Just A Human Beings - Administrator Application

Moderators: In-Game Admin, In-Game Head Admins, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Just A Human Being

Byond Username: Just a Human Being

Just A Human Beings - Administrator Application

Postby Just A Human Being » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm #481219

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Just A Human Being

Character name(s): Jay Collins

Timezone: GMT +1

Discord tag: Just a Human Being#5031

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: nope

How familiar are you with our ruleset: about 8/10

How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general:TGMC about 1 and a half of a month SS13 for about 2 years

Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Nope

Have you ever received a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason:
the one an only permaban is a job ban on yogstation here's the ban

Spoiler:
You, or another user of this computer or connection (Just a Human Being) is banned from playing Head of Security.
The ban reason is: As HoS/acting Captain, ordered the death of a player he decided was a ling because 'she wasn't afraid of death'. Dead player was not in fact, a changling.
This ban (BanID #25302) was applied by Spl99 on 2018-06-10 09:19:51 during round ID 16615.
This is a permanent ban.

Why do you want to become an administrator: I heard we need more admins to host the server and i would like to learn how administrate

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:

Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

If the player shot doesn't ahelp it I would leave it because the MPs have already dealt with it
but if the player shot ahelped I would ask him why he did it and I would check his notes for earlier incidents if there are none then i leave a note

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.

i ask a mentor to help the lost player if theres no mentor online and i have nothing else do to i help the player

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

i tell the player to calm down and i try to find a higher up staff if none are there i tell the player that there is none and that he can go on the forums and discuss it

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

I tell the player that every server has a diffrent ruleset and i tell him to change his name the next round

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

its an IC situation so i leave it unless he isnt doing his job then i tell him to fix whatever is broken

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

As the marines have the numbers advantage i would tell them to go groundside and finish of the xenos using command annoucements if they wouldnt go i would send xenos some help and tell them to attack the marines

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

its an IC situation so i leave it unless its special equipment i tell him to stop

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

i tell the marine that he cant just kill somebody for punching him i check his notes for previous incidents and if there are none i leave it with note i also Aheal the killed marine

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

i tell the player thats offended that its IC if he still finds it offending i tell in OOC to turn down the racism

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

i would wait about 15 minutes if he wouldnt return i would ban him for about half a day if he would have previous notes that were major i would perma ban him also i would AHEAL all the marines killed

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

i would Ask the player why he did it after that i would tell him to no longer do it

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

minor amounts of memes are okay but if it would be a wall of text i would tell the xeno to turn down the memes

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.

nothing we dont have rules about that

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

well if it was roleplayed well i would leave it without anything unless the player killed would of ahelped and had an argument then i would leave a note

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

i Cryo the SL and leave a note if i see him another time i ask him for the reason

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.

i tell the staff member in ASAY the correct information

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.

i ask a the staff member why he is doing it and ask him to stop and i try to find a higher ranking staff member

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.

i tell them in OOC to stop if they dont stop i turn off OOC for some time and then turn it back on if they keep doing it i tell them to stop

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

Firstly i check the logs if it happend in combat and how many shots have been fired if it happend in combat it were not many shots i would leave it on the other hand if it was out of combat i would ask the why he did it and leave a note or even a ban if it turned out to be malicous i would aheal the player killed

Any additional information you want to provide: None

Just A Human Being

Re: Just A Human Beings - Administrator Application

Postby Just A Human Being » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:59 pm #481255

LaKiller8 wrote:Hello, thank you for showing interest and applying. Personally I haven't seen you much on our server (which is most likely due to me not noticing you rather than doubting your lack of playtime here) anyway I'll review your answers and ask you some further questions, since a lot of your answers are pretty short.

Just A Human Being wrote:I tell the player that every server has a diffrent ruleset and i tell him to change his name the next round

To give an extreme example, what if his name is XxxxxXxxxxXxxxxxaaaaaaa?

i would ask the player for a name to pick and then i would change it

Just A Human Being wrote:As the marines have the numbers advantage i would tell them to go groundside and finish of the xenos using command annoucements if they wouldnt go i would send xenos some help and tell them to attack the marines

This question can mean something different over time as numbers and balance shift, anyway imagine and come up with a solution to the following scenarios:
a)The marines are in the advantage but the xenos keep purposefully running away from every fight dragging the round.
b)The xenos have the advantage, have already won over LZ1, marines can redeploy without it being a suicide but the xenos keep delaying for way too long and refusing to launch.
c)It is a perfectly balanced scenario but both sides are avoiding each other.

