[No Longer Admin] HotelBravoLima

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer Admin] HotelBravoLima

Post by MrStonedOne » #2315

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: HotelBravoLima

Post by Psyentific » #2468

Everything I've wanted to say to you, I've already said in private. I do hope you took my advice, though. It was pretty good advice.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #2515

As always, has the best events and is the most open, in my experience, to player suggestions and feedback on a round. Tends to let the players guide the fun and just see where it goes.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Alzam
Byond Username: Alzam

Post by Alzam » #2569

When they were made trialmin around a year ago they were way too button happy and while well meaning kind of dragged rounds down. They're much better about it now which shows that they actually seem to care about doing a great job which is a good sign. Also they're a good sport about things In game which is always a great trait for an admin. I've antagonized them (nothing directly bad but just harassing them and doing stupid shit) when they play AI a few times for basically no reason other than I don't like the game their AI name is from and I didn't get boinged because they were mad at me and tried to flex thier admin muscle or anything which is something other admins have done in the past (not to me in particular, but in general) so basically I think they're Cool and a Goodmin(tm)
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #2886

I always enjoy HBL's rounds, full of the unexpected and always adds new twists to sometimes otherwise stale rounds. Also I like the little "Defending centcomm" that happens when a antag group takes over the shuttle (IE xeno's/cult etc). Be nice if the dead would be these mobs rather than purely AI, kinda like a mini redemption.

Haven't really interacted that much with AHelp with HBL but what I have seen is they can be a tad slow or lost in their scenario. However I realise only human and can't be in all places at once.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #11825

gets too angry when criticized and will hold a grudge forever if angered, as far as i know im still hated by them

then again so do i, i might be hbl

still wondering how hbl went up the ladder so quick
you're gonna carry that weight
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #12011

Because everyone liked him when he just did events.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #12017

HBL is forever a testament to 'keep your head down, always type with proper syntax and never take an honest opinion on anything and you'll quickly become an admin.'

Honestly if you're just going to wait for other people to say what needs to be said when you're a fucking headmin and you have all the authority in the world to say things then just say 'i agree with him' when someone says it for you, you really shouldn't have that authority. And when he finally does speak the fuck up about something he's a whiny ass about it almost every time. Like completely regardless of him being right it sure would have meant a lot more if you stood up in the first place and said it instead of being what I consider to be kind of a coward. People respect you more when you speak your opinion in a way that finds a medium between 'brotemis 2edgy idontcareifyouhatemeidoitforfree' and 'don't mind me i'm a headmin that acts like a trialmin'

TL;DR HBL was there in a time when literally all the admins were recovering from a huge fucking drama bomb so I'm not saying HBL was power hungry but from what I understand from my secret sources deep inside the adminbus he was basically just eager when everyone besides intigracy really didn't give a shit iirc.
Last edited by Pandarsenic on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: irregardless --> regardless
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles

Post by miggles » #12066

>saying irregardless
lol
'i agree with him' - me, in response to that post

Back when advocates were a thing HBL came into #advocacybus and was like "hey people keep saying im shit what should i do everyone sucks" and we were like "dude stop saying everyone sucks and listen to what they're saying and don't be all bummed out" and he was like "ok" but as far as I can tell nothing has really changed.
The headmin position is emotionally killing HBL and I don't think he should really stay in it for that reason. He's talked about how he gets really fucking mad at spacemens and needs to take extended breaks all the time. And beyond the personal issues of all that, extreme anger and absences aren't really good qualities for any admin, let alone a headmin.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #12387

Does less than the bare minimum to justify his position.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #12396

Please stop starting events and then disconnecting, leaving the rest of us to finish them.

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. I can't remember a single "HBL Round" that ended with HBL present.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #12401

To be fair, the last round HBL did an event he said he had to go in 10-15 minutes (i.e. it wasn't a surprise), and it was just spawning aliens at roundstart.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #12414

Subtle wrote:Please stop starting events and then disconnecting, leaving the rest of us to finish them.

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. I can't remember a single "HBL Round" that ended with HBL present.
Hornygranny wrote:Does less than the bare minimum to justify his position.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #12433

Spawning aliens really doesn't constitute an event
I'd call it an "interference" if anything
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #12451

danno wrote:Spawning aliens really doesn't constitute an event
I'd call it an "interference" if anything
To be fair recently he has been doing straight alien rounds as a gamemode rather than just tossing them into the mix to see what happens.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #13034

Frequently oocs in ic, and vice versa. I don't enjoy seeing someone trying to >greentext in game, nor do I enjoy you admin announcing something from dead chat or currently happening in game. Muh immersions.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #13203

deadchat isn't ic
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #13207

Hornygranny wrote:deadchat isn't ic
Deadchat is hybrid IC/OOC. If it were OOC, you wouldn't be allowed to discuss in-round happenings. If it were IC, you wouldn't be able to just shoot the shit about how you hate ROUNDTYPE or PLAYERNAME or beg ADMINNAME for STUPIDEVENT.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #13208

no it's pretty obviously out of character, just not global ooc
Facundo

Post by Facundo » #13257

This is not the place to discuss deadchat, but, a good question would be what happens when someone uses the orb of scrying, what does he do with that information?

also, HBL spends very little time in artyomn, I miss buttons.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #13262

Orb of Scrying means you can talk with ghosts. It's part of its things.

