it's fuggin smoky near me

hopefully no one in the community is too affected, good luck out there

Taken at ~7:15am, western New York
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Fires in Canada

Post by bobbahbrown » #688833

hello,

where i live there are wildfires but they're like on the opposite end of the harbor from me in Halifax and they're getting it under control because of the rain we've been getting this past few days. i am told by my friends in the united states of america that they are choking on our smoke, and that it smells smokey there, which is curious to me. i wouldn't expect it to travel that far.

thank you for the well wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688850

its been stinky in my town because canada made a big fire. i have not seen the sun in a week because of the canadian fire. next time canadians bitch about america i will tell them to learn how to put water on a fire instead of just burning their entire country to the ground like a dumb californian
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #688864

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:47 pm next time canadians bitch about america i will tell them to learn how to put water on a fire instead of just burning their entire country to the ground like a dumb californian
Putting out wildfires is, in most cases, bad forest management. It just allows dead brush to accumulate, making future wildfires larger and even more damaging. That's one of the reasons the California wildfires were so bad- they put water on the fire for decades instead of letting the dead stuff burn.

I don't know about other ecosystems, but wildfires are a natural occurrence in the Canadian shield biome. Our trees have been adapted to such a cycle for millions of years.
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688869

Farquaar wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:39 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:47 pm next time canadians bitch about america i will tell them to learn how to put water on a fire instead of just burning their entire country to the ground like a dumb californian
Putting out wildfires is, in most cases, bad forest management. It just allows dead brush to accumulate, making future wildfires larger and even more damaging. That's one of the reasons the California wildfires were so bad- they put water on the fire for decades instead of letting the dead stuff burn.

I don't know about other ecosystems, but wildfires are a natural occurrence in the Canadian shield biome. Our trees have been adapted to such a cycle for millions of years.
wake me up when humans adapt and evolve the gland that makes it so smoke inhalation doesn't cause me to go "coff coff"

californias also imported STINKY EUCS
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #688918

apparently in DC being outside all day is like smoking seven cigarettes. a little hazy just south of DC, ive been staying inside.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #688972

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:47 pm its been stinky in my town because canada made a big fire. i have not seen the sun in a week because of the canadian fire. next time canadians bitch about america i will tell them to learn how to put water on a fire instead of just burning their entire country to the ground like a dumb californian
we were having a BBQ and got carried away
I was going to invite you for next time but seems like you're not interested