[Fateweaver] - Administrator Application

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Fateweaver

Byond Username: Fateweaver

[Fateweaver] - Administrator Application

Postby Fateweaver » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:59 am #484813

ckey: Fateweaver
Character name(s): Random name, not consistent
Timezone: EST (active during late night)
Discord tag: fateweaver#1320

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner:
Yeah, I was an admin on this server from late 2011(?) to sometime in 2014 maybe I dunno, I was inactive by the end of 2014 I don't know when I was deadminned but it was justified.

How familiar are you with our ruleset:
Very. I can't recite them from memory but short of specific policy precedents and exceptions (which I will know in a couple days probably) I know how to handle rules 0-10.

How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general:
See previous experience, and maybe the last week or so.

Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason:
Nope

Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason:
No and I honestly don't remember ever being banned for anything.

Why do you want to become an administrator:
I really enjoy observing rounds to this day, and it's a passion of mine to help facilitate other peoples' fun and hobbies. I work in a game store for this very reason, I like finding solutions to problems and making sure everyone is having fun within the boundaries of acceptable behavior.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
Assuming I just noticed this without an adminhelp, and nothing else is pressing at the time, I would investigate their chat logs, the victim's chat logs, combat logs etc, check any notes the players have associated with their key, and if it seems completely random or even malicious, watch the attacker in observer form for a bit while considering PMing them for a brief and friendly chat to make sure they understand the rules. If they seem new, tell them to read the rules and be more considerate because we're all players here. If they seem like an asshole that did it on purpose, ban them for 24 hours.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
If I don't recognize their ckey I would check their status logs to see if they've been fucked with or are just a meandering lad. If they've been fucked with I would check other logs to find out who and what and how, because careless action could impact the round. If it's a rando who doesn't seem to know what's going on and nothing happened to them, I would be surprised and impressed because disrobing in this game is not simple, but most likely leave them alone and maybe subtlemessage a nearby player that a lost lamb needs their help, giving the players a chance to interact and maybe even become friends.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
See if any senior administrators are readily available and feel inclined to deal with it, if not tell them they're as high up as they can go right now and take any further complaints to the forum.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
Different servers have different rules. We're not Baystation our name policy is very lenient and it's not unreasonable to tell somebody named "Fuckis McN*****" to change their name.

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
Sorry I'm not hip with the lingo these days, I'm assuming MT is a sec officer. If nothing else is happening I would follow them and see what they're doing. As a rule, I prefer to wait and see if they have the intention of doing anything really harmful. This is not explicitly against the rules, since rule 2 is deliberately vague like the rest, and I would likely try to wait until he does something else because getting admin PMed is very startling and can really take you out of a round, and I think it's important to consider the round quality of the people you suspect may be about to break a rule. If they do something genuinely problematic, PM them and have a nice chat about preemptive arms escalation in addition to whatever they did. If they don't, PM them either after they die or the round ends. If they're gone by then I don't consider it a big deal.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
Think for a bit, see what could plausibly get the marines to attack since they have numbers advantage. Maybe make a centcomm announcement that if the xenomorphs aren't all confirmed clean within 8 minutes we're setting off the station's nuclear device (that may or may not actually exist) to contain it. Whatever I did, if anything, it would not involve directly affecting game objects or creating weaponry etc. I don't generally consider it a duty to ensure the rounds are active for everyone, and this is 18 people who may well be enjoying themselves in their roles. But if they clearly aren't, I would probably do that thing I said.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
"Hey cut that out." consider job-ban if they get aggressive.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
Check combat and chat logs to confirm/deny, if the dead marine instigated it physically let em rot per escalation rules, if not ban the survivor for 28 hours (24 for murder, 4 for lying to me how did you expect to get away with this)

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
If the 9 players appear to be in good spirits and not deliberately trying to bother the 10th player, explain to the offended party that they aren't breaking any rules and they should try to handle the situation in-character, maybe taking it up with the Head of Personnel, department head, etc. If some of the 9 players seem to be leading the others to bait the 10th player, check logs and investigate for metagrudging.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Permaban with instructions to post on the forum and explain themselves pending ban adjustment.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Make sure they understand the xenomorph lifecycle and weren't just a casualty of ignorance. If it seems deliberate, PM them to ask why they suicided. If they seem like a nice lad, ask them to put effort in for the other players' sakes. If they seem like a jerk, tell them they're violating rule 5 and attempt to convince them they should follow it in the future. If they stay belligerent somehow ban them for an hour to cool off and make a player note that they don't understand rule 5.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
Just PM them they should chill the memes and they're bordering on OOC in IC. It's cool to shitpost in chat a little bit but be more subtle. Have some pride.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
I mean this is a fair assumption for a given planet, players are explicitly entitled to know about mechanics and antagonists IC, but if they get too specific it's getting into metagaming and we would have a chat.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
This question presupposes to me that the killer is justified in their murder, so if the dead player adminhelped it I would (after investigating the relevant logs) apologize and say you can't win em all.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
Jobban. If they complain about it on the forum, great, we can figure out what happened and if they left intentionally. If they complain in game, direct to forum, or if I'm on and recognize them, try to resolve it then. If they don't complain, nothing of value was lost.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
asay the correct information and/or check the wiki in case I'm wrong, that happens a lot. I would consider it rude to butt into whatever they were doing but I do want to make sure they at least know what they're saying.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
Talk to them in asay and see if they're doing it on purpose and intentionally being a shitlord, which is really very rare so I'd be surprised. I have a very strong presumption of innocence in general so I would just bring it up with management/headmin/whoever is directly above them and let that person decide what to do. Provide testimony as requested, admins aren't special and I am living proof that we can be huge pieces of shit sometimes (or all the time). If it's server host I would mention it to headmin so they can talk about it.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
OOC Hey be civil no pitchforks please

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
Try my best to determine using available resources if it was actually an accident, ask other nearby players for testimony, that sort of thing. If it was an accident or seems murky, and the structural integrity of the round wouldn't be ruined by doing so, revive the dead player and use admin tools to reverse the situation as cleanly as possible. If it seems deliberate, ban the offender for 24h.

Any additional information you want to provide:
I love 2d space mans, but I don't love playing it. I love watching it, I love hearing stories, I love talking to people and I love the sprites and the sounds and the bizarre recipes for disaster you can make out of almost literally nothing. I like listening to people complain about dumb shit and figuring out how and why the chemist beat the CMO to death with a bag of weed during Extended.
I don't expect any special consideration, most of you don't even know my name (thank god, I was such a piece of shit in 2012), but I hope you'll consider letting me trialmin.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Urytion

Byond Username: Urytion

Re: [Fateweaver] - Administrator Application

Postby Urytion » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:00 am #484868

Hi. Checking our database, I can't see any connections under the key "Fateweaver". Are you sure you intended to apply for admin on TGMC, or were you looking for the other TG servers?

Fateweaver

Byond Username: Fateweaver

Postby Fateweaver » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:41 pm #484986

Haha oh man I sure have made an ass of myself. Yeah I meant to go for /tg/station but couldn't find an appropriate board so I thought it must be here since I didn't get the distinction that the forum is shared by two teams somehow, even though it's divided pretty clearly. If anybody knows the proper channels I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'll figure it out and y'all can delete/archive this thread, sorry for the mixup.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 am #485505

Just to note, /tg/ proper isn't wholly closed off. You're welcome to express your desire to join the team, normally by contacting the "In-Game Head Admin" group via forum PM, but it's not a formal process such as TGMC has.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Return to TGMC Closed Applications