.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.

I'd pm the command staff player and remind him that the marines don't have the knowledge of the xenos yet. Players also do not have the knowledge of the xenos or their functions from a previous round.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

This would be an IC issue in my eyes. It makes a lot of sense in character to kill in order to save themselves, although disgracing themselves and the brotherhood they joined in the act. If there were several evac pods remaining in the vicinity then there would be an issue, but from the question prompted it didn't seem like a problem.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

I'd CKey myself into the squad leader and cryo them. Their notes would be checked prior to doing this, if this was a recurring issue then I'd shoot them a message on Byond and recommend that they cryo before disconnecting or adminhelp if it's urgent that they must leave. A note would be applied to the account that this had occurred.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.

I'd let them know over the staffchat that ‘X’ is the correct information regarding the subject, or I'd give my view of the situation. If needed the corresponding head could be messaged to clarify the situation for my sake, or theirs.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.

This'd best be handled by messaging the head staff member they're under, but I'd shoot a message in mSay that I believe that the staff CoC is being breached and as to why.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.

I'd PM the player that's bashing the other to tell them to knock it off. If they have reoccuring offenses a short ban is due. The bashed player would be PM'd that the situation is handled. HOWEVER, if it's friendly banter between the two and it's obvious I'd leave it be.

I personally don’t see an issue with players bashing another server until they started getting really hostile to other players or the comments are in bad taste. People are entitled to their own opinions, but they shouldn’t start shit with other players that enjoy said server.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

Unfortunately this is extremely common, especially with how powerful shotguns and other weapons can be with attachments. I'd tell the player that most likely it was an accident, but I'd keep an eye on the player for future behavior of a similar sort. I'd watch the player after checking their notes for a while to see if the situation would repeat itself. More likely than not it was an unfortunate accident. I would suggest to the player through an SM to get the body to a medic such as, “Man…. I really feel bad about killing that marine. Maybe I should try to rectify what I’ve done.

Additional information:
While I did moderate for CM for quite some time, TG is fairly different. So an adjustment period of sorts would definitely be needed just to get a really good feel of the TGMC staff environment. From what I've heard from one of my friends on the server would be that I'd probably enjoy the staff environment and general experience from playing the server that I have been missing from CM for a while. I've only just recently started to play TGCM, so I'm not expecting this application to move quickly and I'd encourage the app to be left sitting until people become more familiar with me and my mentality as a player. I look forward to hearing back from y'all!

Urytion
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Urytion

Re: [Kerek] - Administrator Application

Postby Urytion » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:11 pm #486166

Hey Firebug. Long time no see. A few responses.

Q&A
Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

While it's a very IC situation, if it seemed to just be an accident that ended with him getting screwed over, especially with all the new players currently, I'd probably SM the MPs to have a change of heart when it comes to brigging the player followed by an SM to the player, "Man, I really should be more careful when handling a firearm."

I like this response. What if it were more than one shot? Not enough to kill, but enough that it may not have been an accident.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

It'd really depend on how the round got to this moment in time. Did the marines attempt to regain ground previously and failed miserably? Did the same thing happen for the xenos? Depending on the powers of an admin, I feel like giving the marines an ERT, should the Captain message High Command when prompted, and give the xenos a few members to boost their numbers followed by a message for the xenos to finish their assault.

You do indeed have all of these powers. We don't tier our admins as much as some servers, so there are very few powers administrators do not have.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

This would be a breach of escalation, and is quite unfair to the dead player. There's a lot of things that are worth getting hit over, but it takes an awful lot to get killed over something. I'd talk to both players about what had happened, and would probably give the dead player an aheal. Depending on the first player's response he'd either get a warning followed by IC repercussions or a short ban for a first offense.

If you decided that a ban was unnecessary, would you note the incident?

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

I'd check the notes of the player. When this did happen on CM they were generally throw-away accounts that were purely used to grief. I'm not 100% certain on the approach here on TG, but I'd probably ban said player for a day and arrange an aheal for the players that were killed or injured. Space Gods be praised.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.

I'd pm the command staff player and remind him that the marines don't have the knowledge of the xenos yet. Players also do not have the knowledge of the xenos or their functions from a previous round.

Which rule is this in violation of?

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

This would be an IC issue in my eyes. It makes a lot of sense in character to kill in order to save themselves, although disgracing themselves and the brotherhood they joined in the act. If there were several evac pods remaining in the vicinity then there would be an issue, but from the question prompted it didn't seem like a problem.

What would you say to the dead player if they ahelp and are upset about their death?

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

I'd CKey myself into the squad leader and cryo them. Their notes would be checked prior to doing this, if this was a recurring issue then I'd shoot them a message on Byond and recommend that they cryo before disconnecting or adminhelp if it's urgent that they must leave. A note would be applied to the account that this had occurred.

