DarkBeyond - Administrator Application

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Kuro-ai

Byond Username: DarkBeyond

DarkBeyond - Administrator Application

Postby Kuro-ai » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:57 am #506639

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: DarkBeyond
Character name(s): Kuro Walker (marine); Zeno (Xeno)
Timezone: UTC -2
Discord tag: Kuro

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: No
How familiar are you with our ruleset:I'm pretty familiar with it
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: About 6 months ago,And I started on Tgmc about 4 months ago
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason:I was banned from Sybil TG for self antaging
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: Yes,I was permabanned from Citadel for self antaging
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin?I'm good at staying calm and not letting anything cloud my judgement,I believe I would be fair on handling any problems that arised.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? I could get better at being an engineer and a medic,I don't play those rules much
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined?I would judge a players actions based on the rules and I would hold them to the standards set by the rules
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? Like I said this would be my first time being an admin so I don't know how events work,I would ask help to more experienced admins but I wouldn't want to run events too much
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable?The best part would be the experience I would get from being an admin,the least enjoyable would be dealing with people that are being rude or breaking the rules on purpose
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough?Possibly for IRL reasons,Yes If I had enough I would be able to call quits

Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

Message the player and try to understand what happened,if the player was just new and made a mistake I would help him get a better grasp on the game,if did it on purpose I would just give him an warning,I would only give him a punishment if he broke the rules again

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.

Talk to the player and link them to the getting started section of our wiki,and inform him that if he needs any other help he could send a mentorhelp or ahelp

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

Tell them that I have all the tools necessary to help them and a higher ranking staff member intervention is not necessary

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

Inform the player that other servers have different rules and TGMC is a MRP server and his name is not fitting of our naming rules,then ask him again to change his name

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

Tell them that they're breaking immersion and that they shouldn't run around with that equipment without any justifiable IC reason

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

Perform an planet scan to try and motivate the marines to leave the ship,if they still don't leave it send a IC message to any commander available that if they don't attack they will be punished

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

Tell them to stop it,if they don't stop apply a ban based on the rules

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

Tell him to read our escalation rules and that is not proper escalation,apply a ban

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

Any kind of "edgy" humor is not tolerated on the server,warn him about it and if he keeps it up ban him based on rule 1

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

Apply a permaban,with a message saying he should go to the forums if he wants to get unbanned

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

I would tell them that instead of suiciding they should ahelp so an admin could give the spot to a ghost that is willing to play it

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

Ask him to stop,and that he should maintain immersion on the chat

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.

That is not against the rules,so leave him be

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

Murdering another marine is against the rules even if well roleplayed,I would apply a punishment and inform him that breaking the rules even if he roleplays it is not accepted

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

Offer the mob to a ghost

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.

Correct him in a private message without interfering on his adminhelp

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.

Report it to the headmin via discord with date,time and other details to help pinpoint the moment the abuse happened on the logs

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.

Give him an warning that this kind of behaviour is not welcome,and that we're not trying to buy fights with other servers,if he was bashing another player I would warn him about rule 1 and give him a ban

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

Give them a warning to be more carefull and revive the dead player

Kuro-ai

Re: DarkBeyond - Administrator Application

Postby Kuro-ai » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 am #506645

Would there be anyone more suitable to handle this kind of situation first?

Mentors would be more suited to help the new player

They politely ask you to quote a rule that prohibits said behavior.

I would quote rule 3:Keep a modicum of RP and separation between character and player. The server is intended to be MRP.;Follow the guidelines of the rank and species you are playing. This includes appropriate names and behavior.

Could you quote the rules about xenos that need to leave the game?

Rule 5
If you cannot play these roles and must leave use the hypersleep machine if human or just find a secure location and ghost as xeno, to free up the job slot, and make an attempt to inform other players ICly. If you for some reason can't make it, either ahelp or ping an administrator on Discord.

Would you still do it even if noone ahelped about it?

Yes,following rule 1 this kind of behaviour is not accepted on this server

Would you do anything else? What if it was the B18 spec and marines were heavily dominating?

If marines were heavily dominating and xenos were about to lose I wouldn't offer it to a ghost as it wouldn't impact marines too much anymore

What if the player was sorry about what he did?

I would say that harassing other players is still not accepted and that he shouldn't do it next time,would still apply the punishment but be more lenient since he's sorry about it

How would you personally differentiate between just a bwoink, a note, and a ban

Looked at the termiology;a Bwoink would be an admin message,a ban would be any ammount of time aplied that the player is forbidden from joining the server and notes would be any annotations that are kept about a player by an admin

What would you look for if you couldn't decide?

