[No longer admin] An0n3

ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: An0n3

Post by ColonicAcid » #49937

Bottom post of the previous page:

>

Bro the strongest deadlift is >1000 lbs. A strongman can outlift god its fucking confirmed.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #49955

youngbuckliontiger wrote:What's his youtube channel?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNhVu ... -q4UOqiTIw
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #50028

I've been in a bunch of dumb shit.

Want to see me eat two habanero peppers and throw up?

EDIT: The whole reason behind this project was that my friend Rob (the blonde guy) ran out of money while in college and couldn't afford food. So my other friend Tony (the guy with the mohawk) made a deal with him that he would buy him food, but whatever he bought him he had to eat all of it.

So he bought all this horrible shit and forced him to eat it on camera. We randomly went out one night and bought a huge bag of these fucking peppers and ate them raw without drinking or eating anything. You can see the results.

I fucking dare any of you guys to eat those things and then just sit there and endure it. It's goddamn nightmarish.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #50207

Anon make a video of you playin ss13 as an antagonist or a video of you just adminning and stuff.
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51536

If I made a video of adminning, like a ride-along kind of thing, it would quickly get really weird because of the sheer volume of player identifying stuff we see and how it would inherently corrupt anything that got done while I was there watching it or doing it.

The potential for so many things to get taken out of context trumps whatever sympathy it might generate for the plight of someone stuck trying to keep this insane enterprise sane.

Like earlier today I was playing as an engineer milling about setting up the engine, chilling in engineering making sure the SMES were good and power was getting output. #justyellowtidethings

...when suddenly I get the [SYSTEM] popup that the emitters are losing power and someone is trying to sabotage shit.

Now if I was a total jerk I would just make a beeline for that area of engineering and start wailing on someone with my wrench for fucking with things. But instead I just keep milling about sort of half-looking at things to see if I would actually notice anything IC that would tip me off to that. Lo and behold someone has ripped up some tiles and fucked around with the wiring. Since it's so obvious now, I fix it and everything is fine again.

I was already in the department, right there, just wandering around the engine area with the shutters down. I figured that if I hadn't seen that message I would've stumbled across this anyway, so it's okay to fix it this time.

It's one thing to have me explain that I did things that way to do the right thing. It's another to just see it happen raw. If you watch that same pattern of events and I'm not narrating exactly why I'm doing that it could easily come across as metagaming.

It's a weird cycle of trying to purposely be ignorant to as much as possible of all this information you're being bombarded with or have right at your fingertips. Only after someone is asking you "Hey so and so just beat me to death is that valid" do I touch that "check antags" button, because I don't want to know if I don't have to know.

In the case above it later turned out that an engie borg had been screwing around with the wires trying to put the singularity directly into the power supply to shock the shit out of everyone with doors, because the AI was a traitor. I unknowingly prevented it from doing so when I fixed the modifcations it made, and I'm glad I didn't peek any further into the hows and whys of that sabotage because it would've spoiled that surprise for me and further complicated my round.

There often comes a point when I know too much, at which point I'll either make a beeline for the bar and spend the rest of the round drunk and answering helps, or just shut myself in a locker somewhere and answer helps. This is also a big reason why I usually just straight up disable traitor roles because a lot of the time I just end up wasting it or going out in a blaze of glory early on to avoid that conflict of interest.

BUT ANYWAY: my point is narrating that to a viewer, trying to describe all that mess in the context of a video of me playing the game and adminning at the same time, is just a total clusterfuck. At best it probably wont be much fun and at worst it'll just make people trust everyone that much less.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #51581

An0n3 wrote:There often comes a point when I know too much, at which point I'll either make a beeline for the bar and spend the rest of the round drunk and answering helps, or just shut myself in a locker somewhere and answer helps. This is also a big reason why I usually just straight up disable traitor roles because a lot of the time I just end up wasting it or going out in a blaze of glory early on to avoid that conflict of interest.
If its just me, and I really want to spacemens but don't want to deadmin, i'll go shaft miner or greyshit around. Even if the station is crawling with lings. I don't fuckin care, i'm out on the roid. I'll show back up to mail shit off to R&D.

