How many of you can drive?

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

How many of you can drive?

Post by WineAllWine » #672747

Inspired by this digg thread: https://www.digg.com/r/AskUK/comments ... g_license/

I live in central London so there is absolutely no need to drive so I've never learnt.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: How many of you can drive?

Post by Misdoubtful » #672768

Can drive, didn't need a car anymore when I moved to a place with actual public transit.

Rest of the US of A weeping?
Hugs
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #672772

driving is pretty much a requirement in countryside ireland, so i do drive (as much as i hate it)
respect (let him do his thing)
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #672785

I have a car that I use for errands but my City has an amazing Subway and transit system so I use that when heading downtown. Canada REPRESENT.

I do love solo road trips into the interior. I try to do one every summer, excited for it this year!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #672788

My current job requires me to drive and having a valid licence is part of my employment contract.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #672808

I drive and have a motorcycle as well. I do live in the city but I never use the public transit because it's slower than driving almost every time and I have to share space with others. I only really use the campus bus because my university has two campuses and I can't park on one of them unless I'm riding my motorcycle that day. When I visited DC I parked at a metro station and road the metro in, it was a better experience than I thought it would be but I still prefer driving. Not sure why Europeans think Americans are seething at having to drive everywhere.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #672864

BeeSting12 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:57 pm Not sure why Europeans think Americans are seething at having to drive everywhere.
Genuine question, how long does it take for you to walk to a supermarket?
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #672884

Boris wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:17 pm
BeeSting12 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:57 pm Not sure why Europeans think Americans are seething at having to drive everywhere.
Probably 30 minutes (compared to a 5 minute drive). People around me definitely do it because I've seen the occasional shopping cart parked outside my apartment complex. It's a little under 2 miles. I drive to the supermarket because it allows me to carry a weeks supply of groceries home and walking would turn a 30 minute trip into an hour and 30 minute trip. The farthest you'd catch me walking to shop is across the street to the gas station convenience store.

Do you walk to the super market?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #672947

Motorcycles and big vans for me. :D
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #672961

In this vast and dismal land of America, where the roads stretch endlessly into the horizon, a car is a necessity for survival. Thus, I have resigned myself to the fate of driving, and driving often, through the gloomy streets and the lonely highways. I feel a constant dread in my soul, as if some unseen horror lurks behind every turn and every mile. I drive, and I drive, and I drive, but I find no peace or rest.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #672976

I drive and I enjoy doing so as I do not drive in a city. If you live in a US city and must drive, I would first advise you to get out while you still can and secondly to get fuzzy dice for your car. I have a pair myself. My car doesnt have an aux cord so i need to burn cds to listen to music in it but I think using the track changing feature of the stereo is much more streamlined than hooking up a phone running some app with some shoddy ui. All i need to do is put in a cd and press a button twice then im listening to voodoo people pendulum remix by the prodigy best known for voodoo people pendulum remix among other feats such as voodoo people and the pendulum remix there of. Or if i've had a particularly wonderful day I will put on bathtime in clerkenwell by the real tuesday weld
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #672987

Capsandi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:04 am I drive and I enjoy doing so as I do not drive in a city. If you live in a US city and must drive, I would first advise you to get out while you still can and secondly to get fuzzy dice for your car. I have a pair myself. My car doesnt have an aux cord so i need to burn cds to listen to music in it but I think using the track changing feature of the stereo is much more streamlined than hooking up a phone running some app with some shoddy ui. All i need to do is put in a cd and press a button twice then im listening to voodoo people pendulum remix by the prodigy best known for voodoo people pendulum remix among other feats such as voodoo people and the pendulum remix there of. Or if i've had a particularly wonderful day I will put on bathtime in clerkenwell by the real tuesday weld
Bluetooth FM transmitter is way better than the cursed ass shit you are talking about and there is no UI. I'm a tech geek and don't even have the ability to burn CD in this day and age.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #672991

I place CD-drivelets in the same category as those apple users who act like charging their earbuds is so worth not having an audio jack.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #672993

What I mentioned doesn't use an audio jack
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #673010

No im a passenger princess gaming

I should change that (need to find a spot to practice)
► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #673029

First thing I did in every car I bought was upgrade the radio to one with aux in and USB.

Latest car I'm driving has both plus android auto and works direct with my phone. Very nice.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #673093

Y'all crazyyyy, driving is awesome. For like 6 years I drove around 15-20min to and frow school or college. Start your day with some tunes and vibe in your car. Used to drive 2+ hours every day of every weekend when an ex lived a little ways away.

I also hate public transit. Even in the places it's good I hate it. Way too many bodies around, packed like sardines, you hold onto some rail the last 600 people touched while some old guy stares at you, then you get whisked away like one of those drivethrough bank transit tubes. Just not nearly as comfortable as your own cushioney car with your radio and music. Maybe even call someone up or listen to a podcast if it's extra long.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673095

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:26 pm Y'all crazyyyy, driving is awesome. For like 6 years I drove around 15-20min to and frow school or college. Start your day with some tunes and vibe in your car. Used to drive 2+ hours every day of every weekend when an ex lived a little ways away.

I also hate public transit. Even in the places it's good I hate it. Way too many bodies around, packed like sardines, you hold onto some rail the last 600 people touched while some old guy stares at you, then you get whisked away like one of those drivethrough bank transit tubes. Just not nearly as comfortable as your own cushioney car with your radio and music. Maybe even call someone up or listen to a podcast if it's extra long.
There are some places with top tier enjoyable cheap public transit, none of the places with those qualities were in America
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #673096

Armhulen wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:31 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:26 pm Y'all crazyyyy, driving is awesome. For like 6 years I drove around 15-20min to and frow school or college. Start your day with some tunes and vibe in your car. Used to drive 2+ hours every day of every weekend when an ex lived a little ways away.

There are some places with top tier enjoyable cheap public transit, none of the places with those qualities were in America
In my experience it's even worse in Europe. On top of the other general uncomfiness you have to worry about getting pickpocketed too (or drunks shouting and being obnoxious on the subways but that's America too).

I suppose the best I'd seen was Germany but even then you can't really get away from all the hustle bustle, wouldn't you rather kick back in your nice comfy carseat, tuck your coffee into your cupholder, and put on your favorite tunes while you sing along? Hell maybe even stop off for some food or drive to the store... You're the boss of your transit!!
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673097

best i saw was in Amsterdam, god bless. Comfy...
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #673224

I drive daily for work and more.

Keep in mind though:
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #673240

BeeSting12 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:08 pm
Probably 30 minutes (compared to a 5 minute drive). People around me definitely do it because I've seen the occasional shopping cart parked outside my apartment complex. It's a little under 2 miles. I drive to the supermarket because it allows me to carry a weeks supply of groceries home and walking would turn a 30 minute trip into an hour and 30 minute trip. The farthest you'd catch me walking to shop is across the street to the gas station convenience store.

Yes, of course. It's a 5-10 min walk
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #673243

I can not drive because I'm a little bitch
Beside hey walking is nice
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #673338

Vroooooooooooooooooooooooom
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #673367

According to google maps it would take me nearly 3 hours to walk to the nearest super market.
About 10-15 minute drive
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #673369

BeeSting12 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:08 pm

It takes seven and a half minutes from my front door to get to a supermarket. So yeah, I do. If you're getting a real large amount of stuff though, taking a car is perfectly sensible.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #673421

i drive
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #673488

I drive basically everywhere, but gas has gotten expensive lately and now that the midterm elections are over it's gone even more back up in price again
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #673780

Can drive but never actually passed my test due to lockdown. Then my financial situation got worse... But right now everything I need is within walking distance so.
It's not urgent, but I'd like to get back behind the wheel.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #673939

Used public transport for a decade. Got a car lla year ago. The difference is amazing. I'm not gonna lie and say it's cheap but the sheer convinence males up for it.

If I lived in a city centre I'd probably feel different but out here a car makes my life so much better.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #673942

SkeletalElite wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:16 am
According to google maps it would take me nearly 3 hours to walk to the nearest super market.
About 10-15 minute drive
Grocery delivery services changed my life. Big grocery stores (Like not import places) are my least favorite places on Earth.
Hugs
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #673971

i drive - guy from movie
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #674034

driver
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
CaptainKawoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by CaptainKawoppi » #674741

I can drive but I prefer to take the bicycle whenever possible since it's a lot less stressful in terms of traffic and I feel kinda bad for wasting fossil fuels on such a short distance. I should really get back to using the train again for when I need to get to the next town over, but I can't stand having to wake up earlier.
🏴‍☠️ Yarr... (Waitin' to be plundered?) Image
► Show Spoiler
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #674781

Living in the country side of Ohio, means you HAVE to drive everywhere. Even the big city's like columbus doesnt have that many ways of public transport besides walking.