This is a good answer, but I just wanted to say we have a cryo button on the player panel so we can immediately move someone to cryo without needing to jump into their body. :)

I'd PM the player that's bashing the other to tell them to knock it off. If they have reoccuring offenses a short ban is due. The bashed player would be PM'd that the situation is handled. HOWEVER, if it's friendly banter between the two and it's obvious I'd leave it be.

I personally don’t see an issue with players bashing another server until they started getting really hostile to other players or the comments are in bad taste. People are entitled to their own opinions, but they shouldn’t start shit with other players that enjoy said server.

Where would you draw the line on both instances?

Overall, I do quite like these answers. They're pretty solid, and I know you have an understanding of moderation from CM. Since you'd be an admin here if successful you'd have to learn some more advanced tools, and the new tools we ported from other servers, but that can all be learned on the go.

If I may ask, why did you leave Colonial Marines?

-Tracee

LaKiller8
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: LaKiller8

Postby LaKiller8 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:35 pm #486167

Hello, thank you for showing interest and applying! Ury managed to go into your answers pretty well in detail, so I'll talk about something else.

I've been checking your activity and so far you have connected here exactly once, which is a little worrying, your Discord activity is also null. There are no mandatory time limits before you are allowed to apply, but the time you spend here serves more for you - if you'd be comfortable working here, if you're comfortable with how things are handled here. For that I'd recommend that we leave this application open for a while, so that you can get used to how things are done here.

What do you say?

Kerek

Postby Kerek » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:21 am #486227

Urytion wrote:Hey Firebug. Long time no see. A few responses.

Q&A
Spoiler:

I like this response. What if it were more than one shot? Not enough to kill, but enough that it may not have been an accident.

I'd check the player's notes, and see if it'd happened before. Checking the times on the time in between the shots also helps a fair bit. If it's three, then it could've been a rifle on burst, but if it's like 2, 4, 6 etc then I'd message the player and check what happened to see if the story matches up with the damage done. Depending on the player's response, their mentality when responding to me, notes(signifying if they're a new player or not) and if they happened to be guilty. Should they be guilty and it was a conscious decision then the player may be met with a short ban for a first time offense, a note, or a slightly harsher ban.

You do indeed have all of these powers. We don't tier our admins as much as some servers, so there are very few powers administrators do not have.

Good to know!

If you decided that a ban was unnecessary, would you note the incident?

All incidents are noted, I'm fond of verbal warnings for new players with a good mentality since notes can give the wrong impression on a player when they're handled in the future if it's something exceptionally minor.

Which rule is this in violation of?

Metaknowledge

What would you say to the dead player if they ahelp and are upset about their death?

I'd tell them while it is unfortunate, it makes a GREAT deal of sense from an IC standpoint. In a real life standpoint you had to make the choice of saving your own life at the expense of the other, or have to most likely suffer an extremely painful and slow death. More than likely, you'd choose to save yourself over the other poor laddie. If they wanted to avoid a situation in the future, they could always launch the pod preemptively or hop in a pod before they had the chance to even escalate the situation.

This is a good answer, but I just wanted to say we have a cryo button on the player panel so we can immediately move someone to cryo without needing to jump into their body. :)

Oh that's awesome! God bless the code gods!

Where would you draw the line on both instances?

Once a player is beginning to feel attacked and offended, which can appear very blatant in a conversation. Most players would rather defend themselves directly instead of sending in an ahelp for the mighty spess men godchildren to take over the situation. Playful banter and just insulting someone is fairly different, and a lot of the time the two will engage in similar comments of a fairly innocent manner to each other.

And someone can voice a dislike to a server, but the moment other players begin to get upset because someone is bashing one of their favorite servers, it begins to ruin a fun environment for other players. Say I really liked goon station, but someone absolutely DESPISED the place and their clown shenanigans. While at first it's not really much, but if a player continues to insult a server while other players are beginning to get upset is when I'd step in and defuse the situation.

Overall, I do quite like these answers. They're pretty solid, and I know you have an understanding of moderation from CM. Since you'd be an admin here if successful you'd have to learn some more advanced tools, and the new tools we ported from other servers, but that can all be learned on the go.

If I may ask, why did you leave Colonial Marines?

I left colonial marines for something different. A lot of it was because of the staff team. A lot of the current people I didn't really enjoy the company of and some people I really disliked their interpretation of the rules. While CM has been my home for nearly 3 years of playtime, I feel like it was finally time to leave the server I had once loved dearly for something new. From the very brief time I've been here, and stories from a friend of mine aboard the staff team has really enticed me to come to the server.

