[No Longer an Admin]MimicFaux

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer an Admin]MimicFaux

Post by MrStonedOne » #168041

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Re: MimicFaux

Post by icecreamcohn » #169036

I found Mimic to be a lazy Trialmin. Most other Admins will give a little more detail about an issue or what they are doing. Not Mimic. I made an ahelp about a AI that willingly let a RD upload a high risk module. As in the AI opened its window for the RD(RD was at the High risk Modules when the AI opened the window.) The only response I got back from them was "Valid". Nothing else.

Come to find out that all he did was ask the AI why he let the RD have the high risk modules. Never checked finger prints to see how the upload console was accessed or even addressed how a new law was added.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #169074

icecreamcohn wrote:I found Mimic to be a lazy Trialmin. Most other Admins will give a little more detail about an issue or what they are doing. Not Mimic. I made an ahelp about a AI that willingly let a RD upload a high risk module. As in the AI opened its window for the RD(RD was at the High risk Modules when the AI opened the window.) The only response I got back from them was "Valid". Nothing else.

Come to find out that all he did was ask the AI why he let the RD have the high risk modules. Never checked finger prints to see how the upload console was accessed or even addressed how a new law was added.
Unfortunately this is sometimes the case for admin helps. The most information we can give out is very limited while the round is still going. I imagine they did all the behind the scenes work to figure out what happened, and once learned that the actions were valid, simply ended up giving that as a response
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #169079

tedward1337 wrote:
icecreamcohn wrote:I found Mimic to be a lazy Trialmin. Most other Admins will give a little more detail about an issue or what they are doing. Not Mimic. I made an ahelp about a AI that willingly let a RD upload a high risk module. As in the AI opened its window for the RD(RD was at the High risk Modules when the AI opened the window.) The only response I got back from them was "Valid". Nothing else.

Unfortunately this is sometimes the case for admin helps. The most information we can give out is very limited while the round is still going. I imagine they did all the behind the scenes work to figure out what happened, and once learned that the actions were valid, simply ended up giving that as a response
Yeah, I think sometimes the roundtype can't be spoilered because it is still going on. "Valid" is enough of a big clue as it is.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #169201

Needs to learn the art of the Subtle Deflection to questions like "Is he valid" or "Got killed was a griffer" (when asked by someone literally already in the cloner)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #169445

Mimic one time spinned a report I made about a AI not following its laws like it should, to trying to make me guilty for going into the captains office one round.

The AI was refusing to follow law 2 requests because "HUMAN HARM POTENTIAL", when I ahelped mimic began trying to say I was the rule breaker by being in the captains office as a non antag in the first place, and tried arguing the AI was in the right to refuse access when it was asking for "Reasons" and saying we didn't have access so it wasn't going to open the door.

Thank god Saegramir came online and spoke to him about it, but still.

Now on the off chance this was not Mimic and it was the other trial then it can be moved to their page and ill edit it.
Duncdar
Byond Username: Duncdar

Post by Duncdar » #176128

Acts polite and respectful in OOC and when dealing with ahelps, and seems to be diligent in solving issues. Mimic's an overall a good trialmin on Basil.

Hadrian is a complete man-whore, though.
~lighter than Aire~
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #176200

There can be only one token furry ;P

But seriously. Has a lot of nice ideas, needs to be less afraid to get stuck in or just ask other admins for help/clarifications, but is learning for sure.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #180414

Responded to my ahelp swiftly yesterday on basil, and gave me a cookie. Although no details were given after the griffoning, it was resolved well enough.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #195266

gave the rarest hat

enjoys drone laws

good admin
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #196756

Thank you all for the comments and criticisms. I'll be taking these all to heart moving forward and be the best 'min I can be.
ImageImageImage
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #202864

A good egg who endorses and upholds the number 1 rule of a good admin. That being "have fun"
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #205228

A good admin who can understand everyones way of fun, and will try to let them do so if it's not biased or enabling trolling
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #206005

Played the best combat upgrade AI I ever had the pleasure to work with. :D
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #206946

Deleted a singularity I had early round released as traitor engineer because he hadn't checked my antag status before going ahead. Besides that, friendly interactions and quick responses from this admin.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Rare Akuma
Byond Username: Always Bet Rare Akuma

Post by Rare Akuma » #212993

Rolls for antag every single round, then suicides when he doesn't get it, taking up a precious job slot and proceeds to push a million different spawn buttons until he gets one of them. Or he spawns himself in as a syndie op and sells syndie gear to the crew. Regardless of round type.

Has done this 100% of the rounds I've seen him play.
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #213270

Rare Akuma wrote:Rolls for antag every single round, then suicides when he doesn't get it, taking up a precious job slot and proceeds to push a million different spawn buttons until he gets one of them. Or he spawns himself in as a syndie op and sells syndie gear to the crew. Regardless of round type.

Has done this 100% of the rounds I've seen him play.
I appreciate the feedback, and do try to remodel my behaviour with the feedback I get in mind.
It's true, I used to roll/suicide a lot in my early spacemen days. Typically on yog/hippie station while I was bouncing around servers looking for a home. Wasn't until I started taking on head roles that I realized what an awful thing it was to do when I had one or two underlings dead in my department every shift. On top of now being down a pair of hands I could have made use of, I also now had to worry about their bodies and ID badges falling into wrong hands. With regards to self spawning in, I've a couple of counterpoints; but please add in if I've missed anything. As it stands, a few of the antag spawns pull from the existing ghost pool without a prompt, blob in particular is bad about this. There is a PR under review I believe at the moment to fix this. Occasionally I've had to offer myself up back to the existing ghosts so I can continue doing ghost-things, like building a maze at central command for the crew to stumble through at the end of the round.

Lastly, yes I have spawned myself in as a syndicate operative a number of times. As part of an ongoing gimmick, if I see an existing traitor has bought a syndicate encryption key, I'll create the Syndicate Coordinator. To give them someone to talk to, and through him, offer alternatives to perhaps outright murderboning the station because they've nothing else to do. Additional missions and tasks in exchange for a few bits of extra equipment and such. A variation on this is the nervous syndicate trader which you've probably seen as well. Which is just that, a shopkeep that sets up his store generally somewhere in maint. My own take on other merchant events I've seen run where someone docks at the arrivals port and offers a range of rare/dangerous/hilarious goods to the crew.

If there is anything left unaddressed, please let me know, either here or in PMs.
ImageImageImage
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #213386

The Syndicate Coordinator is a brilliant gimmick and nothing can convince me otherwise. It's nice to have some support as a lone potato.
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #213555

A bit too many memes, but overall a good admin.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
ImNotTraitor
Byond Username: ImNotTraitor

Post by ImNotTraitor » #229159

Mimic wants to be a good admin but fails to look at specifics in a adminhelp.
http://imgur.com/a/3Nc0j
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #229178

don’t fucking dispose of bodies permanently unless they're your antag target you shitter.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #229183

He did the right thing, not disposing of the body would have been stupid, the guy was clearly an asshole who was out to murder and I imagine there was a miscommunication.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #229201

oranges wrote:don’t fucking dispose of bodies permanently unless they're your antag target you shitter.
Rule 10. Nobody is obligated to hold your hand and revive you after you try and kill them.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #229214

I can quote rules from the wiki to

Rule 1) Don't be a dick.

You don't have to permanently dispose of someone just because they were trash talking in the same way nobody is obligated to revive the dead guy. A real robust spaceman doesn't fear some guy coming back from the dead for round 2
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #229216

Thing is, he wasn't disposed of JUST because he trashtalked.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #229217

>trash talking

He tried to kill a random person out in the wildnerness because a third party took his gear. If he'd actually suceeded he'd have caught a day ban, they did him a favour by killing him.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #229219

>that doesn't mean you can take the equipment of existing miners

Was that a rule? I thought it's a first come first serve basis, unless there's proof the person directly stole the miner suit from Green.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #229275

oranges wrote:I can quote rules from the wiki to

Rule 1) Don't be a dick.

You don't have to permanently dispose of someone just because they were trash talking in the same way nobody is obligated to revive the dead guy. A real robust spaceman doesn't fear some guy coming back from the dead for round 2
Did you miss the part where they shanked the other incorrect miner?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #229305

Honestly, it's just a note that was applied and it was for more or less the chasming of the body. Nobody is denying the actions of the one miner was shitty. Also seems the admins on may have missed the IC in OOC from the offender.

Non-Antag disposing of bodies is such a divided subject amongst admins who some believe it's justified and while others believe it's not as I've seen us debate this many times before.

I personally feel spacing/gibbing/chasming body should be reserved and follow more escalation. If you get them revived and they're still being a shithead then go ahead. Yet, the counterpoint to that is, "Well, you just get someone who you killed revived and they are going to do the same shit." It's a fair point and it is true most the time. Yet the thing is I feel other matters can be employed to pacify them and if they're shit again dunk them for the final time. That is my opinion though on the matter.

I guess I could discuss the non-antag body removing with admins/headmins again, yet the last time I recall it was just a debate that resulted in really no sound decision.
Freedom
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #245636

at least remove the chasm note, the miner was intent to kill the botanist and he would have 100% come back to try again if given the chance, all over an OPTIONAL ITEM FOR MINING. OPTIONAL
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #246476

Really glad to see an admin that's so active and willing to stay on and handle things during really busy times. Seems reasonable and haven't noticed any problems with him yet. A+
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #247021

Yes in other non-chasm related happenings this admin is great
scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #250093

Did a fun Jojo meme gimick with me

First he let me tc trade for a stand (I'm never calling them Guardians). Then we brainstormed together for a meme gimick where he renamed me Dio and gave me a mirror to look more Dio-esq. Then he gave a few other crewmembers stands and buffed my stand so we could only be defeated by the power of friendship. He even made "It was me, Dio!" float above my head. It was a really fun round and I hope admins do stuff like this more often.
Thanks, Kev.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #250134

scrubs2009 wrote:Did a fun Jojo meme gimick with me
Deadmin immediately
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #250137

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
scrubs2009 wrote:Did a fun Jojo meme gimick with me
Deadmin immediately
How boutx we deadmin you
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #257290

made an announcement just to demand feedback god damn
scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #259707

Really understanding and helpful.

I made the mistake of doing a tc trade to become an ayy scientist while babysitting my baby sister. She woke up from her nap and went on call. Normally if I were a solo antag I would just hide in a locker every 5 minutes when she started crying but since I was on a team I figured it wouldn't be very fun for the ayy agent to wait around for me. Mimic was nice enough to not only offer ghost control of my ayy but also let me go ayy again next round after my older-younger sister got back from work and could take care of the baby. Really understanding and a pretty fun admin.

TLDR: My baby sister was :honk: when I wanted her to be :silentman: and mimic let me become an ayy next round so I wasn't :salt:
Thanks, Kev.