SS13 RPG story summary

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

SS13 RPG story summary

Post by DrPillzRedux » #20808

People have been asking me about it and I agreed to do a story summary for them. I'll of course just be covering the main elements of the story and only major timeline branch offs thanks to decisions you could make. What's missing is character development and optional side storylines. There was a total of 5 chapters with 2 in the prequel to the main game, where you played as a clown. The prequel was unlocked after finishing the main campaign to give more of an OH SHIT moment when you get the twist.

Remember that this is a crude summary written by a tired man so if it appears bad well it was kinda better. Maybe. Yeah.

Chapter 1

You're Art White. You and Lacey get recruited at an NT recruiter office on earth. Art is given a job as a medical doctor while Lacey is shipped off to another station (will . You meet most of your party members on the arrival shuttle but don't join up with them until later. Half of the chapter is spent introducing all of the station characters (45 total) while the rest is detective work. You team up with Miku and Rance after doing their recruitment quests. After stopping a traitor with an esword and a revolver, a mutilated clown body with the characters "h13" crashes into arrivals at a high speed. You and your crew go to check out the body when the captain and security quickly snatch up the body and have all of you arrested for unknown reasons. No timeline branching in chapter 1.

Chapter 2

Lacey mysteriously arrives on the station as a detective, where you must play as her and figure out why Art and his friends are detained and how to free them. Following leads of illegal experimentation with meat and genetic code, as well as mass bomb production, you end up finding out that the RD, Johnathan Rigel, was performing these illegal activities as well as researching a weird dead clowns body. You fight Rigel as the first major boss, who summoned mechs and borgs to help him. After defeating Rigel, you find a message on his PDA from the Captain, who says that he has direct orders from centcomm to have that body contained and not touched. Rigel had been performing his own research on the body and had founded a cult. The cult uses Rigel's death as a martyr to recruit more people. Lacey approaches the dead clown, causing the letters to glow a bright red. She collapses in pain and blacks out, where the scene switches back to Art's crew. All is peaceful when Dante breaks into the brig and kills some officers. They then demand that you let them use Lindsey Donk as a hostage. You can choose either YES or NO, with NO being the true route. If you say no, they detonate a bomb and severely injure Lindsey. This chapter ends with the group rushing her to medbay.

Chapter 2 branch off: A Donk Lost

If you allow them to use Lindsey as a hostage, she ends up being killed by Dante as he uses her as a shield at the last minute. This mini branch is spent searching for Dante and Dalta. After a little detective work, you capture Dalta and goad out Dante. After the first fight, Dante kills Dalta by using her as a time bomb, killing both her and Rance, who took the blast to save Art. The station is then wracked by bombs. Art and Miku chase Dante into the chapel and pass out from oxygen loss. They wake back up in a fiery hell pit with Dante in front of them. After the boss fight, Dante reveals that the bombs that went off station-wide were not his. Miku and Art learn that they were in hell as they died from oxygen loss in the chapel. They sit on the edge of the platform over the lava and ponder what to do now. Miku ends up pushing Art off since he let Dante have Lindsey earlier.

The branch off ends with the text "The truth has yet to be revealed..." and you're sent to the main menu,

Chapter 3

Lindsey is stable but now has no legs. She cannot be used in the party anymore and is swapped out with Smoke Shaw, replacing her as the buff status character. Smoke needs help finding Austin who went into space and didn't come back. After some space exploration you find Austin, who has some weird kind of ancient device. You can choose to either research the artifact or not, with NOT doing it being the canon path.

After the homo shenanigans, Art gets a message from Lacey saying to beware of the captain. Shocked that Lacey is onboard, he searches for her but finds nothing. Husks and runes appear on the station. Art and his party investigate husks and find a white hair strand. They then search into the cult and find out that security has been turned into cultists. Sec is searching for Lacey as she killed their leader, so while they're distracted, Art tracks the captain. Turns out that the captain is the ling and is put into crit. Art, mad as hell, interrogates the ling brutally and learns what it knows about the cult. He then drags it to the gibber and violently stuffs it in. He breaks down crying after he does. The party then learns of bombs planted on the station. Art mans up and leads the party around to disarm the bombs, which end up having a cult members prints on them.