And if i'm being a greyshit, I don't have to care about someone sabotaging the singulo, CMO ahelping "this guy just beat me to death in maint is this valid?", or "how do I donate TC to the other OPS?"

I can't really see why anybody would want to watch a round of space station being streamed anyway,
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #51585

SS13 games would work as a sort of highlights reel where you show the best moments and context, along with a tooootallly on the spot comentary. It would be more of an advertisement or trailer than a legit lets play.

I doubt an0n3 would want to do that though because its a fuckton of editing and I don't think he works from script.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #51591

I would like to see Anon-no-na-ni-ding-dong make an admin video to see what manner of admin helps they get. I always figure admins actually admining has server rules on a sticky note hanging from their monitors. From the complaining I've seen some times I know I would if I was admining in another parallel universe. But as for the actual subject anon has yet to do anything good nor bad enough to gain me attention. So err, no news is good news I suppose? Keep yer alignment at True Neutral and all shall be well.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #51729

No news is indeed good news. The best admins are always public figures who are known to actively admin but don't seem to have any rep. It means they are just doing their job. It isn't a contest of personality, or else An0n3 would win.
Big Faggot
Byond Username: Floof5467

Post by Big Faggot » #56414

okay so theres a scale of little bitch. 10 is scaredofshadows cause hes the biggest little bitch around and like -2 is me. hes like an 8 and most admins are 9 and a few are 7.

btw i dont play this game
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #65190

A good teacher, feel like I got a lot to learn from dis guy. Has an excellent sense of humour which works wonders on dissolving tense situations.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #65205

Ey b0ss
You do good work as a headmin
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #65506

Short tempered dude. Posts pictures of his beard too much. Needs to better balance his time between discussing/arguing/legislating over the game and actually playing it.

Working on it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #65695

A loser and a whore. A dirty dirty dirty whore.

He's great. Does his job and doesn't afraid of anything.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #65853

Good dude with level head for seeing through bullshit. Calls it like he sees it and isnt irrational 10/10
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #67866

Big Faggot wrote:okay so theres a scale of little bitch. 10 is scaredofshadows cause hes the biggest little bitch around and like -2 is me. hes like an 8 and most admins are 9 and a few are 7.

btw i dont play this game
I saw this post got deleted and read it out of curiosity. Undeleted it afterward.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #67941

Was very entertained.
9/10 too many goats.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #76599

For all the complaining that goes on in a certain stratum of the community I really would expect there to be more here. I feel like if I got more usable feedback, there'd be less to complain about.

Maybe that's just what people want.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76607

Well, if we'd post all of our complaints here, it would get repetitive fast :^)
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #76670

An0n3 wrote:For all the complaining that goes on in a certain stratum of the community I really would expect there to be more here. I feel like if I got more usable feedback, there'd be less to complain about.

Maybe that's just what people want.
Dont mistake difference of opinion or casual insults as genuine hate or cause for negative feedback. People dont care THAT much.
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #78959

Has some kind of hateboner for people who play on /vg/ or are moving from there to here.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #78988

Man_Shroom wrote:Has some kind of hateboner for people who play on /vg/ or are moving from there to here.
They're not playing the game and my suggestion they go home has nothing to do with their activity on the server. They're not "moving" here they're just showing up in our forums to shitpost. Now that Pomf is out of the election it should probably dwindle down.

All of my complaints are validated, look at users like Kingston's gigantic rant in a headmin candidacy thread about how /tg/ is dying and deserves to die blah blah blah...

...despite not even playing here. Not a single connection in the DB. Not a single lingering ban from the old days. Not a single record here at all. These guys are full of shit and their "input" is worthless.

I find it really funny that /vg/ complains about how people are fleeing /tg/ to go play there, meanwhile they're showing up here in droves to shitpost and their server is in such a state that their host was trying to be elected as an admin on our servers. What's that about a sinking ship? The rats seem to be running in this direction lately.

