[No Longer Admin] Coiax

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer Admin] Coiax

Post by MrStonedOne » #462336

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Coiax

Post by subject217 » #462337

Based and redpilled
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #462570

Negative.

Has been forcing Donut Station for awhile (votes for donut himself and resolves ties in favor of donut). Nitpicks on small things and goes straight to noting, even when normal talking would do.

On a sidenote there is no round type called Hiveminds, its called Assimilators and saying "its hiveminds" refers to the current situation (it = situation, not OOC in IC). Nitpicking on semantics is pretty petty, much worse when you mark people down for it.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #462574

Istoprocent1 wrote:Negative.

Has been forcing Donut Station for awhile (votes for donut himself and resolves ties in favor of donut). Nitpicks on small things and goes straight to noting, even when normal talking would do.

On a sidenote there is no round type called Hiveminds, its called Assimilators and saying "its hiveminds" refers to the current situation (it = situation, not OOC in IC). Nitpicking on semantics is pretty petty, much worse when you mark people down for it.
it's painfully obvious you got noted for saying "it's [roundtype]" and tried to ruleslawyer by saying "it's not the exact name so it's ic"
saying "it's revs" is bad even though the mode is called "revolution(aries?)"; we all know what you mean by it
also what makes it bad is the "it's" which implies "the roundtype is" which implies "there are no other antags"
this was talked about a while ago in policy discussion iirc

also its not forcing donut if he runs a vote, forcing it would just be using the "next map" verb
there's nothing against admins voting on maps
there's also nothing against admins tiebreaking
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #462576

somerandomguy wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:Negative.

it's painfully obvious you got noted for saying "it's [roundtype]" and tried to ruleslawyer by saying "it's not the exact name so it's ic"
saying "it's revs" is bad even though the mode is called "revolution(aries?)"; we all know what you mean by it
also what makes it bad is the "it's" which implies "the roundtype is" which implies "there are no other antags"
this was talked about a while ago in policy discussion iirc
And its painfully obvious that you are hyping for your boy Coiax, even though this thread is about feedback. Saying "We have a hivemind presence." is not different from "It's hiveminds.", since both refer to the situation. Nobody called out the round type, which was Assimilators.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #462579

I've gone through all five of the notes he's made since he was added officially (there were some from 2016 when he was tempminned a few times). Two are test or meme notes. One is a note on someone's name. Two are for OOC in IC. I don't see a trend of this whole "nitpicks on small things and goes straight to noting" you're talking about.

It's standard for us to note for OOC in IC to help maintain immersion ingame. A ton of the notes I give are for OOC in IC. The way you're phrasing it ("its hiveminds" ,"it might be hiveminds", "hiveminds confirmed") makes it sound like you're referencing a round type rather than stating the presence of something or even the situation is that there are hiveminds.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #462583

All I am saying is that my experience has been negative. Saying "We have X" over "Its X" is just nitpicking on semantics rather than immersion breaking OOC in IC. You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #462584

[2018-12-16 18:10:42.997] SAY: Istoprocent/(Krokodil) "Tanner doesnt have an implant it might be hiveminds!" (Fore Primary Hallway (106, 158, 2))
-snip-
[2018-12-16 18:11:24.355] SAY: Istoprocent/(Krokodil) "Start implanting crew, if Tanner wasnt cloned its hiveminds." (Port Bow Maintenance (76, 165, 2))
-snip-
[2018-12-16 18:13:48.913] SAY: Istoprocent/(Krokodil) "Hiveminds confirmed" (Brig (111, 167, 2))
-snip-
[2018-12-16 18:14:54.447] SAY: Istoprocent/(Krokodil) "We need more implants, its hiveminds." (Brig (113, 165, 2))

https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/basil/ ... 3/game.log

Lines omitted between each line of text for irrelevancy.

If you have an issue with the policy bring it up in policy discussion instead of trying to get on the admin for doing their job. Any other admin would've done the same thing.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #462585

BeeSting12 wrote:[2018-12-16 18:10:42.997] SAY: Istoprocent/(Krokodil) "Tanner doesnt have an implant it might be hiveminds!" (Fore Primary Hallway (106, 158, 2))
-snip-
[2018-12-16 18:11:24.355] SAY: Istoprocent/(Krokodil) "Start implanting crew, if Tanner wasnt cloned its hiveminds." (Port Bow Maintenance (76, 165, 2))
-snip-
[2018-12-16 18:13:48.913] SAY: Istoprocent/(Krokodil) "Hiveminds confirmed" (Brig (111, 167, 2))
-snip-
[2018-12-16 18:14:54.447] SAY: Istoprocent/(Krokodil) "We need more implants, its hiveminds." (Brig (113, 165, 2))

https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/basil/ ... 3/game.log

Lines omitted between each line of text for irrelevancy.

If you have an issue with the policy bring it up in policy discussion instead of trying to get on the admin for doing their job. Any other admin would've done the same thing.
Again, just saying that saying "We might be dealing with a hivemind presence" or "We have a confirmed hivemind presence" or even replacing hiveminds with assimilators is just nitpicking.

Edit: How about we dont dogpile on a different opinion? We are all entitled to ours. Time will tell if he will keep going down this path or not and whether he is fit to be an admin or not.

Sometimes a reasonable talk is a better method than going straight to notes and bans. Real life example would be traffic stops. As an authority figure one doesn't always have to start flexing to prove a point.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #462590

Istoprocent1 wrote: Again, just saying that saying "We might be dealing with a hivemind presence" or "We have a confirmed hivemind presence" or even replacing hiveminds with assimilators is just nitpicking.

Edit: How about we dont dogpile on a different opinion? We are all entitled to ours. Time will tell if he will keep going down this path or not and whether he is fit to be an admin or not.

Sometimes a reasonable talk is a better method than going straight to notes and bans. Real life example would be traffic stops. As an authority figure one doesn't always have to start flexing to prove a point.
What I'm saying is that this isn't an issue with coiax, it's an issue with policy. Every admin has to enforce that policy, and he's just doing as he's told. I'd consider the map thing valid feedback, but this isn't really anything wrong with the admin himself, you're basically just shooting the messenger.

Reasonable talks are great and all that, but the note is a record that the talk happened so next time you can't just claim ignorance the next time it happens, if there is one. I'm not saying you're the type to do that, but there are people who would do that. The note won't cause you any harm unless you do the exact same thing again, in which case you'll get a ban because you're aware you shouldn't be doing it.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #462604

Autists, this is a thread for feedback for coiax not itosprotocent or policy questions.

Get gone
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #462680

I feel very strongly against deleting posts in feedback threads, but holy shit.
This thread has become a complete cesspit of Istoprecent arguing with several people about his original post. It has completely devolved into topics irrelevant to Coiax, so I’m going to purge this thread of anything unrelated to Coiax as an administrator.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #462686

Okay, done.
This is quite possibly the worst thread I’ve ever had to moderate.
Stop making feedback posts that have nothing to do with the administrator. You are always free to criticize the feedback that someone else makes, but when you’re in 30 posts deep with it, maybe you should move on. I really did not want to have to purge this thread, but seriously every single post that I deleted was either someone calling each other crazy, whining about ad-hom or talking about shit with zero relevance, at all, to Coiax.
If this stream of off-topic discussion continues, the offenders will be put on post approval.
It’s time to stop.
Morris
Byond Username: Morris - exe.cute

Post by Morris » #462985

I was playing malf AI yesterday, Coiax made a big oops and completely fucked my round, normally I'd have been pissed, but he profusely apologized and made amends. I applaud him for owning up to his mistakes, and working to fix them. Goodmin.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #463076

Round 98839, ran a shitty event by giving brain trauma to everyone. Round ended in 30 minutes, because of obvious reasons. Was an antag and died to lights burning me.

Edit: Also ignores ahelps. Was asking whether saying VALID unironically counts as OOC in IC or not, such as [2018-12-18 21:30:40.461] SAY: 21:30:40.461] SAY: akatrickster/(MRPR-430) "MOJA MANLEY IS VALID!!" (Departure Lounge (107, 68, 2))

Its established that ironic uses of certain words such as metacomms (via retardation) and valid (antag token or salad) are legitimate, but the question was about illegitimate uses such as saying metabuddy unironically.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #463083

He's a good admin, willing to learn and kind but just. Always asks our opinion when he has doubts, instead of going "solo" and commiting a mistake.

While istoprocent1 opinion is to be respected, i think it comes from a point of anger instead of clarity due to the ban he thinks is unjust. I would take his reviews from now on with a grain of salt.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #463090

MortoSasye wrote:He's a good admin, willing to learn and kind but just. Always asks our opinion when he has doubts, instead of going "solo" and commiting a mistake.

While istoprocent1 opinion is to be respected, i think it comes from a point of anger instead of clarity due to the ban he thinks is unjust. I would take his reviews from now on with a grain of salt.
There is no anger or grudge from me towards Coiax. If he is in position of power, he is opening himself up for scrutiny, especially if he has made bad calls in the past as you are trying to diminish my feedback by pointing out the past.

I appreciate you being respectful about it though.
coiax
Byond Username: Coiax

Post by coiax » #463940

wesoda25 wrote:I’m not sure if it was him, but the other day I was a wizard apprentice and he kept spawning himself in as a naked plasma man. Just a flaming guy would pop, tell a pun, then disappear.

Specifically for me, I had just killed two people and was grabbing AA and he just popped up in the corner and said a dumb pun about it being a bad time.

8/10 artful admin fuckery.
Sadly, you are looking for this thread, not mine: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=18892
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #463951

Trashy fucker who abuses players for reporting rules violations, and actively refers to admins calling him.on this crap behavior as "selling them out".

Trust this douchebag with nothing more than putting his pants on im the morning.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #463965

iamgoofball wrote:Trashy fucker who abuses players for reporting rules violations, and actively refers to admins calling him.on this crap behavior as "selling them out".

Trust this douchebag with nothing more than putting his pants on im the morning.
THIS POST WAS MADE BY

ADMIN COMPLAINT GOT CLOSED GANG
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #464003

Called for assistance when overwhelmed by complicated ahelps, instead of trying to he-man tough it out like most admins would (and cause delays/mistakes). Good lad.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #464024

often goes along with my events and improves them, another good button pusher/event runner

needs a bit of button discipline but otherwise i'm pleased so far
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #464146

IMO needs to tone it down with votes, specifically mapvotes. Too much donut/birdboat, for one. While I personally dislike playing on box, when theres mapvotes every round it's basically never played which isn't fair to the crowd of people that do enjoy box. Basically only ever meta gets voted unless the donut brigade is online.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #464192

he gonna get his stupid ass bonged
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #466824

After getting a complaint upheld against him for asshole conduct in replying to admin helps, he has now apparently taken to stealthminning during tickets to avoid identification.

This really shows that he has no intentions of improving on the behaviors he had a complaint upheld about already.

I will be making a policy discussion thread about this as well, but I implore headmins to consider this when reviewing his admin status, as it shows he does not feel remorse for his actions, only that he was caught, and as such is now taking steps to avoid being caught.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #466878

A++ Admeme, A++ Button Pusher
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #466888

where's the policy thread goofball, you said there would be a policy thread
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #466891

subject217 wrote:where's the policy thread goofball, you said there would be a policy thread
I'm not allowed to discuss the creation of policy threads outside of the initial statement that there will be one as per headmin orders.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #466931

iamgoofball wrote:
subject217 wrote:where's the policy thread goofball, you said there would be a policy thread
I'm not allowed to discuss the creation of policy threads outside of the initial statement that there will be one as per headmin orders.
what the hell
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #466986

Result of policy discussion thread: "Yeah that's okay as long as they provide name on request"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #467342

Spamming brain trauma =/= Event
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #467386

iamgoofball wrote:After getting a complaint upheld against him for asshole conduct in replying to admin helps, he has now apparently taken to stealthminning during tickets to avoid identification.
stealthmin can be a great tool for talking to people who you think would probably be really annoyed if they knew it was you talking to them. That wasn't the purpose of it being used however I have never seen issue with stealthmin before.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #467452

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:After getting a complaint upheld against him for asshole conduct in replying to admin helps, he has now apparently taken to stealthminning during tickets to avoid identification.
stealthmin can be a great tool for talking to people who you think would probably be really annoyed if they knew it was you talking to them.
If this is ever an issue, you have already fucked up big time. If you can't have an unbiased discussion with someone because of your prior actions, then you cannot be serving as an administrator effectively and properly.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #467454

iamgoofball wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:
stealthmin can be a great tool for talking to people who you think would probably be really annoyed if they knew it was you talking to them.
If this is ever an issue, you have already fucked up big time. If you can't have an unbiased discussion with someone because of your prior actions, then you cannot be serving as an administrator effectively and properly.
this is untrue because sometimes certain people can have a completely inaccurate perception of you that makes them unfairly biased
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #467560

iamgoofball wrote:If this is ever an issue, you have already fucked up big time. If you can't have an unbiased discussion with someone because of your prior actions, then you cannot be serving as an administrator effectively and properly.
This is really unfair criticism. There's nothing wrong with wanting to keeping a discussion strictly neutral to avoid bias or grudges when looking into tickets, and even if there was, it's not like it's hard to figure out the identity of a stealthmin if knowing their identity was necessary.
Nervere

Coiax

Post by Nervere » #512082

Haha, re-reading these braindead Goof comments gave me a good laugh.
Coiax has returned to the team as a TrialAdmin.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #512624

Based goodmin, everyone wanted him back as admin when he returned from his hiatus
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #542627

Has been retired for the time being.