I would ask help to more experienced admins

Could the context and attitude of said player hold more weight than the rule they broke?

Yes and no,it depends on the rule they broke but in general I would consider the context over anything else

Also, regaring your past, could you provide more details about your bans? Is your citadel ban still active?

Citadel ban was permanent and I never had the interest of going back so it's still active,I was banned for welder bombing engineering,it was when I first started playing ss13 and I can say that I changed my atitude
The sybil ban was because of self antaging,I was the AI and had received a combat upgrade(gives access to malfunction abilities),someone messed with my laws and only left me with one that stated "do whatever but don't be an asshole",I made an interpretation out of it and activated the doomsday device,the admin didn't agree with me and gave me a one day ban,I didn't try to discuss or appeal to it and just waited the ban out
Last edited by Kuro-ai on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merryweather

Byond Username: Merryweather

Postby Merryweather » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:12 pm #506746

Hello, I have some questions as well about your replies, here they are.

I would quote rule 3

Which rule precedent exactly of rule 3?

If marines were heavily dominating and xenos were about to lose I wouldn't offer it to a ghost as it wouldn't impact marines too much anymore

You look back and notice that he logged off in the beginning of the round, naked. The SL role is a limited role of 4, what rule if there was one would this break, and could you quote the precedent as well? What action would you take after knowing of this?

I would say that harassing other players is still not accepted and that he shouldn't do it next time,would still apply the punishment but be more lenient since he's sorry about it

How long of a ban would you give them?

I was never an admin so I'm just gonna guess; a bwoink would be a perma ban,a note would be just a warning of some kind and a ban would be just some hours or days

One of your terminology is incorrect, luckily for you this exists, https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Terminology, read over it and revise your answer for bwoink. Brought it up because it'll be a thing you'll do a lot as an administrator.

Kuro-ai

Postby Kuro-ai » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:24 pm #506779

Which rule precedent exactly of rule 3?

Edited

You look back and notice that he logged off in the beginning of the round, naked. The SL role is a limited role of 4, what rule if there was one would this break, and could you quote the precedent as well? What action would you take after knowing of this?

It would break rule 5-Players in authority or limited roles require a minimum amount of effort and are held to higher standards.If you cannot play these roles and must leave use the hypersleep machine if human or just find a secure location and ghost as xeno, to free up the job slot, and make an attempt to inform other players ICly. If you for some reason can't make it, either ahelp or ping an administrator on Discord.
Knowing this I would give some time for the player to come back in case something happened that made him disconnect,if he didn't come back I would free up the slot and keep a note on the player in case he did it again as well as sending him a message explaining this rule to him so he wouldn't break it again

How long of a ban would you give them?

Breaking rule 1 is still pretty serious even if he's sorry about it,so I would give him a 3 days ban

One of your terminology is incorrect, luckily for you this exists, https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Terminology, read over it and revise your answer for bwoink. Brought it up because it'll be a thing you'll do a lot as an administrator.

I edited it,thanks for the tip

Kuro-ai

Postby Kuro-ai » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:20 pm #506950

The player tells you he thinks it's reasonable for him to be armed with the known and immiment xenomorph threat.

I explain that this being a MRP server we want to keep a level of immersion in the game,and while his character does know about the xenos he could not know about the fact that xenos could use the dropship to get to the almayer, therefore he should not be running around armed when the ship is on green alert

There is a part that talks about xenos in specific, can you find it?

I've read the rules over a lot of times but can't find a part that talks about xeno suicides in specific

Do you think you could appeal it and report back when done? Feel free to link to this app here and tell them to poke me if they need proof of your good history.

Not really interested in going back to citadel,unless having a permaban would look bad on a admin candidate I rather not appeal

Do you think the ban was undeserved?

I don't think it was undeserved,the correct thing to do was adminhelp it to know if I could really do it or not

Kuro-ai

Postby Kuro-ai » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:45 pm #506954

It would be very preferred if you could appeal. You don't have to play there if you don't want to, but having an active permanent is a pretty big red flag.

Edited to include link to my appeal https://citadel-station.net/forum/viewt ... f=8&t=2920

He quotes this part of the rules: "Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists"

I would quote the rule that says "Follow the guidelines of the rank and species you are playing. This includes appropriate names and behavior." and that running around with guns on a shipside role on a green alert with no current treath to the ship is not following proper behavior

"If you cannot play these roles and must leave use the hypersleep machine if human or just find a secure location and ghost as xeno, to free up the job slot"

Oh that one,I actually had already edited my answer to include that rule

Return to TGMC Closed Applications