I don't hate them all categorically but I do hate it when they open their mouths to spout a bunch of crap regarding a server they've never played on.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Pomf123
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Pomf123

Post by Pomf123 » #79002

Heard him talking shit like I wouldn't find out
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #79062

Was concerned they were just joking around wasting everyone's time, and after being elected would have to be replaced by someone who would actually do the job.

Turns out I was mostly correct, it was all just a joke.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #79063

An0n3 wrote:Was concerned they were just joking around wasting everyone's time, and after being elected would have to be replaced by someone who would actually do the job.

Turns out I was mostly correct, it was all just a joke.

Time to fill the position with your bicycle-gendered nipple-kin compatriots.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Pomf123
Rarely plays

Post by Pomf123 » #79064

Dont know why you continue to say it was a joke given i told you different in IRC and posted the logs as such in the fucking thread.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #79067

Where were you when the dream of /tv/station died.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #79069

Pomf123 wrote:Dont know why you continue to say it was a joke given i told you different in IRC and posted the logs as such in the fucking thread.
>chicken propaganda
>bringing vg cronies to shitpost
>not a joke

I bet you're not even a hot chick
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #79070

Pomf123 wrote:Dont know why you continue to say it was a joke given i told you different in IRC and posted the logs as such in the fucking thread.
Wait wait wait I have a good one.

The only use of a chick like you is getting layed
Pomf123
Rarely plays

Post by Pomf123 » #79077

Stickymayhem wrote:
>chicken propaganda
>bringing vg cronies to shitpost
>not a joke

I bet you're not even a hot chick
So you let an0n3 tell you that i had people come in and shitpost. the only person doing that is kingston and he's banned on vg, has been for 2 years nearly. If anybody else from vg posted it was from their own volition. Next thing you'll say is aurx is a vg crony shitposting too.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #79079

If you're a chick, haven't you already been layed?

... sorry. Back on topic; I'm slightly less concerned that you're going to turn into a power-hungry dictator now. I'm not entirely convinced you'll succeed in keeping us afloat, but you do seem to have our best interests at heart. Well, either that or you're a good liar.
Pomf123
Rarely plays

Post by Pomf123 » #79082

TheNightingale wrote:If you're a chick, haven't you already been layed?

... sorry. Back on topic; I'm slightly less concerned that you're going to turn into a power-hungry dictator now. I'm not entirely convinced you'll succeed in keeping us afloat, but you do seem to have our best interests at heart. Well, either that or you're a good liar.
Like I had said in my first answer to mandurrh's questions the goal was to turn tg into a server worthy of having the chicken name on it. But I was met with scrutiny instead.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #79092

I think he was talking about me. You don't have a feedback thread silly chicken.

I would explain the hundred reasons I don't want this job and don't want to turn this into my station but it'll just start rumors that I'm going to quit, or people will complain that "WOW HE HATES /TG/" sensationalist crap.

I'm /tg/'s Dad now for real. I'm not the fun friend who helps you get into trouble and experiment with firecrackers and weed. I have to make responsible decisions that you hate but are for your own good. I've been in a really similar role as headmin for a while. People wish me "happy father's day" when I log in for a reason.

And I regret that you know. I'd love to do nothing but shower you guys with sweets and good times but I have the very real burden of making sure this place doesn't crumble or burn itself out.

And like I've said, I don't think anybody else can really do that for /tg/. I think most folks will pick it up, play around with it like a toy, fuck it up, and then abandon it or crash it into a wall.

It's like I've been promoted from being the principal of the school to the janitor. I don't teach you or lecture or any of that shit anymore. Now I make sure the lawn stays neat and the lights in your classrooms aren't blown out. And people say this is me seizing power? Like this is a glorious job everyone wants?