a) i tell the xenos via queen mother to stop running away and fight without retreating

b) as the xenos have the advantage i would tell the xenos via queen mother to attack now or they talls may get stronger if they keep delaying i send a PMC squad to the marines

c) this is a tricky one i would try to get both sides to fight i would tell the marines that they need to eliminate the threat and the xenos that they need to fight for their survival or more talls will come

Just A Human Being wrote:its an IC situation so i leave it unless its special equipment i tell him to stop

There are no MPs present and this marine is disarming every single person in sight.

then i would pm him to stop it if he would continue i would put him to sleep and try to resolve it again

Just A Human Being wrote:i tell the player thats offended that its IC if he still finds it offending i tell in OOC to turn down the racism

Would you consider all forms of IC racism okay? If not, what are the comments you would tell the player are not against the rules?

its really hard to say anything without the context but i think i would consider racism that is more of a insult then joke to be not okay

Just A Human Being wrote:i would wait about 15 minutes if he wouldnt return i would ban him for about half a day if he would have previous notes that were major i would perma ban him also i would AHEAL all the marines killed

Would his name being Johny Jihadi, playing as an ethnic character and throwing grenades into briefing change your decision?

well i shouldnt change my ban its the same case just made a little more weirder i shouldnt rate somebody from their character

Just A Human Being wrote:i Cryo the SL and leave a note if i see him another time i ask him for the reason

What if he alreadyh as a history of this?

i would do the 3 strikes system if he would have 2 notes saying it i would SL job ban him

Just A Human Being wrote:i tell them in OOC to stop if they dont stop i turn off OOC for some time and then turn it back on if they keep doing it i tell them to stop

And if they still don't stop?

i would turn off OOC again and tell there can be consequences for their actions after that i would unmute OOC if they continued i would ban them for a hour

Urytion

Byond Username: Urytion

Postby Urytion » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:24 pm #481417

I have some responses to your questions.

Spoiler:
3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

i tell the player to calm down and i try to find a higher up staff if none are there i tell the player that there is none and that he can go on the forums and discuss it

What about your original ruling? Would it still stand?

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

As the marines have the numbers advantage i would tell them to go groundside and finish of the xenos using command annoucements if they wouldnt go i would send xenos some help and tell them to attack the marines

What you've said here isn't necessarily wrong, but do bear in mind that marines will usually have a numerical advantage unless they've had the absolute shit kicked out of them. That's just how the game is designed.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

i would wait about 15 minutes if he wouldnt return i would ban him for about half a day if he would have previous notes that were major i would perma ban him also i would AHEAL all the marines killed

Why so lenient? As a general rule, any person who kills multiple allies and then immediately logs is a very simple clear case of griefing. Many people would permaban on the spot without even waiting for their attempted return, myself included.

I have two other minor concerns:

You currently have an open mentor application. Why the change?

I don't mean to offend you, but your answers don't show off the greatest of English skills. Communication is very important, both in dealing with internal administration issues and in communicating rulings to players. Do you see this being an issue?

Just A Human Being

Postby Just A Human Being » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:13 pm #481458

Urytion wrote:I have some responses to your questions.

Spoiler:

What about your original ruling? Would it still stand?

yes it would still stand the player can complain on the forums

What you've said here isn't necessarily wrong, but do bear in mind that marines will usually have a numerical advantage unless they've had the absolute shit kicked out of them. That's just how the game is designed.

Why so lenient? As a general rule, any person who kills multiple allies and then immediately logs is a very simple clear case of griefing. Many people would permaban on the spot without even waiting for their attempted return, myself included.

you never know if someone had a bad day or someone has hijacked an account I think I would make the ban a lot longer

I have two other minor concerns:

You currently have an open mentor application. Why the change?

at first, I wanted to get mentor and after that, I wanted to make an application for admin but I didn't want to wait I asked on the discord if I should delete the other app and they said I could have 2 open at once so I left the mentor app untouched

I don't mean to offend you, but your answers don't show off the greatest of English skills. Communication is very important, both in dealing with internal administration issues and in communicating rulings to players. Do you see this being an issue?

I would say its a minor issue

Return to TGMC Closed Applications