2k17 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by Screemonster » #259106

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridg ... _headlines
Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #259111

You should start writing a VN.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #259218

Guess who just won a copy of the dragon dating sim.

VNs need characters who are utterly fucked up but can be pushed in the right direction (not fixed completely, of course) by a player who understands them and wants to get into their pants.
You seem to have a grasp of fucked up.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #259245

Relax, just joking.
I mean, it is a good game (and there isn't any fug), but I would never willingly throw money at anyone who didn't ask.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #259913

Trump says boys have to use the boys bathroom
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #260035

Trump is right again

Someone stop this man, hos c-c-c-combo is astronomical
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #260106

Another pointless controversy. Do you look like a man? Use the gentlemen's. You look like a woman? Use the ladies'. Nobody is gonna run a karyotype test on you at the bathroom stall. All the people screaming "Now Buck Angel will be forced to use the same bathroom as your daughters!" are idiots, if he goes in the ladies' room it would be just to stir some shit (...) not because THE LAW forces him to.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #260126

pretty sure I remember hearing the first time this legislation rolled around there were stories of women being blocked from using the bathrooms by self-appointed toilet guardians or some shit

the worst is when they're all individual little cubicles and they slap a little gender-doll sign on them as if somehow men and women drop deuces differently
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #261496

Trump went into the ladies room constantly and nobody arrested him. I don't get the big deal. Other than having to share stalls and having to listen to people poop can't we just have a unisex bathroom?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261502

No, that'd cost a fuckload of money if it were required, and it's totally needless. If businesses feel the need to build a unisex bathroom on their own that's fine. There are already bathrooms that exist just use one of them, nobody really cares.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
starmute

Post by starmute » #261505

ShadowDimentio wrote:No, that'd cost a fuckload of money if it were required, and it's totally needless. If businesses feel the need to build a unisex bathroom on their own that's fine. There are already bathrooms that exist just use one of them, nobody really cares.
I'm just saying nobody cares. How about both of them become uni-sex.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #261507

Guy the other day was telling my about how his company had just turned all their bathrooms into unisex bathrooms by taking the signs down since they were all single-cubicle deals anyway, and apparently this was some confusing spectacle for the customers, like they couldn't figure it out

you literally have a single-person unisex bathroom in your house

how is this a difficult concept to grasp
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #261508

I care, apparently female toilets are filthy as FUCK despite the propensity for male toilets to smell like piss after hard usage.

Females can go up their fucking hygiene standards before stepping into our piss-smelling sanctuaries.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261510

Because more than a few people prefer it that way for peace of mind I'm sure, the "nobody cares" bit is more directed towards the occasions where some transgender has to shit and there's no unisex bathroom, I sincerely doubt anybody cares if they go into whatever bathroom as the situation would be so rare you'd likely never even notice it unless someone was making a huge deal about it.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #261537

As long as they don't make a huge mess of the place, I don't think any guy would honestly care for a woman to use the men's room, or really anyone at all. We're there to take a leak or in really bad cases a dump, not for the company
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #261548

1. Women have a tendency to go in groups to gossip
2. Wasn't there already a 15 year old girl molested by a pervert in a dress?
starmute

Post by starmute » #261672

Malkevin wrote:1. Women have a tendency to go in groups to gossip
2. Wasn't there already a 15 year old girl molested by a pervert in a dress?
1. Thats not what bathrooms were made for.
2. Both men and women get molested and accosted in the bathroom anyways (see sources). What we need is better stalls.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2121953/p ... ing-rooms/
http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/201 ... /95393524/
http://fox13now.com/2016/01/14/utah-man ... -bathroom/
http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/2 ... d-children
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #261745

Also that women in groups thing is pretty much a myth past high school
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #261848

have you ever spoken to a woman outside of highschool? like, I don't mean to be rude, but seriously
Limey wrote:its too late.
XSI

Post by XSI » #261971

Where do you think you are?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #262016

Qbopper wrote:
have you ever spoken to a woman outside of highschool? like, I don't mean to be rude, but seriously
It still happens though.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #262084

Qbopper wrote:
I've worked in offices and I've worked in schools, I've seen the gaggle of women head off to the toilet together, granted its usually the young women that are fresh from school but that's beside the point

Where I see it most often is night clubs and shopping centres

Shopping centres of course are the frequent hang out teenagers, now I don't know about you but if I'm in a cubicle trying to crimp one out I don't want to over hear some little bint going "omg my periods are so messy", or bitching about how much of a dick head her boyfriend is and how she'd wish he'd stop trying to jam it in her arse.

Plus if toilets go unisex that means the piss trough and urinals will be gone and replaced with cubicles, of which they'd be less of and I don't want to queue to drain the lizard because queuing to take a leak is a thing for the inferior sex.
starmute

Post by starmute » #262155

Malkevin wrote:
Plus if toilets go unisex that means the piss trough and urinals will be gone and replaced with cubicles, of which they'd be less of and I don't want to queue to drain the lizard because queuing to take a leak is a thing for the inferior sex.
Or you just have no aim and piss all over the toilet seat? Do you have to have your special snowflake urinal at home too?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #262160

>There will be fewer toilets and I don't want to wait when I have to piss
>Lmao stop pissing all over the toilet seat

??????

Fact: You can fit two to three urinals to every one cubicle.
Fact: Unisex bathrooms would likely not have urinals because of the high risk of some little girl going to the bathroom seeing some guy's dick as he pisses
Fact: There's never a queue at your house unless your entire family is incontinent and there aren't enough bathrooms
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #262214

starmute wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Or you just have no aim and piss all over the toilet seat? Do you have to have your special snowflake urinal at home too?
Dost thou have a dick?

Urinals require good aim to avoid splash back, unless you suffer from dribble cock from have a weak prostate.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #262230

In moderately more important news

Trump did a speech last night. Apparently it was absolutely fucking godlike because CNN actually had good things to say about it, even if they did try to get some chucklefuck senator to compliment it between throwing barbs about how Trump finally managed to stop #triggering them minorities.

Will watch later.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #262436

I've heard the democrats didn't clap, mocked him and made fools out of themselves. Burgers, is this true?
Bring back papercult.

Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #262438

yeah, it was a p. gud speech. hopeful. it'll change a lot of minds i'd guess.

can't confirm on the leftist triggering though; i can't see how they would dislike it, save that it came out of trump's mouth. maybe that's all it is.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #262448

It felt bizzarly presidential for trump. But yeah for most of the speech Democrats sat down
Cik

Post by Cik » #262451

trump can be presidential when he wants to be. the off-the-cuff style he has is not really an affectation probably, and it's imperfect, but people like it and that's pretty much what he won on the back of so he keeps doing it.

he's not as smart as some people think, but he's definitely not as dumb as some people think.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #262457

Wait, people think he's smart?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #262458

many people believe he is bigly smart
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #262467

DemonFiren wrote:Wait, people think he's smart?
> Won the presidency as a complete outsider with no connections or ground game
> Ruined two families of career politicians beyond recovery
> Outplayed both republicans and democrats at every turn
But no, surely Drumpf is a dumbfuck.
Bring back papercult.

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #262474

InsaneHyena wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Wait, people think he's smart?
> Won the presidency as a complete outsider with no connections or ground game
> Ruined two families of career politicians beyond recovery
> Outplayed both republicans and democrats at every turn
But no, surely Drumpf is a dumbfuck.
This. Say what you will about his intelligence, he's got plenty of charisma, which is really the only stat that matters in a president as it's what's called on for checks in dealing with congress and consoling the population when shit inevitably goes south.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #262480

It's interesting watching interviews with GWB now the pressure's off him and he doesn't have to "be president" any more.

A lot of people made "hurr hurr bush is dum" jokes for his entire term but you don't get to be in that office by being dumb.
XSI

Post by XSI » #262481

Clearly you do need some minimum, or we'd be seeing a president JEB! now
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #262507

XSI wrote:Clearly you do need some minimum, or we'd be seeing a president JEB! now
Please clap.
starmute

Post by starmute » #262522

XSI wrote:Clearly you do need some minimum, or we'd be seeing a president JEB! now
Trump was elected on more than his charisma. He was elected on a platform of Nationalism and exceptionalism. "IE: America is number one and we aren't responsible for the worlds problems".

This is what I'm afraid of:

[youtube]d8O1e_TZHZo[/youtube]
Cik

Post by Cik » #262524

america is pretty gud and we aren't responsible for the world's problems except the problems that we created

which is like half of the problems but you know, not all of them
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #262530

There is nothing wrong with nationalism
Bring back papercult.

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #262534

Trump's secret to success was acting like he knew what he was doing, even if he didn't. His plans might not work, hell they probably won't work, but he does seem to give a shit about most people's issues, and how he keeps holding rallies even after he won people's votesto listen and talk to them says that he'll have his finger on the pulse of public opinion better than any president ever has, especially how he constantly keeps railing on the media, and justly so, for being biased as fuck.

Unless Trump fucks up absolutely irreparably catastrophically badly or Jesus Christ decides to run as an independent in 2020, he's going to probably have the election in the BAG.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #262537

Bring back papercult.

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #262538

CNN started a fistfight with Trump but quickly realized once he put the stranglehold on them (read: revoked their access to press meetings) that they were going to lose and are now trying to beg forgiveness.

Too little too late I'd bet though.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #262607

Ah, freedom of the press.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #262625

The press is free. They can report on anything they want, he is not obligated to invite them when he knows they are going to be disruptive and obnoxious to bait him for sound clips for their latest "trump goes on a mad tirade about fake news" article. If cnn wants to flip flop their position and suck dick for an invitation to the trunp train thats a reflection on their lack of integrity.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #262632

crag is right
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #262633

InsaneHyena wrote:I've heard the democrats didn't clap, mocked him and made fools out of themselves. Burgers, is this true?
wow, I've never heard of that happening before

[youtube]fnF4rQQktfs[/youtube]

edit: actually embeddable version
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
starmute

Post by starmute » #262637

InsaneHyena wrote:There is nothing wrong with nationalism
Nationalism leads to a sense of superiority. We forget about what is good for our species and focus on what is good for our country. North Korea is the apex of nationalism, it's people hoodwinked into hating the outside world so much that they hurt their own.

Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #262638

> "We're all one species, we must get along" meme
What a noble, idealistic notion. Except to me it sounds like "Please bend over and get fucked. Sure, it's not good for you, it's not good for your people, it's not good for your country, but it's good for somebody else! You're not selfish, are you?". For some reason, I don't think that this somebody is thinking about the greater good as he's ramming me in the ass. I think his train of thought is more like "Would you look at this moron, who feeds and clothes me and my family of seventeen on his taxes".
Bring back papercult.

XSI

Post by XSI » #262644

Nationalism is an absolute must-have for a civilised nation. Otherwise you may as well start stocking up on cruise missiles and ancap memes.
Nationalism inspires people to work together with people they don't know, it inspires people to take care of their fellow countrymen, and to ensure the future is bright for the kids of people they've never met before.

North Korea isn't as much nationalism and more just a dictator forcing worship of himself and the thing that grants him power(With strict punishments for disagreeing). If you want to see nationalism, look at Japan instead.
Nationalism is love for one's own country and countrymen. Not hatred for those outside of the country. The term for that is 'globalism'
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #262645

Putting your country first is not a bad thing, its Realpolitik. As a citizen I want my country to do their best for me and mine. The CEO of burger king would find himself without a job if he spent all his time making Jack in the Box and Carls Junior profitable at the expense of his own company.