I appreciate Hibbles talking to the still-living higher-ups for my Silicon Tyranny Robutt Project thing.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #13509

Facundo wrote:This is not the place to discuss deadchat, but, a good question would be what happens when someone uses the orb of scrying, what does he do with that information?

also, HBL spends very little time in artyomn, I miss buttons.
I've always thought you're talking to ghosts IC, so you can use that info IC. I think.

As far as HBL goes, stop leaving during your events and we'll be cool.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #13512

I feel like part of the reason HBL leaves is because when they start doing an event there are people who will talk about how bad events are etc.
But it's a cycle. You leave during an event and that event becomes bad. This makes people mad. They don't want that again. So next time you try, they lash out.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Facundo

Post by Facundo » #13533

There is always people that say how "x" is bad and how shit you should feel for making it, this is the internet, people are generally rude, and that is sad.
miggles

Post by miggles » #13655

if you dont want to do an event, dont do an event
but like dannos said if the reason youre leaving when you do events is because people complain its because you leave when you do events
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #13756

Clicked a bunch of buttons as a trialmin, became an admin and did the same, managed a rapid ascent to headmin through applied eventium and didn't really do too much with it, good admin, mediocre headmin 7/10 would mistake other admins button clickings for his and last word him insults again.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #14782

Y-You too.

Thanks for feedback, everybody.

I got really close to just kinda never logging in, again, again. This was a bit ago, with the thing between me and Intigracy and whatnot. And at that point, I dunno, I got slightly less stupid and followed the advice I kept getting to give less of a shit? So that's my general policy now. Shrug. Meh. Don't give half a shit. Not about, like, everything, but now I've been enjoying regular rounds playing the game, or running half-baked idiotic but hopefully fun events, or even just watching for grief and banning people or whatever. And thus paying less attenton to the IRC and Forums, which are both rather useful but which can also both be sources of a lot of stress and pointless frustration.

Here's a question for everybody: What would you like to see me do? Specifically, as Headmin while I still have it. I hear that I don't do shit, and that's true. So, well. If you were to have me do a thing, Headmin-wise, what would it be? PM me if you have a private suggestion you might get heat for like 'Remove admin X because they a shit' or whatever, but I'd honestly like to hear. I can't promise anything will come of it, because my being-arsed levels are in a critical shortage now, but may as well ask.

Keeping in mind, of course, that communication in the upper level of /tg/ management is very slow since SoS, unlike me, actually has a life that keeps him rather busy most days, I can assume the same is true for Deuryn, and that I don't have remote anymore.
RIP
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #14827

Can we stop excusing SoS' lazyness as 'having a life' this is extreme laziness at this point and not 'distracted'. It's been literally almost half a year since we were supposed to have new headmins man.

You have nobody to blame for losing remote but yourself hbl :?
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #14847

As far as I ever knew, Headmins were always supposed to be the vanguard which added and dictated new policy being implemented to the server, and were responsible for the rest of the admin team adhering to it. There are a few ideas for policy up for discussion that seem reasonable to look at (and others that really, really aren't worth the time) and I think it'd be really helpful to get Headmin opinion on them out in the public forum.

Another suggestion would be trying to see what you could do to get that precious REMOTE CONTROL back in your lap and set up the system for whatever new head admins come in next. I think it'd be more seamless and a little less retarded 'whad do I do' for potential whoevers into the new whatsit. Push a system for ban/note mirroring, which I assume runs on the same thing. SOMEBODY has to have the ability and time to look into this after everything broke off from the old website.

As for actual feedback? You've always been one of those admins that I 'feared' in a certain way. Not much stuck out in terms of personality from a player perspective other than "has a temper and presses buttons." I can't speak for much else, but after having done some Candidate time on the servers with you and seeing conversations in #adminbus, I can see the hearsay for what it was. There is a temper in you, but I've witnessed more than once your ability to settle things and smooth it out, admitting differences with whoever was involved and actually expressing some forgiveness about it. That's really a lot more than I could say for others I've seen get involved in internet fights here and elsewhere.
Uitary

Post by Uitary » #22339

I'm pretty sure I'm on his shitlist, but I don't really have any beef.
Greyhoundfd

Post by Greyhoundfd » #22475

Your events keep the game from getting repetitive for me, which is something I appreciate greatly. Hell, remembering some of the crazy shit you used to run on rounds was partly why I've started playing Space Station 13 again. I've just come to know you as "The Event Admin", and when you're on I tend to stay on.

As a guy who routinely plays HoS, I'll tell you that people in this playerbase can and will whine about anything. Whether it's being too harsh, being too loose, or even dealing with problems the way they're supposed to be dealt with. Don't build an ego, but given what I've seen you should take most of the complaints you get with less than a grain of salt. You're a good admin, be proud of it.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #23822

Bluespace wrote:I actually spoke to HBL in adminbus and asked for your ban to be lifted.
Hibbles wrote:What makes you say he's back?
I want to know if this means what I think it means, i.e. that HBL still refuses to lift Brotemis's perma despite the fact that the very person Brotemis banned and was basically the centerpiece of this bullshit drama flat out asked him to lift it. If so, I gotta say, that's pretty fucking petty, HBL.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #26570

Jacough wrote:
Bluespace wrote:I actually spoke to HBL in adminbus and asked for your ban to be lifted.
Hibbles wrote:What makes you say he's back?
I want to know if this means what I think it means, i.e. that HBL still refuses to lift Brotemis's perma despite the fact that the very person Brotemis banned and was basically the centerpiece of this bullshit drama flat out asked him to lift it.
Kind of wondering if HBL is ever going to answer this one simple question.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #26578

I just checked the ban panel on Sibyl. It appears to still be in place.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #26579

Pandarsenic wrote:I just checked the ban panel on Sibyl. It appears to still be in place.
Thank you Pandarsenic. Care to explain this HBL or are you just going to continue ignoring your feedback thread like you have for the past three weeks?
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #26668

If I was brotermis I wouldn't want to come back after how he was treated.

This was a shitty thing to do and we lost of the few admins who actually got shit done because of he sorted shit out with people who had their noses in somewhere dark and smelly.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #26733

ColonicAcid wrote:If I was brotermis I wouldn't want to come back after how he was treated.

This was a shitty thing to do and we lost of the few admins who actually got shit done because of he sorted shit out with people who had their noses in somewhere dark and smelly.
HBL from what I've seen so far, has this nasty little habit of encouraging shitty behavior among the admins and punishing any other admins who have the balls to put a stop to those admins' shitty behavior. I'm sure anyone who knows about the little incident involing Elyina, Intigracy, HBL, and a mysteriously disappearing ban appeal thread knows what I'm talking about. I had quite a bit of respect for HBL when he first started and saw some good in him. At this point though, he just needs to go.

But hey, what does it matter? HBL knows he can get away with being absolute shit. I guarantee you that he'll completely ignore this thread and won't directly respond to any criticsm I throw his way. Hell, I'll even bet $10 on it. 10 bucks goes straight to SoS for hosting for tgstation if HBL actually responds to this thread and addresses my questions regarding Brotemis' ban as well as my criticism regarding his general behavior.

Spoiler alert: He won't and SoS will have missed out on saving an easy bit of money on hosting.
Hibbles

Post by Hibbles » #27210

Brotemis was given the same kind of ban I give to players when I want to know more about the situation and questioning them directly about it isn't an option, or is difficult. Namely, a permaban, with one condition. Come to us and explain. Specifically, the terms of it were that he had to come on IRC and explain himself to either Deuryn or SoS to their satisfaction. Period. That's it. You can ask any admin if you don't believe me, that's the literal wording of the ban. And if he did talk to SoS or Deuryn and either of them were satisfied with the situation? Then the ban goes off.

Just like that.

Brotemis literally felt he was above having to explain himself to the other headmin or the host for this mess. Not just that he was absolutely right, but that he was above any form of question. This isn't even about me and him, because I predicted this and specified his two options were Deuryn or SoS.

And guess what, he never showed his metaphorical face. Why exactly then should I do anything but what we do with a player who gets a ban, is told to come to the forums to explain, and then never actually does?

At this point in my opinion, it's either make him actually do the thing that anybody is expected to do, that is, account for themselves after making a Bolddecisive Call On An Issue, or stop reviewing admin decisions at all in any form or even ask them to explain.
RIP
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #27259

For those who don't know, we are supposed to be on IRC while adminning, which Brotemis almost never was in the first place.
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #27380

Not that I would ever come back anyway, especially considering condoning poor behavior from other admins, regardless of you trying to think that I am above the rules. I said I would accept my punishment and did.

Long live sanctioned admin abuse of players
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #27665

Brotemis wrote: Long live sanctioned admin abuse of players
Hahah Brotemis. What, you're complaining about the 'adminspiracy' now? Don't worry, we all know you'll be back as admin soon enough, and you can go back to your sanctioned abuse of players.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #27667

Wow, HBL handled this mess like a pro: http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1372

Nice work HBL. Seriously, 10/10 investigating, 10/10 headminning, 10/10 doesn't afraid of correcting other admin's mistakes, and 10/10 professionalism.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #27727

Hibbles wrote:Brotemis was given the same kind of ban I give to players when I want to know more about the situation and questioning them directly about it isn't an option, or is difficult. Namely, a permaban, with one condition. Come to us and explain. Specifically, the terms of it were that he had to come on IRC and explain himself to either Deuryn or SoS to their satisfaction. Period. That's it. You can ask any admin if you don't believe me, that's the literal wording of the ban. And if he did talk to SoS or Deuryn and either of them were satisfied with the situation? Then the ban goes off.

Just like that.

Brotemis literally felt he was above having to explain himself to the other headmin or the host for this mess. Not just that he was absolutely right, but that he was above any form of question. This isn't even about me and him, because I predicted this and specified his two options were Deuryn or SoS.

And guess what, he never showed his metaphorical face. Why exactly then should I do anything but what we do with a player who gets a ban, is told to come to the forums to explain, and then never actually does?

At this point in my opinion, it's either make him actually do the thing that anybody is expected to do, that is, account for themselves after making a Bolddecisive Call On An Issue, or stop reviewing admin decisions at all in any form or even ask them to explain.
Alright, thank you for explaining. Based on your explanation as well as Brotemis' explanation, I can see how this came to a sort of stalemate. Also a promise is a promise and once I'm out of detox I'll talk to SoS about sending him some cash over paypal.
Hibbles

Post by Hibbles » #27997

I appreciate it, just the fact that we could speak about it kinda reasonably and whatnot is good, but SoS shells out, uh. I'm not sure how much exactly, but it's a large sum to make sure we have awesome servers to grief each other on, every month. Every bit helps. If he even accepts it. Also ty damiac.
RIP
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #27999

damiac wrote:Wow, HBL handled this mess like a pro: http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1372

Nice work HBL. Seriously, 10/10 investigating, 10/10 headminning, 10/10 doesn't afraid of correcting other admin's mistakes, and 10/10 professionalism.
i was pretty sure this was going to be sarcastic, but i was wrong #wow

on topic you are doing better recently hbl
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #28531

I gave him a really mean review when I was a trialmin FNR. I'd like to publicly apologize for that. Only thing I have to say is he isn't around much anymore. In the past I feel like myself and others were too hard on HBL.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #33844

Always fun to talk to, a great admin, and likes my AI Satellite.

Keep on truckin!
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #34413

HBL is a good admin; he’s mischievous in all of his events that I’ve seen runned by more often than any other admin I’ve seen. His event’s makes me want to strangle him whenever it ruins my round, I laugh when he ruins other peoples round. Every time when it’s past the hour mark and HBL is on I start to become paranoid, even more so as the HoS or Cap.
HBL is funmin all the time, everytime.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #35490

Shit has to roll up hill before it rolls down hill. In other words, a joke about how military brass don't care about what the enlisted plebs are doing unless it affects them.

Which is why I'm coming to you HBL.

You're a headmin, I'm still not sure what exactly your responsibilities are but I'm sure you could have stepped in or thrown your authority around in some way which could have affected how the name policy issue went. I believe adminbus did not act according to the standards that SoS would have wanted them to in regards to having an unwritten policy that still isn't sufficiently written down.

Even if it's not your responsibility to care about these things, you're one of the few people who have the authority to productively give a fuck about it, unlike the powerless masses like myself who can only make easily disregarded forum posts. Please make an effort to force some sort of openness and reason into future policy changes, please.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Hibbles

Post by Hibbles » #36167

I definitely understand where you're coming from, but hopefully the name policy will turn out to not affect most people. Mainly it's just fair warning that we'll stop tolerating some of the worst examples, because this is one area where, if you let things slide a little, they just keep sliding. More people see 'Hey, X did Y, I can surely do Z!' and we're off to the races, bit by bit. At least in my own personal experience.

There are some policies we consult people more on, and some less so. We can at least try to be more open about stuff, sometimes, but I can't promise total openness or that sometimes we won't make decisions that people disagree with. Tbh sometimes, not always, consulting 'the public' just results in less getting done.

EDIT: Fucking HBL removes admin feedback only to add it again? Elections when?