Ask any admin what I'm doing these days and if they want my job.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #79100

You seem tense, a massage perhaps?
Pomf123
Rarely plays

Post by Pomf123 » #79155

An0n3 wrote:I think he was talking about me. You don't have a feedback thread silly chicken.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #79158

We wish you happy father's day because you're about as old as everyone else's collective age.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #79168

All you do in game Kingston is rile people up when they die and spam salt memes. Your not saving anything.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #79182

An0n3 wrote:I'm /tg/'s Dad now for real. I'm not the fun friend who helps you get into trouble and experiment with firecrackers and weed. I have to make responsible decisions that you hate but are for your own good. I've been in a really similar role as headmin for a while. People wish me "happy father's day" when I log in for a reason.
I thought you said you wouldnt be part of the decision making stuff? At least none that affect the players.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #79280

I never said that. I said I wouldn't have anything to do with the rules and enforcement of rules.
You're incorrectly summarizing things I've said.

I'm focused on policing and regulating the adminstaff as well as managing and maintaining the server. There are times when I will have to use my host authority outside of that but I'd like to avoid it as much as possible.
I've already had to correct people numerous times when people have asked me directly if they should ban someone, or how I feel about a situation being a violation of a certain rule or not. I don't want to make those decisions anymore, I want to leave that up to the direction of the three people the community elects.

Tons of things I do will still directly or indirectly affect players. I just blacklisted Kavaloosh for example, for continuing to harass another member of the community despite multiple warnings and previous bans to stop doing it. I wouldn't say it had anything to do with the IC rules and instead his own weird habit of stalking and harassing a specific individual.

Continuing to swat down public logs, while a lot of people piss and moan about it, is something that benefits the entire community but people don't like. It sort of indirectly affects people.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #79412

So basically totally not involved but ready to become SoS at a moments notice. Good to know.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #79414

I will never understand why people think the person running the place should have no say in policy or rules.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #79419

We're the most community driven server for SS13. No other server elects their headmins publicly. No other server is as open about how policy is made and potentially unmade. Even if you hate every change that gets made at the heart of almost every decision (but not all of them) was a situation where a player complained about something and we came up with a solution to it.

I'm really looking forward to what'll happen with the next three headmins. I think a lot of stuff is about to change for the better. The last three of us were really good at stomping out shit behavior and culling a lot of shit players, but we didn't do a whole lot to encourage good behavior or promote fun. Part of me stepping up to host is also getting out of the way of that change and letting others take the wheel.

While I do have the top authority, the guys who will be making the most decisions that have the largest impact on what you're going to see and play here over the coming months will be your headmins and the adminstaff. Not me.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #79431

Saegrimr wrote:I will never understand why people think the person running the place should have no say in policy or rules.
Why should they? Host is a required position, not an elected one. Id understand if it were technical stuff like measures to ensure minimal lag on the server, but outside of that i dont think we need anyone sitting on the top of the food chain.

The community are the ones who should be deciding stuff on the server. That is why we elect headmins. Host isnt that kind of position. Anon is currently a headmin, right? So its fine. But after the elections his official position on the admin team is just... back to normal admin. He shouldnt have a voice in the discussion of policy changes outside of what a normal admin would have.

SoS did things he felt were necessary. Look how that ended up. Even with the best intentions.
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #79874

An0n3 wrote:I just blacklisted Kavaloosh for example, for continuing to harass another member of the community despite multiple warnings and previous bans to stop doing it. I wouldn't say it had anything to do with the IC rules and instead his own weird habit of stalking and harassing a specific individual.
Is there a thread about this? I'd like to get the inside journalistic scoop. Should I make a thread?
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #79894

bad at payday
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #79913

miggles wrote:bad at payday
You've obviously never played with Sticky leading the squad XD
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #79917

peoplearestrange wrote:
Grenades CAN be stealthy
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #79922

Stickymayhem wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:
Grenades CAN be stealthy
If they kill everyone who hears the explosion, then technically...
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #80293

Miggles please you don't even play payday. I'm infamy 5 with over 400 confirmed heists. The entire arsenal of all the pay2win DLC is at my disposal. You don't know who you're messing with.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: