[ADMIN] Tennessee116

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Tennessee116

Byond Username: Tennessee116

[ADMIN] Tennessee116

Postby Tennessee116 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:20 am #579222

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Tennessee116
Character name(s): Tennessee Watson, Terrance Winslow, Timur Something
Timezone: Central Daylight Time, Chicago Time, whatever you call it
Discord tag: Tennessee116#2223
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: NSV13 trialmin, BeeStation trialmin, Fallout New Bingus Admin
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: I recently hit my one year anniversary. I play TGMC occasionally, but not a lot.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Baystation 12, poor RP gimmick and unrecallable but extant usage of the word 'nibba'
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: Baystation 12, unrecallable but extant usage of the word 'nibba', was successfully appealed.
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I have experience, and well, Hughgent yelled at me to apply. You think I'm joking?
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? I'd say, from personal experience, I can likely improve how much the community hates me from none to total. That is the only guarantee.
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? I hold players to the same standard I hold salad. Salads should not cause bwoinks, be flaring red, or cause giant explosions. Their judgements should be determined best by what flavor of salad are they. If you known Caesar has a knack for 11 knives in the back of another human, then you'd know their judgement when stabbing the entire Alamo with 30 machetes he packed in his rucksack.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? Admin events? I'm not really the best at them. A good metric is the People Pinging You Post Round Index.

As the level of pings go up, the quality of the admin event goes down.

I'd consider the current attitude of the players at the time when running an event, and I would not run them often.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? Most enjoyable, asking people if they got a minute. Least enjoyable, people saying they don't when they play this game for hours straight.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? Once I have successfully hijacked the admin cabal and ran an undemocratic vote to restore TGMC's name to DMCA.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
MPs exist?
2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
I'd bwoink and ask if they're new, while checking the player panel. If they are, I'll get them on track.
3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
The day has come, it may not be real, but Karen is upon me. I'd probably ping a higher ranking staff member and tell them what's up, and take it from there. A situation like this is extremely fluid depending on why they are actually being in an ahelp.
4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
I'd tell them that like licensing, servers have different rules, no matter how batshit ridiculous.
5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I assume ST means Ship Tech in this context. I'd subtle message them that maybe it's not a good idea to uselessly carry a rifle around.
6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
Queen Mother overwhelming invasion, or TerraGov nuking. Each with a timed 'delay'.
7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
I'd bwoink and asks what's up. Then I will hand out necessary (if need be) punishment. Again, like the rest of these, its EXTREMELY fucking fluid. New player? Just random shitposter? Context is always essential.
8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
I'd tell him that what he did is over-escalation. I'd again, hand out necessary punishment.
9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
I'd smoothly redirect the IC to not be in the racism zone.
10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
I am assuming y'all have a DC-ban policy. So permaban with the label 'Appeal if you wish to explain', usual buisness.
11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
I'd bwoink them, asks why they rushed to the frontlines, maybe give them a stern warning not to waste xeno slots.
12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
I'd IC subtle message that the Queen Mother doesn't like those words.
13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
I dunno about this. I'm pretty sure it ain't against the rules.
14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
I'd still mark over-escalation, however this seems unlikely. Theoretically you can fit infinite people on the evac pod if people lay down.
15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I'd probably take direct control and cryo him.
16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I'd asay or ping in adminbus, asks what's up with that. If I'm wrong, then I'd apologize. If they're wrong, I'd at least nudge em to tell them to correct themselves to the player.
17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
I'd immediately report to the head honcho(s).
18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
I'd tell them to cool it, and if they refuse, I'd bwoink.
19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
I'd look into the suspect's history. If they don't have a history, I'd believe em. If they do, I'd pester them real hard, and maybe hand out punishment. Still, I'd mark a note. I'd also do a tad bit of divine intervention and raise him from the dead to semi-crit.

I don't think I looked over this, it's 9 at night, and this was done over a joke from one of your coders. Send help.

Best regards, your unknown friend, Tennessee.

EDIT: And I don't remember the last time I played TGMC.

ALSO EDIT: Hugh if you get me banned from the tg forums...

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: [ADMIN] Tennessee116

Postby terranaut » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:29 am #579377

Hi, after review we've decided not to accept this. Thank you for applying.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications