Rekser

Byond Username: Rekser

[ADMIN] Rekser

Postby Rekser » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:43 pm #597510

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Rekser, Kheign
Character name(s): Roland Easter, CM-M-Something, Bruce Torres
Timezone: GMT-3
Discord tag: Rekser#3842
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: No, nada.
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: For around 4 years
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Well i believe i was banned on this one, only within that span, once because of OOC talk in IC
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: No
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? Perhaps not perfect. But i think i could be as reliable as any of the staff members
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? Perhaps in terms of being less attached to the game. Like not taking my game as seriously as the fun of others
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? Being bold and reckless just to help or save others or personally feel the urge to follow the other till the bitter end. Perhaps judgements should be determined on why or when they did it, things of the past are things of the past, people change and learn from their mistakes and errors.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? Is it fun? will it spice up the round? will people get mad if i do this? Those are the things i think if i were to do an event, and i would run them rarely, atleast once per month
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? Perhaps experimenting and offering traits to faction sides, objectives or even other enemies to fight. And i think i will find least enjoyable to get into trouble without knowing what i did while doing the previously said.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? Perhaps out of boredom, or stress, or just life circumstances. And yeah, i do think i will.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

Check the logs and talk to the both sides to determine if it was an accident. If it was an accident and the MPs overreacted I would give them a direct message or a fax or something to release them. If they are just a troublemaker then I would issue a warning if a first or second time offence, but a temp ban if they tend to shoot at people often over disagreements or something.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.

Would give them an ADPM, telling them where to start and how to play. If attempts of communication don't work i might aswell spawn as a mob, drag them to prep and point aggresively at everything they need

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

If there is a HR member available I would contact them about the ahelp and let them decide whether or not they need to come or if I can handle the solution they provide. If there is no one I would tell the person to post about it on the forums or the discord.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

Instant ADPM the moment i notice it and tell them to read the rules to clariffy and ask them for another name change. I tell them that each server has their own set of rules and guidelines.

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

I would ADPM them about wearing equipment intended for groundside and that it goes against the guidelines of their role. Would note their behaviour to the response. If it's for a gimmick that i am able to understand i would allow it to an extent. If i receive a bad answer might temp roleban and tell them to play any of the other roles intended for combat

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

Tell marines directly trough Announcements that there's a nuke in X location and they must retrieve it and activate it for a round end, while the xenos (If possible) get 1200 point for another spawn pool. Making confrontation inevitable

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

Aslong as it's just a prank between them i don't interfere. If it escalates from that i am gonna bwoink the dude disarming people

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

Tell them that next time they need to ahelp and note the marine, and perhaps rejuvenate the other dude aslong as they weren't asshole levels of being a dick. In case of being legitimate (somehow) i would just let it slide.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

Man up. And deal with it. Well, also depends on how they are saying this or with which context they are talking about this. If they are indeed harassing a minority/ethnicity/race they are all getting bwoinked and noted. If continued they get banned.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

Perma-ban until they appeal.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

Talk with the player, if they were just lagging or somehow got stuck into going near the front i would let it slide. If they were doing so with premeditated knowledge they are getting noted or even temporarily banned from playing xeno in that round.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

I would remind them to read rule 3 of the main rule section. If they continue to do this i note em.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.

I mean, aslong as it doesn't conflict with it's character RP, such as being a fresh PVT and they are ironically talking about that with a friend or someone else it's fine.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

''Bruh, you know you could just lay on the ground, right? still sweat RP ill give you that'' and note them about murdering another marine in a RP manner.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

Roleban, Ghost it for ghost use (god forbid it's a newbie). If they were to explain directly trough ahelp or even discord i would consider lifting the roleban. If it were to be a constant doing of them. I would note them.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.

Tell them over msay that they should have said X, obviously without intent of make them feel uncomfortable or dumb found

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.

Screen it/Record their actions, send as proof and report them. If they were to be blatantly hindering with the round i would do all of i can do with my powers to stop them from doing so.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.

ADPM them about what they are doing and note them for future reference, mute ooc briefly if they continue or even spam, and perhaps mute them from using OOC for the rest of the round.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

Examine the logs and determine if it was an accident from different points of view, what type of weapon were they using, if they could had used aim mode. And if the ruling decides they were at fault. They get noted and the player reporting gets rejuvenated, if it were the opposite i would tell the player ahelping it was friendly fire and it's unavoidable aspect of the game to happen.
🙊
Last edited by Rekser on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texicos

Byond Username: Texicos

Re: [ADMIN] Rekser

Postby Texicos » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:36 pm #597661

+1

Slotbot

Byond Username: Slotbot

Postby Slotbot » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:37 pm #597662

+10

Sney

Byond Username: K7331

Postby Sney » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:25 pm #597755

+1

Lewdcifer
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Lewdcifer

Postby Lewdcifer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 pm #597768

Hello! Thank you for applying, and for your interest in joining our staff team.
Before I state our decision, I would first like to offer some feedback based on your responses.

Example scenario #3: A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
Rekser wrote:If there is a HR member available I would contact them about the ahelp and let them decide whether or not they need to come or if I can handle the solution they provide. If there is no one I would tell the person to post about it on the forums or the discord.

As per Rule 6, players have to respect your ruling in-game. If they don't, then they're breaking that rule. If they have any issues with your ruling, you can redirect them to our appeals forum, where they may make an appeal or a complaint.

Example scenario #5: You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
Rekser wrote:I would ADPM them about wearing equipment intended for groundside and that it goes against the guidelines of their role. Would note their behaviour to the response. If it's for a gimmick that i am able to understand i would allow it to an extent. If i receive a bad answer might temp roleban and tell them to play any of the other roles intended for combat

We do not have any rules set that prevent a shipside role from carrying a gun with them, even if they're not deploying or if they never use it. However, it is definitely something to look out for, since this Ship Technician could very well be planning to deploy or open fire on other players, both cases being against the rules.

Example scenario #7: A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
Rekser wrote:Aslong as it's just a prank between them i don't interfere. If it escalates from that i am gonna bwoink the dude disarming people

While not inherently incorrect as a response, do note that repeatedly disarming people and stealing their gear counts as minor grief. You, as an admin, could bwoink them for that reason alone.

Example scenario #9: There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
Rekser wrote:Man up. And deal with it. Well, also depends on how they are saying this or with which context they are talking about this. If they are indeed harassing a minority/ethnicity/race they are all getting bwoinked and noted. If continued they get banned.

Rule 1 states that any form of harassment, hate speech, bigotry, racism, homophobia and/or sexism are not allowed here. As a mere suggestion, you could consider bwoinking the responsible people and letting those nearby know via LOOC that it's not okay.

Example scenario #15: You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
Rekser wrote:Roleban, Ghost it for ghost use (god forbid it's a newbie). If they were to explain directly trough ahelp or even discord i would consider lifting the roleban. If it were to be a constant doing of them. I would note them.

Jumping directly to a roleban is a tad bit too excessive, I would say, especially if it's a new player. You could instead leave them a note and a message so they know what they did wrong. If they do it again, then you could consider a roleban.

Example scenario #17: You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
Rekser wrote:Screen it/Record their actions, send as proof and report them. If they were to be blatantly hindering with the round i would do all of i can do with my powers to stop them from doing so.

Any form of proof is most appreciated. However, I'd advise against using your powers to compete with the admin. In this case, you should immediately report it to a head administrator and let them handle it.

With all of this feedback in mind, the opinions of other administrators, and some of your more recent notes, I've decided to deny this application.
I would suggest becoming more familiar with the rules, and heeding the feedback offered in the above section. Should you still have an interest in joining our staff team, you may try to apply again one month later.

Have a good one.

Return to TGMC Closed Applications