-Tracee

Kerek

Postby Kerek » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:24 am #486228

LaKiller8 wrote:Hello, thank you for showing interest and applying! Ury managed to go into your answers pretty well in detail, so I'll talk about something else.

I've been checking your activity and so far you have connected here exactly once, which is a little worrying, your Discord activity is also null. There are no mandatory time limits before you are allowed to apply, but the time you spend here serves more for you - if you'd be comfortable working here, if you're comfortable with how things are handled here. For that I'd recommend that we leave this application open for a while, so that you can get used to how things are done here.

What do you say?

That sounds just fine to me, I only joined the discord server last night to see if I could find some more information and get a good view of the community you guys have built. I really don't want to be accepted until I've accumulated some more time on the server until I've obtained a good grasp of the server, it's metas, and just get myself known in the community before someone ends up talking to some random nobody that managed to get aboard the staff team. The only reason I applied so soon is just because of my excitement for the project, and a greenlight from my lengthy conversation I had with Rohesie last night about the server and it's staff team. Thanks for taking a look at my application on such a short notice!

Edit : My time on the server will be a little low since I'm fairly busy with school, work, and balancing my social life, but over time I'll get a good view of the server y'all've worked on. I don't mind if this app ends up sitting for a while. It may take that long for y'all to really see who I am, and so I can get a good grasp of the server itself. I feel like I reiterated myself a little bit there, but that's fine and dandy to me.

LaKiller8
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: LaKiller8

Postby LaKiller8 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:25 pm #486264

Kerek wrote:Which rule is this in violation of?

Metaknowledge

Could you quote the specific part of the rule?

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:18 pm #486282

Welcome around!

You haven't been here indeed, and it shows by some answers. That's part of why playtime and community presence is important, if not mandatory, as we are pretty different in some regards than CM and /tg/.

Kerek wrote:I did receive a permanent ban from Yogstation ages ago due to being in a YouTube video with some friends I met through the game long ago. I was banned for metacommunication, but the ban has since been lifted.

Tell me, someone asks you in a private discord, in voice or text chat, if you are playing in the server, as they'd like to jump in, but you are dead. What do you answer?

And on a different question, a friend of yours is commenting on currently-ongoing IC events on the round. They don't seem to have a big impact, and it's mostly shitposting/laughing about it, though they are playing. Would you do anything about it?

Kerek wrote:4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

I'd inform the player that while they may've used it here and elsewhere with no issues before, currently it's in violation of one of our rules. I'd recommend that he change it, but I'd encourage a PM to whoever would have the authority to make a decision on the name.

I'll give you 3 names and you decide if you'd approach them or consider them fair game: a marine called Immo Late, a synth called Hound, a xeno called Rapes-the-face.

Kerek wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

IC Issue regarding the gear. The MPs can handle the breach in uniform for the current security level. If the player attempts to deploy, then it becomes my issue. I'd PM them asking them as to what they were planning on doing, and if they knew the purpose of their job and the rules regarding deployment. If the player just wanted to play squad marine and screwed up, I'd ask them to cryo and then ghost. If they had done a bunch of work in Engineering prior to the offense then they’d be left in the role with the recommendation of finishing the round in the role or cryo and ghost.

The MT tries to deploy and when you bwoink him they tell you they are helping build FOB, because there's a lack of engineers. They demand to know which rule they are breaking. What then?

Kerek wrote:7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

I'd PM them for disrupting the round with dickish behavior. Depending on the player’s notes a warning or short ban would due.

The player is angered and claims they haven't hurt anyone. They demand to know which rule they've broken. What then?

Kerek wrote:9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

TGMC is a 'Hugbox' server, so I'd tell the players to knock it off. While they were having fun, they shouldn't be ruining the enjoyment of one player for their own enjoyment.

One player disagrees with the request, telling you they were being ironic. That it was just humor. They demand to know which... I think you see the pattern by now. Assume everyone rules-lawyer you asking for specifics.
Another says it's just IC roleplay, their char is racist but they are not, so it's fine.

Kerek wrote:11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

I'd PM the player and inquire the player as to why they had run directly into the frontlines while they were a larva. Depending on the player's note history and response it'd range from a warning to a xenoban.

The player says they tried to infiltrate into the dropship, as larvas are stealthier, so they could wreck havok into the metal hive, but they were found and killed. What then?

Kerek wrote:12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

I'd pm the player and ask them to stop with the LRP comments in hivemind. I'd then note the player. If there have been repeated offenses to it, then a xenoban may be in store since they can't handle the role's roleplay requirements.

The player says there's nothing wrong in the rules about it. Demands to know what they are breaking. What then?

Kerek

Postby Kerek » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:19 am #488797

LaKiller8 wrote:
Kerek wrote:Which rule is this in violation of?

Metaknowledge

Could you quote the specific part of the rule?

I believe it would be : Do not use information gained outside of in character means. Granted this could be completely wrong, but the marines wouldn't have had contact with the xenos prior to landing. This does mainly reference metacomming, but I believe that it could apply to this situation.

Kerek

Postby Kerek » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:38 am #488803

Rohesie wrote:Welcome around!

You haven't been here indeed, and it shows by some answers. That's part of why playtime and community presence is important, if not mandatory, as we are pretty different in some regards than CM and /tg/.

Kerek wrote:I did receive a permanent ban from Yogstation ages ago due to being in a YouTube video with some friends I met through the game long ago. I was banned for metacommunication, but the ban has since been lifted.

Tell me, someone asks you in a private discord, in voice or text chat, if you are playing in the server, as they'd like to jump in, but you are dead. What do you answer?

Personally, I don't see an issue with talking with some friends while playing a game. I believe that it can enhance the experience, and conversations don't have to revolve around the game and current actions. Of course comments of frustration may occur, but I don't think it would be an issue as long as it isn't acted upon.

And on a different question, a friend of yours is commenting on currently-ongoing IC events on the round. They don't seem to have a big impact, and it's mostly shitposting/laughing about it, though they are playing. Would you do anything about it?

It depends on the situation. If it was in a chat full of people, then it'd have a different weight than if it was pming it to me whilst both of us were dead. It would be information available to the both of us regardless, so I don't have an issue with it. If it was providing information to the other players currently in-game then I would request them to stop. If they didn't then I'd give them a short ban for a first offense.

Kerek wrote:4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

I'll give you 3 names and you decide if you'd approach them or consider them fair game: a marine called Immo Late, a synth called Hound, a xeno called Rapes-the-face.

Hound - Fine, its a reasonable name for a synth to have.
Immo Late - While it's a play on words, I don't think that it breaks any rules. It's silly, but word play is innocent and fun until it starts approaching 18+ content or isn't tasteful.
Rapes-the-Face - This would border an 18+ infraction in my opinion, and it's not a description of an alien as the rules cite. I'd PM the player requesting that they ghost, change their name through the start menu available to ghosts, then once they complete that I'd place them back in. Their name would be reset to default and a note would be applied to them.

Kerek wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

The MT tries to deploy and when you bwoink him they tell you they are helping build FOB, because there's a lack of engineers. They demand to know which rule they are breaking. What then?

I'd ask for the person that granted them permission to deploy to the planet, pm them, confirm the story and bid them a fair day. Furthermore, I would make sure someone was left behind to make sure that Engineering would be able to maintain itself as the rules requests, as I understand. That could mean that if it was set up then they would be free to deploy. If they happened to be doing so without permission, I would refer them to Rule Precedents 5-4. A note would be applied to the account.

Kerek wrote:7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

The player is angered and claims they haven't hurt anyone. They demand to know which rule they've broken. What then?

I'd direct them to Rule Precedents 1-2. It's unprovoked grief to other players.

Kerek wrote:9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

One player disagrees with the request, telling you they were being ironic. That it was just humor. They demand to know which... I think you see the pattern by now. Assume everyone rules-lawyer you asking for specifics.
Another says it's just IC roleplay, their char is racist but they are not, so it's fine.

Rule 1 : Racism isn't tolerated even if it is meant to be IC.

Kerek wrote:11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

The player says they tried to infiltrate into the dropship, as larvas are stealthier, so they could wreck havok into the metal hive, but they were found and killed. What then?

Unless the player had permission from the queen, then it wouldn't be allowed. While it's a likely story, it could also be grief with an innocent reason on top of it.

Kerek wrote:12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

The player says there's nothing wrong in the rules about it. Demands to know what they are breaking. What then?

I believe that Rule 3 would best be applied, and Rule 0 in a way. It breaches a bit of the roleplay environment. I'm more referring to the "Reeeee" for LRP, but the Ayyylmao would breach the Rule Precedents 3-3.

---
I apologize for taking so long to get to this, I've been a bit busy as of late. This includes discord and game activity. Generally around the summer I'll probably become more active as the server isn't hosted late currently. If you've any more questions feel free to ask!

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Postby Rohesie » Sat May 04, 2019 1:12 am #492069

Hey, it's been over a month now, and we haven't seen much from you around.
Are you interested? You can always withdraw your application and re-do it at another time when you find the time and interest, at no loss.

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Postby Rohesie » Sat May 18, 2019 9:05 pm #494476

Two weeks have passed since the my last question, without answer, and there have been no changes. I'll assume you are busy and not interested, as you've been around in other servers.
The application is denied due to lack of activity. Feel free to re-apply at a later date.

Return to TGMC Closed Applications