Chapter 3 branch off: The whale king

Pretty short joke branch off really. Your party searches space for some alien ruins. The artifact lets them inside, which released aliens, who then hijack the pod you took to get to the station. After a long, dungeon crawling mess, you end up facing the whale king, once called tonto, in a big fight for space. You end up killing him only to find your pod gone. Unable to escape, your party lives out the rest of their miserable lives in the ruins. The scene then fades out to some assistant, telling the story to a sec officer while in a cell. The assistant then bursts into an alien and the scene goes black.

Chapter 4

Art and pals do more detective work, this time on the cult. Most of the crew is now part of the cult. After several fights with cult members, you end up going to mining, where you find Johnathan Rigel and the clown corpse. Your party falls to Rigel, who turns out to be Lacey, a changeling. She is intent on summoning Nar Sie to the station. She spares the party only because she feels something for Art. Returning to the station, your crew finds blood everywhere with no lights on. The cult has killed all normal crew members and have been mutated into strange creatures. You end up fighting Lacey again in the chapel. If you win, Art can choose to either KILL HER or JOIN HER. KILLING HER is the canon option. The fight ends with Art embracing Lacey as she passes away. You find the notes on her PDA detailing centcomm as the cause of all this, as the head of NT ordered the clown body to be preserved. Your party lays traps and gets ready for the death squad and cleanup crew to come.

Chapter 5

Pretty simple if you didn't do a key quest earlier in the game. Your party kills the death squaddies and steals the shuttle codes from the cleanup crew. You hijack the shuttle and escape to Earth. The crew goes their seperate ways, now hunted by NT. Art, all alone, comments on how he feels they missed something. In the distance, he hears Lacey call him. The screen goes black.

TRUE ENDING: If you did a quest earlier in the game, you proceed the same way up until you launch for earth. Art will put in the codes to centcomm. Your party then fights through centcomm to a VR room. They find notes of VR tests of your party. After more dungeon crawling, you end up taking a portal to the CEO of nanotrasens office. You fight him and then destroy his computer. The screen goes black, with the party waking up in the real world and crawling out of VR pods in some guys basement. The guy turns out to be scaredofshadows, who had been running these servers to get entertainment out of the pain and suffering of people. You defeat scaredy and destroy the SS13 servers.

Then you wake up as a fat guy in a basement and laugh.

Prequel summary

Just gonna sum this one up quickly. You're the dead clown, who befriended a pink haired girl. You got experimented on, your party got horribly killed, aliens broke out on the station, and you're thrown out of the escape shuttle before it explodes by your dying girlfriend. You fly into SS13's arrivals, dead as a clown in perma.

And that's all for the main stuff. Lots of other stuff I'm not including because I don't feel it's worth typing up. I never released it because 1) lel 2GB's at 70KBPs upload rate and 2) I formatted when I got a new PC so it's gone. All I have left is this BGM I made and showed to some people.

[youtube]HF1p8eIOUMg[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: SS13 RPG story summary

Post by paprika » #20815

Art's a shit character
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #20819

yeah well so is yer mum
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #20879

Nice BGM.
私は完璧
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #20941

I put so much time into the music. Ditched all the various game ost's and made my own. Regret not putting the ost somewhere.

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #21143

Just remaking some of the tracks because it's fun and I can go back and fix what I felt was wrong with them.

[youtube]jbTAfuMwItQ[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #21164

i have about tree fitty lines typed

a correct post by pillz
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #21401

I remember disliking pillz because he was a huge little baby faggot. I wonder if he still is. Anyway, no one remembers these characters except for me and the laceyxart thing was always dumb. Autumn should always be a staplepoint as she is literally the wackiest protagonist that has ever come to be on ss13 and she is the most fun, sweetest, nicest, most attractive in the game. She also can't die as she has plot armor and can do pretty much anything besides swim.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #21422

I can't think of a time where autumn has died off the top of my head
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #21483

I would have saved John from you and helped him continue science. Sorry. You can't just defeat Jonathan Rigel.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #21629

Didn't this "project" died over a year ago?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #21633

question:

can I fart in this high tech space station simulation role playing game

if not,

CODE IT NOW
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #21638

srifenbyxp wrote:Didn't this "project" died over a year ago?
I've said like a million times that I finished it. Read the bottom of the OP.

Now have more OST goodness.

[youtube]kwf4LGLwpIk[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz