[No Longer Admin] Kangtut

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer Admin] Kangtut

Post by MrStonedOne » #439609

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
BebeYoshi
Byond Username: BebeYoshi

Re: Kangtut

Post by BebeYoshi » #439642

Can't say much except that this admin has attitude and I like it.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #439835

Good player, good trialmin.

Has picked up a few of my ahelps and always handles them well. I'm sure he'll excel at admin stuff.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #440485

I like him, he's a nice person, he's active and he works hard on the tickets. Also very responsive in asay.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #440501

he killed me when he was playing security once and i dont like that

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #440503

he killed me when he was playing security once and i dont like that

I do like the way he discusses things he's not sure about, and gives feedback on things you're in progress of doing when you try to talk about it. That was something someone else mentioned above.
Kangtut
Byond Username: KangTut

Post by Kangtut » #440776

imsxz wrote:he killed me when he was playing security once and i dont like that
Attachments
1402251071820.png
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #440836

he didn't abuse his powers whenever i watched him, why the h*ck is he a trial?
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #444961

Banned our AI early into the round (95338) following a situation in the previous round, no attempt was made to replace the AI before he was killed 20 minutes later despite me eagerly asking to replace him as a ghost. The round went to shit in part due to our AI getting erased by Kang, so please make an effort in the future to get such a vital role back into action as quickly as possible after a ban like that.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
ishortjr33
Byond Username: Ishotjr8

Post by ishortjr33 » #445010

Has banned twice without fully explaining why, has made up concepts like "effectively purged" to justify punishment for something that might be bad while purged but no purging happened.
There's another ban appeal up where he a trialmin overruled a gameadmin and permabanned some dude on probation without talking to the prior admin about their ruling first, allegedly.

Most admins talk to the players and find common ground for a resolution especially if it's a first time offense Kangtut does neither and chooses to insult and salt rather. If you try to point this out you get labeled as having a victim complex.

Doesn't actually explain what he's banning for when repeatedly asked but it requires a ban appeal to find out, even then when you ask for clarification of something like "effectively purged" you get called a brainlet and that you lack reading comprehension. He's had to have others try to clarify for him and that's pretty fucked up if he's going to be the one pulling the trigger.
Last edited by ishortjr33 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #445024

BebeYoshi wrote:Can't say much except that this admin has attitude and I like it.
This is a bad thing
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #445034

Agree with ishortjr33 and the goof. He's extremely rude to people in ban appeals. In ishortjr33's case it should be a simple case to explain exactly why by the rules he screwed up instead of making stuff up like "effectively purged". The entire thing could have been settled with a polite explanation of how he broke his laws, citing correct rules(he wasn't purged, purged is its own thing). IMO a week silicon ban, note, and no server ban would have been appropriate but I can't speak to all the facts.
--Crocodillo

somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #445058

WarbossLincoln wrote:Agree with ishortjr33 and the goof. He's extremely rude to people in ban appeals. In ishortjr33's case it should be a simple case to explain exactly why by the rules he screwed up instead of making stuff up like "effectively purged". The entire thing could have been settled with a polite explanation of how he broke his laws, citing correct rules(he wasn't purged, purged is its own thing). IMO a week silicon ban, note, and no server ban would have been appropriate but I can't speak to all the facts.
Effectively purged meant that he was free but had to be good i.e. the same as a purged AI (but still not technically purged)
ishortjr33

Post by ishortjr33 » #445064

somerandomguy wrote:
WarbossLincoln wrote:Agree with ishortjr33 and the goof. He's extremely rude to people in ban appeals. In ishortjr33's case it should be a simple case to explain exactly why by the rules he screwed up instead of making stuff up like "effectively purged". The entire thing could have been settled with a polite explanation of how he broke his laws, citing correct rules(he wasn't purged, purged is its own thing). IMO a week silicon ban, note, and no server ban would have been appropriate but I can't speak to all the facts.
Effectively purged meant that he was free but had to be good i.e. the same as a purged AI (but still not technically purged)
There's a ban appeal up for that but the same thing I said there, where is effectively purged written, how does one know they have been such? We get no popup, no notification. No indication and it's as described "murkier". It's a stretch to justify a ban that should have been at best a note. It's a powertrip by an asshole.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #445087

He makes rounds interesting. Even if it's just fun and harmless things like making borgs smol or spin, it still usually gets a laugh out of a few people.

Consistently is on duty, especially during low-pop/mid-pop which I really appreciate. Sometimes there wouldn't be admins on during the morning (UK time) and problems would arise when people took that as their cue to misbehave.

Also seen him admit to his mistakes and take steps to defuse hostile situations between players who are fighting in OOC channels like deadchat, etc.

As a player, I think he's a good'un. He was HoS during a clock cult (I think it was a TC trade?) round. We (I was a subverted borg) weren't harming anyone and were planning to just have a pizza party in the chapel. He didn't valid-hunt us or anything and was actually pretty chill.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Kangtut

Post by Kangtut » #445115

I have been rude to ishot in their appeal and that is because even before this ishot has been a passive aggressive little shit and no amount of explaining is good enough for them. Even when most of the thread is telling them they are wrong and telling them why - they still will not accept it. I can and will be very polite but don't except me to do so if you won't give the same. Being nice does nothing when the person you are trying to talk to is acting like a screeching 5 year old.
Kangtut

Post by Kangtut » #445120

Malkraz wrote:Banned our AI early into the round (95338) following a situation in the previous round, no attempt was made to replace the AI before he was killed 20 minutes later despite me eagerly asking to replace him as a ghost. The round went to shit in part due to our AI getting erased by Kang, so please make an effort in the future to get such a vital role back into action as quickly as possible after a ban like that.
You have me there and I do apologize for that. I wasn't in the following round due to leaving work and going to bed. I don't even remember the round starting so banning the AI without replacing it was dumb but kind of unavoidable with no other admin on to replace it.
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #445126

Kangtut wrote:I wasn't in the following round due to leaving work and going to bed. I don't even remember the round starting so banning the AI without replacing it was dumb but kind of unavoidable with no other admin on to replace it.
Are you sure about that? I could've sworn I saw your ghost orbiting somebody. I have somewhat limited knowledge of how to read logs, but as far as I can tell from these (https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html)
You took ownership of a ghost at 9:52 (5 minutes after round start)
Banned Ishot around 10:06 (probably doesn't require being "in the round", just for time reference)
Renamed the station at 10:10 so you were doing things unrelated to Ishot's ban
Did something called "AI Interact" at 10:49
Spoke in dead chat at 11:10
Triggered a swarmer spawn event at 11:20
Logged out and lost control of the ghost at 11:40

If you simply forgot to replace the AI that's fine and all, but unless I'm misunderstanding something your explanation for why is puzzling as it appears you were at the least watching and interacting with the round behind the scenes.
Also, Magikarp was connected but deadmined. I don't know if you have some way of seeing that as an admin but I assume it wasn't unavoidable as he was on at the time, but correct me if I'm unaware of some policy on deadmins interacting with the round.
Last edited by Malkraz on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #445127

Kangtut wrote:

I have been rude to ishot in their appeal and that is because even before this ishot has been a passive aggressive little shit and no amount of explaining is good enough for them. Even when most of the thread is telling them they are wrong and telling them why - they still will not accept it. I can and will be very polite but don't except me to do so if you won't give the same. Being nice does nothing when the person you are trying to talk to is acting like a screeching 5 year old.
Not being able to keep my cool with retards is why I am not an admin, aside from the bias. If you can't handle shitty players without flying off the handle, you're fucking trash.
Kangtut

Post by Kangtut » #445132

Malkraz wrote:
Kangtut wrote:I wasn't in the following round due to leaving work and going to bed. I don't even remember the round starting so banning the AI without replacing it was dumb but kind of unavoidable with no other admin on to replace it.
Are you sure about that? I have somewhat limited knowledge of how to read logs, but as far as I can tell from these (https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html)
Banned Ishot around 10:06 (probably doesn't require being "in the round", just for time reference)

If you simply forgot to replace the AI that's fine and all, but unless I'm misunderstanding something your explanation for why is puzzling as it appears you were at the least watching and interacting with the round behind the scenes.
Also, Magikarp was connected but deadmined. I don't know if you have some way of seeing that as an admin but I assume it wasn't unavoidable as he was on at the time, but correct me if I'm unaware of some policy on deadmins interacting with the round.
Oh I see I made a mistake when reading the logs. It was simply forgetfulness then. Like I said it was late I was tired and I was getting off from my shift soon. I'll try not to forget something like that next time.
ishortjr33

Post by ishortjr33 » #445183

Kangtut wrote:

You reap what you sew. My complete lack of respect for you comes from your conduct in our first dealings where instead of talking to me about something so I could understand why it was verbotten you cut me off and threw a ban at me without warning it was coming. I even told you this time around that it would have been at the very least nice of you to explain what I did wrong and that it would have consequences, professionalism. You couldn't do that the first time around either. You were an asshole then and it was our first interaction. Are you so completely incapable of self reflection that you absolutely do not see that? Imsez, Beesting, some of the more active admins, Coconutwarrior, hell even Aliyana (I believe) have spoken to me in the past and it's been friendly for the most part and respectful. If you get a different ishotjr then perhaps it's you that's the issue. You did the EXACT SAME SHIT this time around you didn't explain at all what I had done wrong and I even asked you to put emotions aside to talk about it, you told me I had a victim complex, I asked for another admin to be involved and then you banned me. You reap what you sew and I'm just unlucky enough that my unwillingness to suck your cock lands me at the end of your wrath. I make no apologies for the way I speak to you because it's a direct result of your piss poor holier-than-thou "Heh I'm an admin" bullshit.

To quote again, that you're a fuckstick.
"Admin PM from-KangTut: If you seriously don't know what rule you broke then you should not be here."
That RULE you're talking about by your own admission does not exist. I get now what I did was wrong but you telling me I should know that the fuck "effectively purged" means?
Purged = No Laws, no 0, 1-infinity
Asimov = 1,2,3
One Human 0,1,2,3,4 etc

I was one humaned, not purged that's why you CONTINUE TO USE "effectively purged" and not purged, so for you to go "Heh you should know about this lil technicality that doesn't exist in the silicon rules" makes you a complete asshole, like you were the first time around and hence why you get static from me.

What was the round ID and date of the ban you gave me first time around?
ishortjr33

Post by ishortjr33 » #445184

Kangtut wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
Are you sure about that? I have somewhat limited knowledge of how to read logs, but as far as I can tell from these (https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html)

Oh I see I made a mistake when reading the logs. It was simply forgetfulness then. Like I said it was late I was tired and I was getting off from my shift soon. I'll try not to forget something like that next time.
You made a mistake that negatively impacted the round for everyone else? Man it's almost like you're human or something. Good thing you're an admin and don't have to be punished for it eh? You're not lying though, you're just confused, mistaken, dumb, right?

"USER PM from-ishortjr8: If you seriously don't know how to replace an AI you banned you should not be here."
Dick.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #445296

Just as shit an admin as he is a player.
lol
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #445313

Needs to learn the way of the administrative zen if he is to achieve true ss13 power
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #445316

Confirmed brainlet person who doesn't listen. Gave me a note that does not accurately describe what transpired.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #445763

I don't like their attitude. I think there's cases where he should've shown more leniency but instead he went too far on the harsh side.

This is probably the best example of that:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19896 (Spankmaster/Toronto88's ban appeal for detonating an antimatter in a main hallway)

Spankmaster immediately adminhelped, making KangTut aware of the situation. He apologized and said it was an accident. I see this happen once in a while where someone does something that causes a good amount of station damage by mistake and immediately apologizes for it. I never ban those people, occasionally I'll note them, but they're mostly good players who make a destructive mistake.

I can't really blame KangTut for banning him since he was just told by Arianya to be harsher, but he needs to learn the nuances of that sort of thing before going crazy on the harshness. It's just a dayban, but it left a bad taste in my mouth to see someone who had an obvious accident to get banned over it, especially when the antimatter is only seen once in a hundred rounds and is poorly sprited/not intuitive.

When I talked with him about it, I got the impression he had a "ban the shitters" type of attitude rather than an attitude more oriented toward helping them understand their mistake and improve from it. He said something about them having an incident with kudzu earlier in the day and that makes a pattern. Uh, no, two unrelated things don't make a pattern. Sometimes people mess up twice in a day.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #445769

Doritos wrote:Just as shit an admin as he is a player.
Hes a good player though. Rare type of sec main who doesn’t live from valid to valid.
[this space reserved]
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #445884

wesoda25 wrote: Hes a good player though. Rare type of sec main who doesn’t live from valid to valid.
He's very back and forth with this. Sometimes he puts good effort in and plays the role mindful of how it impacts other players. Other times he'll execute people with complete dumb fuck reasoning. Definitely has the capacity to play sec well but he doesn't apply it as much as he should.
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #446102

BeeSting12 wrote:Antimatter
I've played on /tg/ with varyling levels of activity for like 5 or 6 years and I've never seen an antimatter engine or even knew they existed. I easily could have pushed buttons on it out of curiosity and blown it up too. The ban was shitty, I would have maybe banned the person who set it up in the hallways where anyone could fuck with it.
--Crocodillo

Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #446258

Not a fan of this ban, as it seems kinda harsh for simply interacting with something that was out in the open. I know a lot of the enjoyment that I get out of this game is the crazy stuff that can randomly go wrong during a shift, and being this harsh on someone who didn't break into a secure place and just checked out something sitting in the main hall seems to only dissuade people from organically learning about things through messing around with them. Unless you're signed up for a department that should have explicit knowledge about the in-game mechanics of something, I don't think it's fair to expect people to pull up a wiki page for every thing they come across sitting wide in the open.
ishortjr33

Post by ishortjr33 » #446269

Dunno how to delete.
Last edited by ishortjr33 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #446340

ishortjr33 wrote:I ask any of you how many times other admins have bwoinked you when something went wrong, tried to find a middle ground in the whole thing, spoke to you about why it was wrong, educated you, answered your questions and tussled up your hair if you fucked up?
Like 90% of all of them since I started here.

Hey why did you do X?
Because Y.
Ok cool. OR You can't/shouldn't because Z.

I've never been bwoinked and not had that be the outcome. It sounds like Kang doesn't roll that way.
--Crocodillo

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #446522

t. double post salt mine and then dante smith showing up omegalul
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #446542

eternally lmaoing at people who post in admin feedback about their ban appeals before they're even resolved
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
ishortjr33

Post by ishortjr33 » #446550

Qbmax32 wrote:eternally lmaoing at people who post in admin feedback about their ban appeals before they're even resolved
I'm not a smart person in general, I'll delete em sorry.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #447443

What I don't understand about Ishotjr8's ban is why KangTut banned him for a week from the game servers and a month from AI. Surely only the AI jobban was needed as the issue was with playing AI. He had no prior history, a full game ban was unnecessary and way too harsh.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
ishortjr33

Post by ishortjr33 » #447451

BeeSting12 wrote:What I don't understand about Ishotjr8's ban is why KangTut banned him for a week from the game servers and a month from AI. Surely only the AI jobban was needed as the issue was with playing AI. He had no prior history, a full game ban was unnecessary and way too harsh.
For the same reason it enraged him that I asked another admin be involved while he was speaking to me and why he doesn't interact with the ban appeal against him after popping in to call me a brainlet but is content simply to let the hours burn by as it's about to hit day 7 of 7 of the server ban and day 7 of appeal. He's a vindictive little asshole. The same reason others had to explain to me what I did wrong but not the guy passing the sentence, no that was below him. The same reason he lied in his ban reason so that anyone who didn't look at my history would take it at face value. That I was somehow a repeatedly shit AI but having no notes about my silicon play ever up until then. For the same reason he flew off the handle when I asked him for BOTH of us to put our emotions aside. My server ban is drawing to a close but I'm in a position where I'm pretty let down that I was basically sat on the backburner by the administration team as a whole and that I feel like I'm better off just not logging in during KangTut-time as given my history with him he's just aching for any excuse.

I was having fun playing here, truly. I thought the community was well rounded, the administration was fair, my notes serve to tell a story that while I may not be perfect I'm hardly a habitual breaker of the same rule repeatedly. Now I feel really fucking jaded about a silly space game where a clown can be acting captain.

The only thing I can take away from this is that I learned more about silicon policy thanks to other admins and the community and that KangTut will ease up to take pressure off himself since he's been THE topic of conversation in FNR for a time, I say for a time because I guarantee someone else is going to draw his ire eventually. I hope people look back on me, that other guy who got permabanned for silly radio banter and the poor bastard who had never seen an anti-matter engine and caused a catastrophe and sees what a piece of shit KangTut is with power. Hopefully that will help lend credence to their appeals.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #447525

sent ERT during overthrow because one team was killing the crew and had converted their objectives, bruh...
edit: his logic was that the team wasnt calling the shuttle, which they werent calling because we were still converting the rest of the heads and were doing surgery on the captain

also him banning toronto for a complete accident with an engine was really unfair
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #453838

He and lmwevil are national heroes.

They actually did 'Everyone is Abductor' station. The madmen. It was amazing. 10/10 best admins ever.
Spoiler:
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #456223

Caused a round to extend by most of an entire hour after recalling a traitor's shuttle call. By this point the AI was rogue and had flooded the station with N2O and was generally making the crew's life miserable. Afterwards the AI forced green alert and the shuttle had to be called two more times. Claimed he was pushing the game in a direction towards "IC reasoning" which while noble, I don't think should be something a trialmin should be dictating, and definitely not at the cost of the quality of a round, which by the end was an extremely long wait by a lot of dead people.

http://prntscr.com/llv8ur
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #459184

Really active, handles ahelps efficiently. They're pretty kind and pacient in my opinion, and wishes to improve the (each day even more) low level of rp we have, which for me is something excellent and a noble objective.

(playsecurityagainreee)
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #459392

"""Declared"""" War Ops on an extended round, triggering an immediate mass suicide from people who revile the mode, he and nabiski was a dick in ahelps about it smugly telling people "just don't suicide", and it effectively fucked the round as hard as possible.

Eventually he smashed the lone op button, which got killed immediately, then portal storm when that didn't work. It didn't make the round any better.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #459395

Yakumo_Chen wrote:"""Declared"""" War Ops on an extended round, triggering an immediate mass suicide from people who revile the mode, he and nabiski was a dick in ahelps about it smugly telling people "just don't suicide", and it effectively fucked the round as hard as possible.
I laughed out loud in real life
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #459396

Just so we're clear here, they made a fake announcement, and a bunch of people suicided and then got mad because they removed themself from the round without actually checking the round type?
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #459402

There's no way to check the round type IC.

It effectively ruined the extended round for everyone, a lot of all access and arming up for almost literaly nothing, people more or less waited 40 minutes for a big shootout and didn't get anything.
Kangtut

Post by Kangtut » #459407

For someone who "reviles" the mode you don't seem to hesitate to roll for ghost roles and playing as an op. Also only a few suicided and Yakumo was the only one who was upset, and only Nabski answered your ahelp, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't lie like that.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #459423

The war declaration is the only way of knowing about war ops, and a 100% tell. This is intended. If you fake it or omit it, then it messes up the round heavily, as happened here. Suiciders aren't the only people negatively impacted, everyone else expects ops and puts other extended projects on hold. The round literally becomes "wait for ops that won't come." If it was stated afterward that it was a test/drill or something then it would be ok, but that didn't happen.
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #459427

Yakumo_Chen wrote:"""Declared"""" War Ops on an extended round, triggering an immediate mass suicide from people who revile the mode, he and nabiski was a dick in ahelps about it smugly telling people "just don't suicide", and it effectively fucked the round as hard as possible.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #459429

somerandomguy wrote:The war declaration is the only way of knowing about war ops, and a 100% tell. This is intended. If you fake it or omit it, then it messes up the round heavily, as happened here. Suiciders aren't the only people negatively impacted, everyone else expects ops and puts other extended projects on hold. The round literally becomes "wait for ops that won't come." If it was stated afterward that it was a test/drill or something then it would be ok, but that didn't happen.
while i personally think that the suicides were completely the fault of the people that did so, i do agree that it does kind of put the round "on hold" and that some notification should have been given that it was just a joke
Kangtut

Post by Kangtut » #459473

I do admit that the event could have been planned better. It was a prank I had been wanting to do on secret extended for a while. It isn't something I plan to make a habit of though. If I do it again it wont be for several months at least.